Welcome to Elf-uaray

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Welcome to Elf-uaray

Post by Bluesecrets »

With such a good CCC, I'm feeling all excited and hyped to try and do some new stuff around here.

Elf-uaray - we have never done anything elf inspired and I think it is about time! Those who were around a bunch of years ago will laugh...elves are what I named as my crytonite, but elves have so many amazing possibilities and they are actually kind of flexible.

What does this mean? It means that I am running a month long contest about elves. Great eh? Here are the details.

1) Find (or build) yourself an elf that you are happy working with. I don't care if it is a LOTR elf, a Keebler elf, or a friends elf. Whatever elf makes you happy, creative and inspired.
2) Give that elf a name, a profession, a backstory.
3) Contest 1: Build where your elf lives.
4) Contest 2: Build a day of your elf at their profession.
5) Now we are classic castle...so it should fit into our castle theme. But hey...if you can build a giant medieval tree to bake medieval cookies in with your elf...well WOW! That would be epic!

Rules:
1) No size restrictions
2) No building restrictions except please keep to LEGO parts except for string and cloth like all our contests
3) You can enter twice per contest
4) Feel free to take whatever photos you want. Just link me and I'll judge.
5) I'm planning on being the only judge...unless that needs to change because a bunch of entries happen...so everyone who is inspired to build can build.
6) It starts now!
7) It ends February 29 11:59 EST

Oh yeah, how do you enter? Post it on the contest threads that I will make this weekend. There will be one for each. And please please pleeeeeeeeeeease, put your elf name, profession and backstory in the posts...why? Because it is cool and fun.

Prizes:
Um...yeah I'll find a couple in the next few days and post them.

And since I'm all hyped up...who knows what other elf-y things I can come up with or the staff does. This is all very fluid at this moment...with the purpose of having some fun! Heck, I might just have to make me an elf to be part of it.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Kurojaki
Freeman

Re: Welcome to Elf-uaray

Post by Kurojaki »

Nice, will try to enter

edit: might not be enough at home to get anything done + would still need to figure out the minifig, but we will see
Last edited by Kurojaki on Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluesecrets

Re: Welcome to Elf-uaray

Post by Bluesecrets »

The prizes are the same, because its the most elvish set I could find. The LEGO Dreamzzz Village.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!