CCCVIII - Belvoir Castle

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
K3G
Freeman

CCCVIII - Belvoir Castle

Post by K3G »

Hello everybody,

Belvoir was a Hospitallers stronghold in Israel.

This is my first attempt for a complete playable castle, I posted only 3 pics for the contest but you can see more pics at Brickshelf http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=456458 or MOCpages http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/244405

I cannot wait for your comments,
and good luck to all the participants!

Dan
K3G
Last edited by K3G on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Non nobis, non nobis Domine, sed Nomini Tuo da gloriam!
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Re: CCCVIII - Belvoir Castle

Post by Blego7 »

The addition of minifigs on this one makes it better than your previous. Great work!
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Post by Rogue Shadow »

That is AWESOME! That right there is a big castle! I really love the fact that you made it a playable size. Well done!
In Christ,
Rogue
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION
Legoorci
Apprentice

Post by Legoorci »

Now the creation is finished !
Before, there was "just" the castle, now there'S a good landscape, many figs...there's live.
Good job.
You can see my MoCs on [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoorci/]my Flickr Account[/url] and you can see them also on [url=http://legoorci.wordpress.com/]my Blog[/url] where you also can read the stories behind the MoCs...but in german.
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

I have a question: do you play with it? :)

if you do (and you must:), I envy you so much :)

castle is fantastic, and just look at all the goodies in the treasury ;)
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

pijani wrote:I have a question: do you play with it? :)

If I had something this great to play with as a kid I don't think I ever would have left the house. Wow. Very inspiring. If I had to list all the things I like about this Castle I'd be here all day. Nice job!
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
K3G
Freeman

Post by K3G »

Blego7 wrote:The addition of minifigs on this one makes it better than your previous. Great work!
As I wrote on Mocpages, your advise on Krak was very important for me, thanks again!
K3G
Freeman

Post by K3G »

pijani wrote:I have a question: do you play with it? :)

Thank you so much for your comments!
Well, usually I don't play with my castles... I don't have so much spare time to build AND play!
Basically, I am must interested in castle architecture than in its inhabitants... but this time it was very funny to recreate the castle's life with minifigs, animals, little life scenes.
I'm happy you liked it!
Dan
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

The addition of minifigs and some terrain to Belvoir Castle make it stand out from your previous work. I actually prefer the overall look of Krak des Chevaliers, but the addition of medieval occupants really adds something here. In fact, if I would suggest that you consider adding some more figures to your next work. More livestock and peasants taking up space in the outer bailey would be perfect. Consider adding some clutter (carts, wagon wheels, animals, barrels, etc) to give even more life to your next castle. While it's hard to top your model of Krak des Chevaliers for size, I think what you've added makes Belvoir a nicer looking build.

Also, it's nice to see a builder working with white bricks. The effect is quite striking.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
K3G
Freeman

Post by K3G »

Blueandwhite wrote:The addition of minifigs and some terrain to Belvoir Castle make it stand out from your previous work. I actually prefer the overall look of Krak des Chevaliers, but the addition of medieval occupants really adds something here. In fact, if I would suggest that you consider adding some more figures to your next work. More livestock and peasants taking up space in the outer bailey would be perfect. Consider adding some clutter (carts, wagon wheels, animals, barrels, etc) to give even more life to your next castle. While it's hard to top your model of Krak des Chevaliers for size, I think what you've added makes Belvoir a nicer looking build.

Also, it's nice to see a builder working with white bricks. The effect is quite striking.
Hello, thank you so much for your comments, they are very important for me.
Actually, I prefer also the look of Krak, however the look of my castles doesn't depend on me but on the true look of the real castle (even if Belvoir doesn't exist anymore at present time)!
Basically, my work is inspired by architecture and my attention is placed first of all on the building itself : I confess that I am personnaly shared between a "naked" castle and a populated one... sometimes I fear that minifig "distracts" from the building... but I confess also that it is very funny to recreate some life inside!
In any case, I'm very happy if you like it!
Just a little scoop: my next castle will be Torrechiara, near Parma, in Italy. I'm actually working also on my reconstitution of the Abbey in "The Name of the Rose", in which I can use more fantasy.