not sure
6%

Total votes: 70

James
Peasant

2005 Minifig sets

Post by James »

http://www.brickish.org/members/files/H ... kk2005.jpg

there we go, Looks like the small triangle shields are back. There aren't any horses with wheels. The new fortress looks better than recent castles (once you take the big swords off it :) )

feelings ?? thoughts ??
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

It looks to me like a pretty good improvement on the current offerings, while remaining consistent with the storyline as started.

By the way, does this qualify as a leak? Or can we say that this is okay? I'm just a little confused... :?
James
Peasant

Post by James »

This was scanned from the booklet of a set on sale so no its not a leak.
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Wooooohoooooooooo BABY! Are these sets better or what? They have MORE shoadow Knights, triangular shields( big plus), and horses without wheels! Wow, these set have improved majorly. And that fortress is awesome. Yes, a bit too much pre-molded pieces but look at all the figs included in each set! The 2005 sets are waaaaaaay better than the 2004 set for sure :D :!: :!:
Space rocks.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re: 2005 Minifig sets

Post by JoshWedin »

Way better! I was not expecting to actually want to buy these, but they are decent! Look at all the shadow knights! The fortress is not built on a raised baseplate! What is going on?! Why is there a horse mounted catapult!?

Josh

Edit: I have been pouring over the pic again. Anyone see the new rock pieces at the ends of the big fortress? Looks like the pieces from 4748 but in brown instead of trans blue. Also Vladek has an ovoid shield and there is a new rectangular shield with blue stripes. And a brick built scorpion. I also counted at least ten shadow knights.
Last edited by JoshWedin on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Re: 2005 Minifig sets

Post by forester3291 »

JoshWedin wrote:Way better! I was not expecting to actually want to buy these, but they are decent! Look at all the shadow knights! The fortress is not built on a raised baseplate! What is going on?! Why is there a horse mounted catapult!?

Josh
Hehe. When I saw the catapult I also was confused! But hey, as you said more shadow knots, no raised basplate. -----Life is good!
Space rocks.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

8875 is not as good as the one in Vladek's attack kit, but other than that the rest of the sets look pretty useful.

8874 looks good for multiples if you like Rascus and Shadow Knights. The large fortress is neat. 8873, well what to do with all those wheels... I like the brown BURPs and LURPs, cause I've gotten over the colour issue. Seeing as how they are making all those black wall panels they might as well give us 6085 or 6086 for a Legend :D

Thank for bringing this to our attention James.
Troy T. Moore
xiblal
Peasant

Post by xiblal »

I am soo happy to see that the sets are getting better. I also didn't really like the 2004 sheilds and am happy to see that they are going back to the triangle shields :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=xiblal]My Brickshelf![/url]
Is anyone else from Maine????
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Is it possible there's a castle that's not built on top of a raised baseplate? A two-storey-tall wall? Variance in the colour scheme of the rainbow knights? Horses that carry portable catapults?

OK, the sets are better.

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

That's the stuff!

I can absolutely see myself buying most of these. That castle looks very good, and the old castle wallpieces are back! And look, is that a skeleton in 8876? :D

Yes, I like this, it's pretty clear they've looked them sleves over the shoulder and taken impression from days past.

But...why the saw blades?

YEAY WE ARE BACK ON TRACK!!!

JOEL (happy)
I'm back, and so is Castle!
spotfrog
Freeman

Post by spotfrog »

OooO! Flying orange sawblades of DEATH!

Man! These are awesome. Regular castle walls, better piece variety, more weapons,...

I just hope the castle is hinged. And what's with that sparkly rock?

Edit: It appears we also get a silver Vladek helmet. (Top of the castle)
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
Drucifer
Apprentice

Post by Drucifer »

Don't forget those brown BURPS. :) Whoops, I didn't notice Troy had mentioned them earlier.

Actually those sets look really great. Does anybody know if that's all of the KK2 minifig sets for next year? It seems rather heavy on the Shadow Knights (not that I'm complaining). Summer is a long time to wait, so if anyone from LEGO is reading, I'd be happy to test these sets out for you.
Last edited by Drucifer on Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Are the 2005 KK2 sets better than KK1
When I saw this it was all like yes yes yes... They are very very much better: "horse able" catapults, a dark fortress?

BETTER!!!
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I really love those! I will buy all of them for sure, and the new shields are awesome!But, where are the rogue knights and btw, did you notice that the Scorpion guys that are in the castle have armors on?
The Tennis Ball Kid
Laborer

Post by The Tennis Ball Kid »

Returning to the old shields is a marked improvment.

Lots and lots of Shadow Knights! :mrgreen:

The castle appears to have more pre-fab than I would like, but I still like it.

Some of it is still not not quite right(Catapult-on-a-horse?:roll: And kinda lame siege tower), but on the whole optimism is flowing through my veins for first time in about a year. It feels good!
:mrgreen: