Classic Castle Roleplay: November

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

E-8 The Glass Gem, Iadoraz Free Port

JACK BLACKHEART had been at sea many days now, opting to abandon those hopeless fools, who were probably lying dead somewhere on this wretched world, rotting corpses in a ditch that told a story of desperation and foolish gallantry. As Jack always said to himself, better to be hated and live rich, than be praised and die poor.
The Glass Gem, a brothel and tavern favored by his and rival buccaneer's crews, was a tall and extravagant Tudor building, the walls up from the first story were painted blood red, the windows a robin's egg blue. The first story was built of stone, and gaudy banners flapped from iron poles jutting from it. Well-dressed and elegant harlots beckoned from inside, where polished mahogany tables and a grained bar awaited. Fine bottles of rich Black Knight wine, flasks fizzing Royal champagne and kegs of strong Crusader beer where drunk, escapes from the chaotic trials of the outside world. The outside world where men killed one another without reason and a simple metal coin could be an excuse for war.
Jack Blackheart, haggard, drunken, his black beard disheveled, threw open the door to the establishment to hearken to the sounds of lutes and mandolins, bards playing pipes and mugs slamming onto tables, the place smelling of incense and liquior.
"Jack Blackheart? Back from Barleyburg I see?"
A familiar voice shouted out from the din. Robert Ringwald, greedy eyes looking out from a pasty face, looked at him with savage tenacity.
"I suppose you have my wares then."
Blackheart looked at him drunkenly, eyes wide.
"Who do you call yourself, obese moron?" he shouted at the crime lord. "Get out of my way, this very instant!"
"Your trades are long overdue," Ringwald sneered, displaying a large amount of obnoxious impunity.
Blackheart swung his mammoth arm out in a horizontal sweep, catching the man in the jaw and sending him flying backwards into a table. It went crashing out from under him, and the men who were sitting at it, rough-looking vagabonds and pirates, immediately stood up and frowned at Blackheart, pulling out swords and crossbows. Blackheart growled.
One of them fired his crossbow, the bolt grazing Blackheart's ear and hitting the fellow behind him. The men at that table then pulled their own arms, and went after both the crossbowman and Blackheart. Disemboweling an approaching assailant with his cutlass, Blackheart cut through the men. The prostitutes shouted in despair.
One of the vagabonds, dressed in a flowing blue overcoat that hung over his lace silver-and-blue tunic, lunged at Blackheart with his rapier. Blackheart parried the blow, sending sparks flying in different directions. He then struck down, but the vagabond deflected him, throwing him off and sending Blackheart staggering backwards.
Blackheart once again attacked, cutting the fellow's coat lapel, but not breaking skin. Further insulted, the fellow stabbed Blackheart in the knee. The pirate groaned, then swung down to kill the cowered stabber. He rolled out of the way and stabbed at Jack again, but missed. Jack stumbled, clutching his leg. Under a table, the swordsman hid from him, but Blackheart saw him, swinging at him. The swordsman dodged in time, forcing Blackheart to chop off one of the table's legs instead.
Blackheart could not see him. But suddenly, he felt the cold tinge of steel to his neck.
"No way out now, old man. Put down your sword."
As Blackheart leaned down, sword at his neck, he pulled a concealed dagger from his boot. Slowly standing up, he pressed it softly to the man's side.
"Say your prayers... and prepare to meet Chodan." the vagabond said.
"I'll mention you," Jack quipped, pressing a button which released the collapsed blade into his side. The vagabond dropped his sword, and Jack spun around, ripping open the swordsman's stomach.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

J-10

By the time the officer arrived in the stateroom with news, Bernard Quorandis had the Emperor's permission to leave Orion.

And to seek Elwen.

The truth was that Quorandis should really have gone with the Club Knights that morning. With a senior officer to command the Cavaliers in Orion, it was only sensible that Quorandis return to take command of the three hundred Cavaliers he had left in Talistrand. The two hundred who had come with him would remain in Orion until the Cavaliers were built up to complete strength, which could be a few years.

Of course, Quorandis hadn't left, intent as he was on helping reconstruct the Empire as best he could, but the truth was that his presence was somewhat awkward, especially for his superiors. Neither the nobles at court or the new Cavalier hierarchy felt comfortable implementing their decisions with the former temporary Emperor and Commander-in-Chief watching their every move.

