What sort of Castle theme would you like to see?

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!

What Castle theme would you like to see?

Hundred Years War
43%
Hurry up and tell me your ideas so I can put in something else!
57%

Total votes: 58

The Brick Lord
Villein

What sort of Castle theme would you like to see?

Post by The Brick Lord »

Hi guys, what sort of theme would you like to see for Castle, besides bringing back old ones? For instance: Vikings, France, Hundred Years War, or anything! Post your ideas(and make sure, if someone else has an idea you like, to reply and agree with them!) here and I will put in the popular ones as poll options. I will start with my idea, Hundred Years War.
The Brick Lord
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

Hundred Years war!!! :D I would love to have english longbowmen. Also, maybe they could do stuff like sets of famous battles(Crecy,Hastings, Agincourt and Poitiers). That would be cool :P
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

My dream would be to see the Crusades, but LEGO would never do that (can't blame them, though). One thing we have to remember is that LEGO will never release a theme based on specific, actual events. Sure they'll make things like the Ninja line, but there will never be a Hideyoshi's Wooden Castle set or the battle of Nagoshima. I wouldn't mind a Dark Ages theme with Saxons, Franks, Lombards, etc. The kingdoms wouldn't need to be named, but the building style and appearance of the minifigs could be accurate without jeopardizing LEGO's civilization-neutral policy.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I think a Romanish theme would be really cool.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Byzantine Empire! You'll get Vikings knocking on the Black Sea; Seljuk Turks, Saracens, Persians in the Mid-East, rival European powers like Venice and etc.

The Byzantines are the last remnants of the Roman Empire, plus they're in the middle ages.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Crusades: Crusaders, Saracens, and Byzantines all wrapped up into one super-theme that would include Crusader Castles, Constantinople, and the various Saracen factions and their buildings. One could break it down into yearly sub-themes: Crusaders, Saracens, then Byzantines. Fleets would have to be addressed, too. This theme could last a decade if LEGO approached it with a more dedicated Playmobil mentality. The obvious drawback is the religion vs. religion theme that LEGO would probably want to dodge (which is why breaking it down into seperate Crusader, Saracen, and Byzantine themes might be more palatable).

Merry Olde England: Robin Hood, Nottingham, Shirewood. More emphasis on village life. Earlier simplier castles. I could have made a specific "Medieval Village" theme suggestion, but this would essentially cover it in a more marketable format.

War of the Roses: Full plate in all it's last styles, cannons, handgonnes, full courtly pagentry, rich merchants, and the last gasp of castles before they lost their tall walls and fortifications changed forever.

Dark Ages: Charlemagne and his Paladins, Saxons, Arthur & Post-Romano Britons, Vikings...oh hey, this one is almost under way....

Gothic: Teutonic Knights (had to work them in), Black Forest, and things general with a more Germanic bent. Toss in Austrians and Swiss and get the middle europe alpine construction look.

In regards to previous comments: The building style for the Hundred Years War would be burnt timber (it was more about destruction than construction :D). I won't suggest Romans or Greeks, because they are essentially from pre-Castles era.

Bricklord: You should accumulate these suggestions and THEN post the poll once you have a good cross-section.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Well for Byzantine Empire, The Ottomans are really important also :) I mean they crushed the Byzantine Empire.(Notice I'm not saying we crushed them, they crushed them :P)
The Brick Lord
Villein

Thanks

Post by The Brick Lord »

Thanks for the suggestion TwoTonicKnight, I will wait a few days to get ideas and then post this poll. I'm sort of new, so I'm still learning stuff. :)
The Brick Lord
The Brick Lord
Villein

Post by The Brick Lord »

Alright guys, I'm finally posting the poll.
The Brick Lord
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I think Hundred years war would be good....

second choice would be merry old england... that would indeed be cool. :D
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
VikingLord
Villein

Post by VikingLord »

I'd like The Dark Ages, plus we already have Vikings so other factions would be cool. Fright Knights 2 would be cool. Or a new forestmen theme. So many options.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Hmmm...., maybe Medieval Portugal :P or the Renascentism.
I don't really think LEGO should produce violent themes like wars. I know there are siege scenes and so but when a fig is hurt, it only shoes a headache.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
The Hag
Freeman

Post by The Hag »

I would LOVE a Dungeons and Dragons License for Lego.
That would imho spawn forth and an endless stream of possible creatures/locations/weapons and of course make a very nice collectible series that might run as long as Starwars.
Stone Goblin
Bailiff

Post by Stone Goblin »

Trojan War
Greeks in red and Trojans in either blue or white(Classic Lego color war, red vs. blue).
Sets: Trojan Horse, Greek Ship, Greek Camp, Trojan Wall, Trojan Temple and maybe a mini Trojan Horse and Greek Fleet sets.

Make a new spartan type of helmet with a removable plume mowhawk.
Last edited by Stone Goblin on Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MOCpages:[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/2746[/url]

Our store(Peppermint Pig and I)
LibertyBRICK:[url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Stone_Goblin[/url]
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

The Hag wrote:I would LOVE a Dungeons and Dragons License for Lego.
That would imho spawn forth and an endless stream of possible creatures/locations/weapons and of course make a very nice collectible series that might run as long as Starwars.
A line in the style of D&D would truly be wonderful if done right but I wouldn´t like them to get the license. All monsters, creatures etc would be awesome but I don´t think they would need a license. I mean, forestmen are obviously based on Robin Hood so this could just be line where "the brave humans, elves and dwarves fight against the foul lord X and his horde of monsters."
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis