CCC XX - The question and answer thread

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

CCC XX - The question and answer thread

Post by Bluesecrets »

We are almost there!!!! :D I'm too excited to wait on this thread...so I am posting it.

Please remember to read the rules. We've tried very hard to simplify them and remove ones that were not necessary or fun suckers. Remember, my goal is to bring back the happy and fun of when I used to be competing.

Watch the size restrictions. They exist for a reason, so everyone can have a category in which to build.

Also, please know that I am going to get to you and your answers as soon as I can, but I do work and have family responsibilities. It might take me a day to get back to you, unless the CCC team needs to confer about it.

If you wait until the absolute last minute to enter, join CC, or what-not, I will not guarantee that I will have the time to approve your membership or entry before the deadlines. Take that this way...there is a zero percent chance that I will be at my computer the entire evening waiting for entries and accounts. Oh and please...if you are just joining, make sure your profile is unique so I can tell you are an actual human and not a bot.

AND FINALLY...have fun. I think the best LEGO gift I could get this year is if the CCC would be like it used to be for me. If I knew that people were excited and happy, thrilled to build and found it to be worth their time.

PS - If you could spent a little time thanking JTooker, AK-Brickster, and Elephant Knight...without them, I couldn't do this on my own.

PPS - It will open at midnight EST as usual...I was too thrilled to start.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
TheKindCrusader
Gong Farmer

Re: CCC XX - The question and answer thread

Post by TheKindCrusader »

I can’t wait! I am sure this will be awesome. :mrgreen: :eyebrows:
Have a great day!
"All embrace me / It’s my time to rule at last / Fifteen years have I been waiting /To sit upon my throne"
Have a great day, and happy legoing!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I'm sorry for the slight delay of posting of the categories. I'm having a little bit of drama today. They will show up.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

The categories and prizes have been posted: http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/pr ... test=cccxx
MKJoshA
Gong Farmer

Post by MKJoshA »

Really sorry if I missed it somewhere. But I could only find the dates the contest runs in small print in the GOAT contest post. Could we get the dates posted in more places please? It's Nov 1st - Jan 3rd as far as I understand, right?
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

MKJoshA wrote:Really sorry if I missed it somewhere. But I could only find the dates the contest runs in small print in the GOAT contest post. Could we get the dates posted in more places please? It's Nov 1st - Jan 3rd as far as I understand, right?
You are correct. Thank you for pointing this out. I updated the main forum post (the one with the categories). It is on the [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ccc/ru ... test=cccxx]rules page[/url] as well.

The contest runs from now until January 3rd, 2023 and midnight server time.
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

I have a quick question :) . Can my entry for the colossal castle category by only the interior of the castle?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

josdu wrote:I have a quick question :) . Can my entry for the colossal castle category by only the interior of the castle?
1) Your castle can have an interior and since there are no longer limits on the number of photos, you can show that off too. So no, not just interior please.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

Is armor allowed for the "Medieval Fashion" category?
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Bluesecrets wrote:
josdu wrote:I have a quick question :) . Can my entry for the colossal castle category by only the interior of the castle?
1) Your castle can have an interior and since there are no longer limits on the number of photos, you can show that off too. So no, not just interior please.
Got it, thank you!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

jtooker wrote:Is armor allowed for the "Medieval Fashion" category?
2. Yep. Just no weapons.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

the Inventor
Laborer

Post by the Inventor »

"9. Have a Peasant Day! - Create a scene showcasing lifestyles of the poor and unnotable"

What is meant by a scene, some minifigs with accessories and some animals, or a whole brick build landscape/building where they are working the land for example?

First, I thought it was just minifigs like last year, especially because of the price, but the scene part makes me believe otherwise. So, no further restrictions beyond, it has something to do with peasants daily live?
Visit my Flickr, Brickshelf or youtube.
jtooker
Admin
Admin

Post by jtooker »

the Inventor wrote:"9. Have a Peasant Day! - Create a scene showcasing lifestyles of the poor and unnotable"

What is meant by a scene, some minifigs with accessories and some animals, or a whole brick build landscape/building where they are working the land for example?

First, I thought it was just minifigs like last year, especially because of the price, but the scene part makes me believe otherwise.
We are looking for more than just minifigures. But we do not want to be restrictive. It could be an outdoor or indoor scene.
So, no further restrictions beyond, it has something to do with peasants daily live?
Correct
Witz Bricks
Villein

Post by Witz Bricks »

I've got a question about the Small Castle category. I'm wondering how lenient the definition of a "castle" is for this category. With the building size limited to 32x32 you can only go so far, so will something like an outpost work? What I want to build is something more like two towers that are connected, I just didn't want to risk building something only to have it disqualified for not technically being a "castle". Thanks!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Witz Bricks wrote:I've got a question about the Small Castle category. I'm wondering how lenient the definition of a "castle" is for this category. With the building size limited to 32x32 you can only go so far, so will something like an outpost work? What I want to build is something more like two towers that are connected, I just didn't want to risk building something only to have it disqualified for not technically being a "castle". Thanks!
There are lots of examples of small castles all over Europe. The small castle category exists to allow people with smaller collections a chance at building a castle without having to compete against an epic giant build. Which doesn't necessarily answer your question. If you can show me an example...in private messages, I will give you a better answer. Private message so others do not steal your idea.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan