Oxford Castle set help

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
destroyer4147
Villein

Oxford Castle set help

Post by destroyer4147 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. I hope you can help.

I need the Oxford castle set Red Devil ORD65000. It comes with a really cool knight with a huge, mean looking falchion sword and the beast looks really cool too.

I emailed Oxford and they said that they don't ship to the US.

I emailed a bunch of Korean web toy-stores that carry Oxford toys, asking for instructions as to how to buy this set, since I DONT speak Korean. None of them ever got back to me.

I can't afford e-tamiya's monstrous price.

What I want is Oxford Red Devil ORD65000. I would prefer to buy it from a Korean webstore because It will run me about 40ish at most, versus etamiya's 100+ dollars.

I've come to the decision that it's way too much trouble to buy Oxfords, so I will buy only ONE set, and I'll make it good. I want the ORD65000 because it's the biggest set there is in the Red Devil series, and I love the huge mean looking falchion that the knight carries, as well as the Red Devil beast creature as well.

I am hoping that someone can speak Korean, or is in Korea, and can help me get a hold of this set. It's been a year since I've first made attempts.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I'm asumming this Red Devil thing isn't LEGO?

Sorry never heard of it. Though this is a LEGO sight and LEGO only so you may not wanna post other non-LEGO stuff here.

And Admin will set you sttraight though. It's not my place.

Welcome to CC.com. Hope you like it here.
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Oxford?

Umm... for those of us who are Lego fans, it might be a help to know precisely what this is....

For what its worth, quite apart from being offtopic if it isn't Lego, which I assume is the case, there is no way to help you if we haven't a clue what it is.
destroyer4147
Villein

Post by destroyer4147 »

oxford is basically a Lego-clone.

The website:

http://www.oxfordtoy.co.kr

The Red Devil is their fantasy castle series, which has interesting pieces. I would include pics in this post, but I don't know how.

Anyway, go to the website, click on English, click on products, click on small blocks, and look at everything they have.

I'm not sure if this is a Lego purist site, but I am one of a few castle fans who likes to mix my lego with clone brands.

Thanks
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I've seen Oxford before, its only available in Korea. Anyhow the only thing I like about Oxford is its Military theme.

Though... my own custom Military theme can wipe the floor with Oxfords military, or any clone brand's military theme. :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

destroyer4147 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a Lego purist site, but I am one of a few castle fans who likes to mix my lego with clone brands.
Well, we have some users who use clone brands, but as far as the site itself goes, this is a purist site. And a great number of us users are purists as well. Although the exact definition of purist varies...
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Hmm.. I don't really like any clone brand, except of course custom weapons and stuff. So this Oxford "building set" looks bad. I can't seem to find any images on the site but it sure looks like a rip-off. Anyway, I cant read Korean so the site makes no sense to me.

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

they had an English tab you could switch to... and then look at the
products under the "product" tab.

The sets look really awefull as far as individual pieces go, unless you
like that kind of look (pre-70's) lego style. Some of the set designs
look like they've been ripped off lego, but taylored for the Korean
market place.

As far as the castle sets, at least the castles themselves at least merrit
a look at. The scale on the horses are pretty bad (they are almost as
high as a building). The minifigs are also pretty awefull to look at.

As far as getting them cheaply, I don't know. Unless you know a
servicemember (US Military) that is in Korea at this time, I would
say your chances of getting a good deal is pretty slim.

Benjamin Medinets,

who doesn't financially support any construction toy clones.
gul_avel
Serf

Oxford castle sets

Post by gul_avel »

Well, all puristism aside, it is unlikely that you will find a way to buy the set.

I know, since I am also a fan of Oxford and of Castle. I do have several of their castle sets, not the Red Devil ones but the other ones, And there are indeed pieces that can be easily interchanged and no one would be any the wiser. The minifigs are different though. The horses are great to be used as the much larger Destroyer (sp) war horses used in medieval times. Those horses were huge, and Oxford horses fit the qualifications.

Enough rambling, your best bet is to keep trying various Korean department stores and/or Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart in Korea sells Oxford toys, try contacting someone in Wal-Mart here in the states to see if they can sell you something from their stores overseas.

Try it, see what happens.
There is no such thing as chaos in God's universe, there is only the lack of human understanding; our inability to see how the system works and interacts. --Avery Christy
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

I prefer fundamentalist rather than purist. It describes better my attituse towards clone bricks.

Yet I must admit there seem to be some useful pieces, but the customizers among CC members are doing far better. And this is just poor imitation of KKI. Don't you think? Why spare your money on this when the real thing is out there?

In LEGO veritas!
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I got my one Red Devil Oxford set in a trade with Red Bean, and after shipping and proper cmpensation is was pretty expensive (considering all I wanted it for was the minifigs). But it does have some great pieces!

Check these out! Those brown weapons are both Oxford and came with the set I got (and of course the Wizard's an awesome custom decal job done by Legofreak). Sorry but those are the only pics I have of oxford weapons. If you want more MCN has a database with most of them listed.

Honestly, other than finding someone here that can ship it to you..... there's a LOT of US military stationed in Korea. Got any buddies in the Army?
gul_avel
Serf

Post by gul_avel »

Yet I must admit there seem to be some useful pieces, but the customizers among CC members are doing far better. And this is just poor imitation of KKI. Don't you think? Why spare your money on this when the real thing is out there?

-Ragnarok

I can't argue, some of those customizer cloners are doing some great things, like that Little Armory. As for poor imitation of KKI, well, actually in terms of time line, the Oxford stuff was out years before Lego launched their KKI. I think it may be a little bit the other way around.
There is no such thing as chaos in God's universe, there is only the lack of human understanding; our inability to see how the system works and interacts. --Avery Christy