Serf

Re: CCC XXI

Post by KlaasK »

It was in the spam folder... answer will follow tomorrow
KlaasK
Serf

Post by KlaasK »

KlaasK wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:07 pm It was in the spam folder... answer will follow tomorrow
Sent
CaptainFlint
Villein

Post by CaptainFlint »

Nice categories this year. I have a question. I already posted the creation in the Religious Building category and I wasn't happy with how I made the terrain and I changed it after posting. Is this even allowed? If it is not, then remove my participation. I'm really sorry for the mess, but I had to change it because I really want to have a good creation for myself.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

CaptainFlint wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:57 pm Nice categories this year. I have a question. I already posted the creation in the Religious Building category and I wasn't happy with how I made the terrain and I changed it after posting. Is this even allowed? If it is not, then remove my participation. I'm really sorry for the mess, but I had to change it because I really want to have a good creation for myself.
The admin team is discussing and will get back to you with an answer.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Roxanne
Serf

Post by Roxanne »

Hello again! I have another question regarding the “before 1996” category: Are modern versions of the same shield designed allowed?

I’m specifically asking about the shields included with set 10305, Lion Knight’s Castle (2022). Several of the designs are reprints of classic designs, but they have separate BrickLink catalog entries.

Technically, I think they may be allowed under the grey/light bluish grey substitution rule, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask for clarification due to the printed designs.

Obviously, if allowed, I would only use the designs that have a matching design in the classic sets, and I would include proof of that with my submission, if necessary.

Thanks in advance!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Roxanne wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:24 pm Hello again! I have another question regarding the “before 1996” category: Are modern versions of the same shield designed allowed?

I’m specifically asking about the shields included with set 10305, Lion Knight’s Castle (2022). Several of the designs are reprints of classic designs, but they have separate BrickLink catalog entries.

Technically, I think they may be allowed under the grey/light bluish grey substitution rule, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask for clarification due to the printed designs.

Obviously, if allowed, I would only use the designs that have a matching design in the classic sets, and I would include proof of that with my submission, if necessary.

Thanks in advance!
All of the shields that are basically just new versions of old ones are fine. The one with the dual background colours, aka, the queens shield, is a new design, so we will allow all but that one.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
the Inventor
Laborer

Post by the Inventor »

Question regarding the village category, if the buildings are attached, does it count as one or multiple?

For example next to each other in a street, or attached to a single central building (e.g. a gatehouse)?

What if in a fantasy village some buildings are build on top of each other (each would still have it's own entrance)?
Visit my Flickr, Brickshelf or youtube.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

the Inventor wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:42 pm Question regarding the village category, if the buildings are attached, does it count as one or multiple?

For example next to each other in a street, or attached to a single central building (e.g. a gatehouse)?

What if in a fantasy village some buildings are build on top of each other (each would still have it's own entrance)?
I need to discuss this with the team before I can answer.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

CaptainFlint wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:57 pm Nice categories this year. I have a question. I already posted the creation in the Religious Building category and I wasn't happy with how I made the terrain and I changed it after posting. Is this even allowed? If it is not, then remove my participation. I'm really sorry for the mess, but I had to change it because I really want to have a good creation for myself.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. The answer is yes but with a limited time frame. Meaning, it needs to be edited before the last week of the contest. When I'm approving a lot of last minute entries.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Roxanne
Serf

Post by Roxanne »

Elephant Knight wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:23 am
All of the shields that are basically just new versions of old ones are fine. The one with the dual background colours, aka, the queens shield, is a new design, so we will allow all but that one.

EKnight
Thank you very much!
KlaasK
Serf

Post by KlaasK »

Another question. I really can't find, for example, if the tan 32x32 baseplate did exist before 1995.
Baseplates itself were born in 1978, so that's no problem. As far as I can find, the tan color did exist before 1995.
But can I use a tan baseplate?

This is just an example. Some parts and colors did exist before 1995, but the part-color-combination did not. Do I have to check this?

Another question: arch 1 x 6 is replaced bij arch 1x6 raised arch. I think it's not a problem to use the new one. Is that true?
And the same question for other arches, like 1 x 12 x 3.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

According to Bricklink, the 32x32 baseplate in Tan was first released in 1997, in set #6559 "Deep Sea Bounty".
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn ... 2&srtAsc=A

You can look this kind of info up by searching for the part on Bricklink, selecting tan in the "Known Colors" secton on the right, and then sorting by year released.

Variations that have relatively minor aesthetic differences should be fine, as long as any functional features added by the new variant are not taken advantage of in your build. Your example of 1x6 arch vs 1x6 raised arch is totally acceptable, but for example, if the original part had no clutch/poor clutch on the underside, but the new one has excellent clutch, don't take advantage of that change in your build.

Great questions, keep 'em coming!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
KlaasK
Serf

Post by KlaasK »

Thanks a lot. I'm happy I'm not using the tan baseplate, but an older color :)
KlaasK
Serf

Post by KlaasK »

New question: the rules allow to use the new grey parts. But in 1995 there were almost no dark gray parts... As far as I can find it was introduced around 1998 as a color for plates and slopes...
What about this? Is dbg allowed to use or not?
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

KlaasK wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:26 pm New question: the rules allow to use the new grey parts. But in 1995 there were almost no dark gray parts... As far as I can find it was introduced around 1998 as a color for plates and slopes...
What about this? Is dbg allowed to use or not?
Yes that is fine. The new light and dark bluish gray, along with reddish brown are fine to substitute for their old counterparts :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/