It was without any great reluctance therefore, that Constantius granted Quorandis' request to depart Orion. The Commander-general was now on indefinite leave. The Emperor had no grudge against Quorandis, and liked him well enough, but he acknowledged the implicit difficulties in having him in Orion, and he felt that the young Cavalier deserved to enjoy some time without duties after his heavy duties leading the Imperial cause.

So when the officer reported to Quorandis that Sir Jayko Falconensis was not to be found in the Golden City, Quorandis was ready to leave almost immediately.

Before nightfall, he was out of the city.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Grid: K-10
\
But Alex was silent thinking of Aros and his brother.

"A battle at the golden city." he thought. "And what of my friends? If BloodVaine is dead then what about them?"

Pushing back his fears for his friends Alex stood and said. "All right then, lets go
The company was on the road. Jos was pulled behind the horse on a liter as Logon led. Alex strode beside, with Urgun the wolf at his heels. Walf was in the back and Dale was there too, traveling inside Reno's sword.

"So Dale," Walf asked the sword, swinging it wildly about as though fighting an invisible foe. "What's it like, being a ghost?"

From out of the sword came a soft chuckle. "Well it does have it's advantages I suppose. I'm never tired or hungry. I never get sick and I never have to relive myself if you know what I mean. I suppose I'm immortal too, but... You can't really call what I have 'living'. I can't taste or feel anything. I can't breath the sweet air of a misty morning or fell the warmth of the sun in the afternoon. It's rather lonely really. Being separated from people. No one can really relate. She would never love a ghost."

Dale fell silent and Walf didn't press the matter. The boy didn't know what Dale meant, but he could tell by the sorrowful voice that this was a topic best left undiscused.

They carried on in silence for a while until Walf ventured into another topic.

"You know we're pretty lucky Dale. That knight we fought was a really good swordsmen. I'm surprised this sword didn't break."

"Break? No, this sword wouldn't break. The curse wouldn't let it. Who knows, perhaps if it did I would be free. But you are right. We were lucky. I wasn't even sure if I could move the sword, let alone fight with it. Of course I've got it under control now."

Suddenly Reno's sword leapt from Walf's grasp, flying through the air in a series of loops twirls until finally returning to Walf's hand.

"Wow!" Walf exclaimed. "That's amazing! Say, when I was in the dungeon of the Drullen Bell keep and there was that one golden sword... Were you..."

"Yes it was me who warned you against taking that sword. It was enchantedyou know."

"I knew it was you." Walf said. "I just knew it."
~
Meanwhile Alex and Logon were having there own conversation.

"What?!" said Alex, totally shocked at Logon's last remark.

"I said that Logon isn't my real name."

"You lied to us?!"

"Oh no. It's not that. You see I have many names. I just like to change them when going from place to place that's all. I've been Logen, Logan, and now Logon. I'm not exactly infamous, but I have gotten a bad name in some places and changing it now and then helps."

"Helps what?"

Logen smiled. "It helps." he repeated and they stepped out of the trees and into view of the gates of Orion.
Last edited by The Green Knight on Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Grid: I-14

The Rusty Sign Tavern: A normal tavern with a currios name. Of course any one but a blind man could see the reason behind the name. Thenais, however, was a blind man and that was why he inquired about it one morning as he and Mac sat, having their breakfast.

"The name?" Mac asked. "What about it?"

"Well doesn't it seem strange to you? 'The Rusty Sign'?"

"Not really, Thenais. You see they call it 'The Rust Sign' because the sign outside is rusty. I suppose there used to be something on it once but now it's all rusted over. Hence the name. By the way, I've got some good news. The snows have cleared up and the roads are finally fit for travel."

"We're leaving?"

"Yep. As soon as we're done with breakfast."

And so they did just that. Before long they were in Knights Kingdom.

Ok, enough of that!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-10
Formendacil wrote:So when the officer reported to Quorandis that Sir Jayko Falconensis was not to be found in the Golden City, Quorandis was ready to leave almost immediately.

Before nightfall, he was out of the city.
Bernard Quorandis had intended to travel alone. It was, pretty much, his only option. None of the courtiers or such in Orion was worth having as a companion, and none of the soldiers could be spared.

However, as he was passing westward along the somewhat disused highway leading towards the Dragon Masters lands, he happened upon Colonel Elbadar and his soldiers, returning from a patrol.

Things had been rather confusing for the Dragon Masters over the last few weeks. Their leader, inept as he had been, had disappeared leaving nary a trace, their armour was still bright pink, and they were pretty much ignored by their more powerful allies who were busy with the process of settling in or moving out.

