I hope they add a bard in the next CMF series

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Terry Tuffnuts
Serf

Post by Terry Tuffnuts »

Edited: (not allowed to post leaks)

So much violence but we really need some more of the mundane aspects of medieval life to add depth to our villages, rather than another bad guy in black firing some random missile at a 'good' guy.

So I have my fingers crossed they will add a bard in the 2022's series
Last edited by Terry Tuffnuts on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I really don't want to have to post this, because I want to encourage people to be here at CC, talking, enjoying, having fun. And while I truly understand the excitement and speculation.

We don't allow the discussion of leaks at CC. We want to have a positive relationship with the LEGO corporation.

Please refer to the CC terms of service.

http://classic-castle.com/tos.html
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Terry Tuffnuts
Serf

Re: I hope they add a bard in the next CMF series

Post by Terry Tuffnuts »

Good news, what a surprise. They added a bard to this year's CMFs and he's PERFECT!!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

It is indeed a very nice looking fig. quite a few good Castly figs in this one.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Elephant Knight wrote:It is indeed a very nice looking fig. quite a few good Castly figs in this one.

EKnight
This is probably the best CMF series for Castle. I really liked 20 with the Tournament Knight and Viking (maybe we’ll see a version of him again this summer in the creator set?) but this series has 4 medieval/fantasy figs with the bard being the head of the class.
Bishons
Apprentice
Location: The land where the sun beats hot and the kangaroos bounce 'round

Post by Bishons »

INTENSS wrote:(maybe we’ll see a version of him again this summer in the creator set?)
Ummm, that set was cancelled by Lego for some reason :cry: . This is the proof:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2f44c371-d67 ... da968dfb93

Yeah, cool bard, although I actually want just knight, with Armor, because $5AUD for a knight is crazy nowadays. :spin:
Bishons,

The key to good MOC building is a large brain and a kinda big wallet

My website: https://sites.google.com/view/bishons-lego-creations/home
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Bishons wrote:
INTENSS wrote:(maybe we’ll see a version of him again this summer in the creator set?)

Yeah, cool bard, although I actually want just knight, with Armor, because $5AUD for a knight is crazy nowadays. :spin:
What does the Lego Ideas Viking ship rejection have to do with the Creator 3 in 1 set 31132 being cancelled? If anything, the Ideas set rejection probably had something to do with a mainline set being in development, albeit unfortunately.
Bishons
Apprentice

Post by Bishons »

INTENSS wrote:
Bishons wrote:

What does the Lego Ideas Viking ship rejection have to do with the Creator 3 in 1 set 31132 being cancelled? If anything, the Ideas set rejection probably had something to do with a mainline set being in development, albeit unfortunately.
It got cancelled, or we haven't seen a photo, lego's rejected Jonas Kramms, and that was the idea for the set, but it's gone now
Bishons,

INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Bishons wrote: It got cancelled, or we haven't seen a photo, lego's rejected Jonas Kramms, and that was the idea for the set, but it's gone now
We won’t see a photo of this set until the Summer, much like the Castle 3 in 1 last year and Pirate 3 in 1 the year prior. This set has nothing to do with the Ideas set you’re talking about.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

When in Ideas set doesn't get pass review, and there are rumors of a 3-1 set of the same thing, chances are pretty good we will see a 3-1 set.

Too bad those 3-1 sets tend to be low on minifigs. That's what the CMFs are for, I guess.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Bishons
Apprentice

Post by Bishons »

Rumours aren't leaks you know. I think your chances are slim, as they took away Lego ideas one, if they want a 3 in 1, why didn't they accept Jonas'?
Bishons,

INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Bishons wrote:Rumours aren't leaks you know. I think your chances are slim, as they took away Lego ideas one, if they want a 3 in 1, why didn't they accept Jonas'?
I'll preface this with I voted for Jonas' Ideas set and would have preferred it. However, it's not a 3 in 1 Creator set that Lego can sell many more of.

The Ideas set would have been more money and would not have had the ability to be a 3 in 1 that Lego is looking to produce for a wider audience. The 3 in 1 Pirate ship and Medieval Castle sets have been successful because they appeal to a larger audience in their builds and ability to be 2 more toys (with less minifigs to drive up the cost). As well, the 3 in 1 sets can be found in many more stores, whereas the Ideas sets are rather limited in retail locations.

As Elephant Knight mentioned, this set being rejected actually increased the likelihood of a Lego set being made of the same. Now, I think the Viking Village Ideas set would have been a nice combo with this as they did with the Barracuda Bay and Medieval Blacksmith Ideas sets the same years the 3 in 1 sets were released. Perhaps, Lego feels the audience is a bit smaller for the Vikings theme.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Bishons wrote:Rumours aren't leaks you know. I think your chances are slim, as they took away Lego ideas one, if they want a 3 in 1, why didn't they accept Jonas'?
Rumors aren't leaks just like an Ideas set being rejected isn't proof that the 3:1 was cancelled. Nothing is certain, either way. No reason for anyone to act like they "know" at this point. Best we can do is hold out hope! :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!