Dino 2010 (Euro Dino Attack) Pictures

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Dino 2010 (Euro Dino Attack) Pictures

Post by Bloody Jay »

Pics of the Euro Dino Attack (or should I say 'Dino 2010'?) are now up at Eurobricks:

Click here.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Interesting...

Well, I find it odd TLC is still doing county-exclusive sets. I'd not offended really about Americans=Guns, Europeans=Peace (or whatever) concept, but I still think TLC should drop all this exclusiveness and just release everything world wide (and available in retail *COUGH*Vikings*COUGH*).

Dino Attack/Dino 2010: 2001: A Space Odyssey meets Jurassic Park! :lol: :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!

This is very intresting. Giving the people of Europe gunless Dino attack sets.

:?: Has TLC ever done this? Made 2 different set designs for specific countries?

Very strange...
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Graynar wrote: :?: Has TLC ever done this? Made 2 different set designs for specific countries?.
I think the "Time Twister" theme was filled with guns in the US, and it was called "Kill Timmy". Here in europe it was just known as Time Twisters... :lol:

No seriously, the only set I know is the Crusader Cart which this has been done to, though the changes has been smaller. Some sets has however only been released is certain countries (such as Dark Forestmen or Vikings).
Last edited by The Hordesman on Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Graynar wrote: :?: Has TLC ever done this? Made 2 different set designs for specific countries?
Not to my knowledge. However, a much less radical difference in US versions and EU/world versions of sets was made even in the KK2 line. The US sets containe(d) game cards[1] that were not included at all in the respective EU sets. I think even the Giant Figures from the KK2 series came with different set numbers in the US and the EU.

[1] Correct me if I'm wrong. But living outside the US (across the pond) means I've never seen those cards in person, let alone know anything specifically about them.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
cnelson
Laborer

Post by cnelson »

Graynar wrote: :?: Has TLC ever done this? Made 2 different set designs for specific countries?
The cannons that came with lots of pirate sets were different between US and non-US versions. The US versions were of the Canon, Disabled or Canon, Non-Shooting variety and the ones for non-US were of the Shooting variety.

To sum up, TLC is concerned with its image in Europe (no guns in sets) and lawyers in the U.S. of A. ('cause some dumb kid's gonna put his eye out with the shooting version). :?

Carl
"You read the manual, man, and you won't play around with it, not the same way. And you get all funny when somebody else uses it to do something you never thought of..."

William Gibson
The Winter Market
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

cnelson wrote:
The cannons that came with lots of pirate sets were different between US and non-US versions. The US versions were of the Canon, Disabled or Canon, Non-Shooting variety and the ones for non-US were of the Shooting variety.

To sum up, TLC is concerned with its image in Europe (no guns in sets) and lawyers in the U.S. of A. ('cause some dumb kid's gonna put his eye out with the shooting version). :?

Carl
I think TLC actually made the shooting ones, then stopped. But I could be mistaken.

Producing to versions of the set seems expensive. I thought they were trying to cut corners?
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Why on earth does Lego bother changing decent sets and messing up their own storylines just because they're scared of a few moaning lawyers? :roll:

It's silly, and expensive, and that's why, I like Chinese... :lol:
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

lil Jon wrote:I think TLC actually made the shooting ones, then stopped. But I could be mistaken.
The non-shooting cannon never existed in Europe, hence my non-existant collection of them. Here they used the eye-poking version into the end of the cannon.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I had about 50% of cannons that worked and that didn't. So I'm going with the theory LEGO stopped producing them in US, probably for the reason mentioned above. Some little brat poked his eye out hehe.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

The US had shooting in the 4 large sets in 1989. Sets produced in 1990 had the black handle modified, non shooting cannon. Everything after that in the US definitely had the single piece non shooting cannon.

The quick reaction to make black handled ones with a white tube in place of the springs was due to the fact that pieces were still made in Enfield CT at the time (which I think they still should be today to give faster reaction time to changing markets).

Ben
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Hi guys!

My friend had several old Pirate Lego sets. On the boxes they showed the shooting cannons. When he opened the set, he discovered them to be non shooting cannons with the sword design. :shock:

I have cannons that look like the shooting ones but do not fire. Same build but only the handle of the cannon is black.

Does all this have to do with non violence or something. TLC creating cannons that fire only to be stopped by violence laws.
Sets produced in 1990 had the black handle modified, non shooting cannon.
Wait! I remember playing with a shooting cannon from one of the red Ninja sets! Was there not supposed to be shooting cannons in any sets after 1990 like Architect said?

It may have been a shipping error, but I'm not sure.

I hope we won't be seeing blunt shooters that don't shoot. [/quote]
Heeck
Serf

Post by Heeck »

Yes, architect is correct. When introducing Pirates to the world in 1989, TLC probably developed the shooting cannon for all countries, while so blissfully unaware of how stupid we Americans can be sometimes. Some kid pokes his eye out or the soccer moms complain of her son's toy with a projectile. I got the American boxed version of 6276 brand new and sure enough, it had shooting cannons. I next got 6245 with the black handle cannon. This shows that the shooters were indeed discontinued in 1990. What makes me mad is that they discontinued these weak little shooting cannons, yet they have that new shooting "cannon" available in KK1-KK2 and 4Juniors that can poke a child's eye out with relative ease. Put that up to your eye and see what happens.