They were fortunate to have Elbadar as their commander. The colonel had been the one to procure the necessary paint-remover. He had found them lodgings in a village near the city, and he had kept them busy patrolling the countryside to locate and bury dead bodies, creating a whole graveyard in the process. It was civic work, perhaps not what the Dragon Masters enjoyed, but it kept them busy, and it certainly had an impact on the common Legolander's view of the Dragon Master people. During the war they had seen far more of Del Grakken's renegades than any other Dragon Masters, and Caimlin, Jarvick, and the loyal Dragon Masters had left soon after the battle.

Most importantly, Elbadar filled Targon's shoes as a visible leader of his company.

The company was returning from another clean-up tour of the countryside when they met Commander-General Quorandis riding west from Orion. Elbadar hailed the Cavalier, who halted to speak with him.

Elbadar, following the Sorceror-king's orders as best he knew how, still considered himself beholden to render aid to Bernard Quorandis. When Quorandis told him what had happened to Elwen, Elbadar was quick to offer his services, and those of his men.

Elbadar almost had to wonder if Targon's disappearance and Elwen's kidnapping were somehow related. It was common knowledge among his troops that their marshal had been infatuated with the foreign lady. Quorandis was quick to say that it had been all Jayko's fault, but Elbadar still wasn't convinced. Maybe Jayko had been trying to save Elwen from Targon's clutches?

It amounted to the same thing in the end: Colonel Elbadar and his Dragon Masters were going west with Bernard Quorandis.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

J-9

Location: Forestdwellers encampment on the way to their homeland.

They had been travelling for a few days now. Due to the slow moving carts wih the injured and deead they had been making slow progress. Right now they were getting just stopping for the night and Fraun was exausted from the long day's journey.

"Oh I wish Dordrot were here. He would lighten the mood with one of his wisecracks." Said Fraun.

"You can not change what had happened. Fraun. He made his choice, you made yours. There is nothing you can do about that." Voolmark said confortingly but sternly none the less.

"I know that Voolmark. It's just that..."

" 'That' what? Speak up boy. You can tell me"

"What if he dies. I wouldn't be there to see him..."

"I know it was hard leaving Fraun. But you must let go. Just like you did with Frayla."

"DON'T BRING HER UP!" Siad Fraun angrily. "I didn't let her go. She let me go. She is the one that abandened me. Not I her."

"I know. But you didn't go after her when you should have now did you?" Said Voolmark "No. You pouted and brewded until it was too late. You lost her Fraun. And it's no one's fault but yours."

"I know, I know. It's just that when I saw here agian for the first time a rush of different emotions rushed over me. Anger, love, confusion."

"So it's no Dordrot you're upset about. It's Frayla."

"No. I am concerned about Dordrot. But I know he can take care of himself."

"Then why don't you go speak to her? Why don't you confront her with your true feelings?"

"Because I don't even know what I fell for her. I just, dont know......"
Space rocks.
The Green Knight
Reeve

In no time he found himself once again at the outskirts of the neverwood. Looking up he noticed three or four dragons wheeling in the sky. Gib didn't know it, but they were scouts of the Dragon Master army. Jarvick and Caimlin were returning. Lord Void would soon be a lord again.
Grid:H-11

But Gib was wrong. The Dragon Masters, who were now skirting the edge of the neverwood, weren't planning on stopping by the ruins of the fire breathing fortress and were heading straight to the Dark Dragon's Den. At the head of the ranks, rode Caimlin and Jarvick. The former sergeant was silent as he pondered the future of the Dragon Masters and his place in it.

They had always been a warlike people. Continually showing up where least expected and leaving death in their wake. Caimlin felt that he aught to continue the legacy (and indeed his men surely expected him too) but how would he go about it? It was indeed easier to order his men in an attack then to command an entire army. But he could worry about that later. The new emperor had appointed him interim governor of the Dragon Masters, but the nation still needed a king and that could be a problem.

Dragon Master politics were power driven and deadly to say the least. Usurping wasn't unheard of and the possibility of someone pulling a 'Del Grakken' was very likely. Caimlin did take comfort, however, in the fact that he had half the army as well as governor Jarvick on his side. Still, the last thing the Dragon Masters needed now was a civil war.

"If only Lord Void were still alive." Caimlin thought. "I suppose he might have teleported before the blast. No. If he was alive he would have teleharmed me."

"You have much work ahead of you Caimlin." It was Jarvick speaking. "Your subjects will be divided with the death of Lord Void."

Caimlin nodded. "You speak the truth Jarvick and if you choose to stay for a while, I would greatly appreciate any help you may lend me."

"I wish I could stay, Caimlin, but my subjects need a ruler as well. It is my intent to return to the Silboralic and then to the isle. I do hope, however, that these happenings will help to strengthen the ties between our two provinces. Let me know if you need help at any time."

"I will." said Caimlin. "As a matter of fact... JARVICK!" Caimlin watched in surprise and confusion as Jarvick slipped off the side of his dragon and fell with a thud, to the ground. In a second, Caimlin was by his side, along with several others. Jarvick was out cold. He was still breathing and very much alive but they just couldn't revive him.

Panic was about to ensue when suddenly, Jarvick awoke. Caimlin was shocked, but before he could speak Jarvick jumped back on his dragon and gave a command.

"Quick, men. To the fire breathing fortress!" And he spurred his dragon into the air. Caimlin, still in shock leapt to his dragon and followed. He didn't know what this was about, but he wasn't going to stand by and watch.

Now it should be said that when Lord Void saw the two dragons flying towards him, he had no clue why they were coming. But then again, I'm guessing he was so happy to see help, that he really wasn't concerned as to why they were coming.

Ok, enough of that!
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

J-9

The Forestdwellers had just left their encampment for the night, heading back on the road home. Anardan and Elacil walk alongside a great creaking wain of weapons, their patrol walking behind them.

"At the rate we're going we won't be back for days;" Swore Anardan. "We need to give the wounded better care than they're getting, baking in these carts."

Elasil walks alongside him, listning. "At least we can look forward to having a home to return to, unlike some others. We can look forward to a bit of peace for a change."

"I know..." says Anardan. "We're all bone-weary inside. A bit of peace would be a welcome change."

"We should enjoy it while it lasts. There always seems to be someone to pick a bone with nowadays..."

The two keep walking, mulling over many things as their feet tread the dusty road endlessly, endlessly heading for home.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:"Quick, men. To the fire breathing fortress!" And he spurred his dragon into the air. Caimlin, still in shock leapt to his dragon and followed. He didn't know what this was about, but he wasn't going to stand by and watch.

G-7

Lord Void blinked and shifted uncomfortably on the rocking ground. Sand had gotten into his eyes and he sat up muttering angerly. He removed his monicle Gib had returned and scrubbed at his eyes, but only succeeded into driving the grit in deeper.

"Tyco!" Lord Void swore. He groped blindly for the flask of spring water Gib had provided and uncorked it. He poured some liquid on his face to wash out his eyes, the swigged the rest down in two gulps. The he wiped his face and flipped his monicle back into place, licking his chapped lips.

"I suppose Gib's gone off to his precious Neverwood." he muttered to himself, "Tyco hermit could have at least said goodbye.

Grumbling, Lord Void rose and stretched. It was best if he left to find Caimlin as soon as possible, for without an ally of some sort Lord Void was helpless. As he chewed the last bits of food left behind, Lord Void comtemplated whether or not to tell Caimlin of his...predicament. Caimlin, he decided, was so loyal to him that he would probally still follow orders no matter what Lord Void's magical condition. However...many of the lower Dragon Masters might rebel...every Dragon Master leader in history had large amounts of magic to wield. The lowly Dragon Masters respected not the leader, but the magic the leader posessed. Strip the leader of that magic, and he was not fit to lead. Lord Void shuddered. He could not let that happen. He had almost everything, he could not bear to loose the loyaly of the Dragon Masters. He would only tell Caimlin of his weakness, and kill anyone else who knew...save Gib.

A shout startled Lord Void out of his thoughts. He turned, and stumbled back a pace as two dragons suddenly rocketed out of the sky. Lord Void stood a little straight, and his face relaxed. He reconised one of the figures as Caimlin, and below an army of Dragon Mastered began to appear.

EDITED TO FIX ERRORS
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Commander Redbeard wrote:"We should enjoy it while it lasts. There always seems to be someone to pick a bone with nowadays..."

The two keep walking, mulling over many things as their feet tread the dusty road endlessly, endlessly heading for home.
Grid: J-9

Nearer the rear of the wagon train was Bjarn, griping sourly in a rickety wagon. He was in a very bad mood, due to the intence pain he had to endure, and no one could help him, not even Voolmark.

"Just get the megabloks away and leave me!" he snapped at anyone who approached.

Every had taken this command meekly save Shainya, who refused to be pushed away.

"Bjarn, stop this nonsence and drink your tea!" she stapped, attemping to thrust a cup into Bjarn's hands. Bjarn simply grabbed the cup and threw it over the side of the cart, where it smashed.

"Bjarn!" tears began welling in Shainya's eyes. That had been the fourth cup Bjarn had smashed, "Why do you do this, this is not you!"

Bjarn raised the lump of flesh and bandages that had been his hand furiously and shouted, "You're shifty-brick right this is not me! Bjarn is not some crippled fool who can't relieve himself without aid, Bjarn is not some clout who got defeated by a few tyco Cross Knights!"

"You have changed, Bjarn, but not all for the worse." the words were spoken softly, shakily. Shainya raised her eyes now bright with tears and said, "I know you are not the same man who hijacked a ship, battled pirates, Falcons, Rainbow Knights...you are not the same man who fought the Great Wild Fire and defended Drullen Bell agaisnt Aezezal. But you are the same man who saved me from perishing, the same man who aided Barbod and protected his friends from harm. You are aging, Bjarn, but your inner fire lives on if you choose it too."

Her words halted Bjarn's rage as if water had doused a fire.

"I just feel so useless." sighed Bjarn frankly.

"You are not useless, Bjarn. You are the Elk Man, an entire faction looks to you as their leader, and you have led them well. The Forestmen have endured war, fire, demons, necromancers, ill luck and Chodan knows what else. Yet they survive, all because of you."

Bjarn sighed, a tear slid down his cheek. "Thank you Shainya...thank you..."

The caravan continued on it's way.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Daimyo wrote:"Haha," laughed Radjar, nudging her back. "Or do you prefer to smell the acrid odor of the razed trees? And wallow in the mud of the riverbank?" he joshed.
The two laughed hysterically. Rosa had never had such a good time.
Grid: J-9

As their laughter died away they both sank into their own seperate thoughts. Rosa, still blushing from her recent giggling, rebuked herself.
Be carefull, Rosa, many a man uses merriment to get what they really want.

She inwardly countered, Don't be a fool, Radjar's not like those ogres in Denderham. Not all men are evil.

But many other men are. It was a man who started this entire war.

That's blowing things out of proportion, BloodVaine and his allies were less than human. Radjar isn't remotely like them. He is brave and loyal and kind, and understands my pain. He is different.

"Rosa? Did you hear me?"

Rosa pulled herself from her inward debate and turned toward Radjar. "Oh, sorry, I was thinking...."

"Well," Radjar smiled, "So was I. The caravan is will reach the Forestmen border soon. Where are you bound?"

"I...don't know" admitted Rosa, "After I escaped with Bjarn and the others to Fell Isle I just followed them around, and events drew me along until this tyco war ended. This had been the first time I've had the chance to choose my own path."

"You are always welcome at the Hemlock Stronghold." whispered Radjar quieted.

Rosa smiled. "I know...but I wonder if I should leave Bjarn now."

"He has the care of Reno, Shainya and Voolmark...I think he will do fine. However I know how you feel, I feel slightly guilty myself leaving him. But I do have my own kingdom to repair."

"Of course..."

They said nothing for a few minutes, then Rosa asked, "Will you settle down then, now that the war is over? You have never stayed in one place, even during and after the Fell War. You are the King of the Dark Forest, and kings don't usually wander about."

Radjar grimaced. "I hate sitting in stuffy rooms, entertaining guests and looking regal. But yes, you are right, I should stop this wandering. The Dark Foresters need me, especially now that half our kingdom has been razed."

Rosa nodded. "I fear all of the Forestdweller Factions will have to retreat to Fell Isle until the forests regrow, and that will take a generation." There was great sadness in her voice.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

J-9

On the road... Again.

Anardan stares out over the dust clout the tramping feet of the Forestmen kick up, staring ahead. "Is that the Forest border? I so long to sit by rock and tree and stream again... For too long we have wandered the dusty roads of other realms, ever wandering... The sight of our home gladdens my heart and releases it of a great unrest long residing there."

Elacil just nods.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

J-10

After seeing their friends leave, Dordrot and Barbod decided to go find some drink. They searched for a good half hour when they finnaly found some. Good old Bull brew of 1990. The Bulls on Bull Isle had somehow brought it with them on the shipe then to the great battle for Orion's Gates.

"Now this will light'n the mood don't ya think lad?" Said Barbod all worries forgotten for the moment.

"Oh yes indeed my friend, yes indeed!" Smiled Dordrot.

So they quickly broke out the rum and drank into the night. They even invited some of the other factions for a "Wonderfull time and partying."

------------------------------------------

J-8

Fraun was thinking hard, Where , how, why? There was a good question. WHY didn't he stay with Dordrot. WHY didn't he go after Frayla all those years. There was part of his past even he didn't fully grasp. Frayla, His mother and father,...

His thoughts were interupted by a feminine voice calling his name. It was Shainya.

"Fraun." She sad. She sounded a little worried.

"Yes." He said. He barely knew Shainya. They had only spoken once. A "Hi" and "Bye" was all they had said.

"Do you know were Voolmark is? One of Bjarn's wounds has re-opened. Nothing serious, but it's bleeding some, and with the state Bjarn is in I don't know if he can take much loss. I looked for Jack but he doesn't seem to be around."

"I don't know were either of them are. But maybe I can be of some assistance. I know a little of herbs and such."

"Oh. Please, yes, thank you."

Shainya led Fruan to were Bjarn was.

"I couldn't find Voolmark or Jack. But Fruan said he could help some." Shaiya sniled at Bjarn.

"Okay. Just stop this tyco bleeding." He said to Fraun.

"I already tried." Shainya said. "but it just wouldn't stop."

"I see." Fraun said. "What this wound needs is some flint seed from a nulbad flower. I'll be right back."

He got off the cart and went inot some nearby trees. He soon returned with a hanfull of yello-orangish flowers.

He pulled off all the pedals then took the core of the flower out. He then pressed it to Bjarn's wound.

"There. That should do it. It should be back to normal( Fo a wound that is.) in no time. If it start bleeding again just press one of these to the wound." He said. Handing the flowers to Shainya.

"Thankyou Fraun." Shaniya said.

"Yes, thank you boy. Voolark was right about you." Bjarn said.

"Why thank you sir. I was just doing what any Forestman would do for the Elk man."

"Thanks again." Shainya shouted after him.
Space rocks.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: Western edge of I-10

Elwen was still unconscious two days after Jayko had drugged her. The blue-armoured baron was beginning to worry that he had overdone the dosage.

He was also worried about pursuit, but so far they had made good time, and there was no sign yet that anyone was following.

The road had reached an end in a small village that night, and in the distance beyond, one could catch sight of the Neverwood. It was a dark, perilous, and pretty much uninhabited forest, but it was the only way Jayko knew to their destination. Not that he had made up his mind entirely on whether he wanted to go there or not.

Still, things were going pretty good. He had saved Elwen, folied Quorandis, and made good his escape. The luck was with him now, and if it held for just another week, he'd be out of the Neverwood, and on his way to freedom.

Then Elwen woke up. She took a look around, figured out what was happening, and glared at Jayko. She was NOT pleased.
The Green Knight
Reeve

Grid H-10

Gib was back.

Back in the castle ruins in the heart of the neverwood. The forest had undergone a strange and drastic while he had been at the fire breathing fortress.

The trees that looked so dead and dreary before now seemed dark and grim. Almost as if all the good wood and sunlight they posessed had gone rotten. There were other signs of change as well. Gib had crossred tacks of both Spiderlings and Iondels on his inward journey. Gib knew about both of them all too well.

The Spiderlings were age old inhabitance of the neverwood. Large fearsome spiders they were, who wove their nets in the darkest parts of the neverwood. Gib had come into conflict with some of them when he and Gart had first arrived in the neverwood. They were fearsome foes, but with the help of Grizzle and Jackal, they were at last driven back into their lairs.

As for the Iondels. They were a type of fesh eating, ape like creature that had left the neverwood long ago. Their return could only bode ill for the future of the neverwood.

"Why now?" Gib murmured to himself. "Why now?" To the hermit's surprise, he heard a response.

"Griffin?" Gib stared in shock. He could actually unbderstand the hawk! Gib was overjoyed at the discovery, but worried when Griffin told him his news.

"So that's why the forest has back lashed." Gib said after hearing the hawks news. "With all of those allied forces manuvering through the trees, no wonder it's acting up."

Griffin hopped onto an overhanging branch and let out a hawkish cry.

"That's right! What happened to Grizzle?"

Ok, enough of that!