In Freedom's cause, story planning

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

In Freedom's cause, story planning

Post by Hothir Ethelnor »

Hey all you Henty fans I had this great Idea while browsing the latest topic on Henty books over in the Medieval life forum. I thought it would be real cool if we could do a sort of book building group that illustrates one of our favorite medieval Henty books I thought we could go ahead and start with In Freedoms Cause and build little mini scenes that illustrate the story, The one requirement obviously would be that you read or have already read In Freedoms Cause. We would go through the book giving small quotes (like my sig) and a picture to illustrate the story, in chronological order. To keep the pictures somewhat the same we would have to decide which factions would belong to the various nationalities such as Crusaders and Royal Knights=English, Black Falcons=Scottish noblemen's armies, and an assortment of Forest Bulls Wolfpack and any other small themes as William Wallace's bands, We would also have to have a certain face for the main characters, My suggestion would be to have everyone use the face the first person used for that character or something very close to keep the characters rather easy to keep track of. If you have any other suggestions just post them here.

P.S. We will not be able to start doing this project until the 11th because I will be leaving for Peru and I really don't want you all to start something like this without me.
Last edited by Hothir Ethelnor on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The lad parried it, and leaping back, struck at the horse's leg. The animal fell instantly, and as he did so Archie struck full on the helm of Sir John Kerr" Excerpt from, In Freedoms Cause by G.A Henty
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I say we use the Viking head from the Fenris Wolf set as William Wallace's. What do you say?
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

I don't have that one could you show me a pic I might be able to paint one of my smiley faces to be similar.
:D
"The lad parried it, and leaping back, struck at the horse's leg. The animal fell instantly, and as he did so Archie struck full on the helm of Sir John Kerr" Excerpt from, In Freedoms Cause by G.A Henty
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Here is a pic of the Fenris Wolf set Viking head:

~smcginnis
Last edited by smcginnis on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

How about we decide now which heads to use and make sure everyone has them. What about for Archie Forbes? I thought Santis's head would work for Sir John Kerr. Bruce? Does anyone have any ideas for Bruce? Any ideas for other characters?

P.S. I am actually a far off relative of Wallace. Just thought I'd say that...
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

How 'bout the Harry Cane face that came in the Johnny Thunder SETS. Or maybe a Qui-Gon head.

What does Henty have to do with Wallace? I've never ead the books. I just stumbled across this forum today.

About Wallace stuff

dark forest leather good for Scots mavbe Jar-Jar bides for some of the lesser Scots
brown scale mail and plate good for Englishmen

Guess what my fav figs to build. :wink:
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Do you mean for Archie or Bruce? Sorry for my vagueness in the previous post.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Bruce. Is Henty about Scot independance or what?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

Lord Nev wrote:Bruce. Is Henty about Scot independance or what?
No he is actually English but the book I suggested doing as a lego story is about the Scottish war for Independance. and for all of you out there I don't have many heads so it would just be best to let me figure out how to get my figures looking right and I really like all the heads you have suggested so far, I have a friend that has like every KK2 set so he has way to many of the Jellybean Knights heads so I might be able to borrow some for this project from him in exchange for some of my heads. :D keep the ideas coming! and.. for those of you who have not read the book try your library and you might just find it, In Freedoms Cause is one of his most popular books.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I did a paper on Scot independance. I've always wanted to do a lego series on Scots and whatnot. Hmmmm...Henty *searching*
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

Ok I'm back and I have started my first moc, I will start a new topic for the actual story tomorrow, please start making moc's of Glen Cairn and other places in the first chapter.
during this project try and keep the moc's in chronological order, of the book so don't jump ahead very far, for those who want to make a castle or some other large scene from the book please try and let us know so we don't zip by that part of the story, real quick.
And for the admin's, is there any way that you can move the actual posts in a topic from one place to another? because that might facilitate making large moc's that are set at the start of the story that no one would have time to do. before that part of the story is skipped. And when I start the story could you sticky the topic?
Anyhow as of right now my Archie uses the tan hair piece, and the regular smiley with eyebrows, I thought that for when he gets older we could use the smiley with a mustache and eyebrows with the same hair, and for parts of the story when he would not be able to shave we could use the red hair and beard head that comes on almost all the old pirates and on the dragon masters infantry.
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

One last update,
I created a brickshelf account just for this project! please use it so that we have the whole story in one account, when you upload pictures please create a new folder everytime you enter a scene.
The Brickshelf account is called, Henty-story You can use the quote that you will include in the story here as the description for your folder, also please add Henty in the additional keywords part of the folder entry form.
Thanks. :lol: :D :D :)
Last edited by Hothir Ethelnor on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Hothir, I suggest that you remove the password from your post, and PM it to anyone who asks. With the password here, besides members, guests and spammers can access the account. I don't think that would be good, but it may be too late. Perhaps you can ask Brickshelf for a new password.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Here is my quote. It is the frontspiece. "Archie defies Sir John Kerr."
Hothir Ethelnor
Freeman

smcginnis wrote:Hothir, I suggest that you remove the password from your post, and PM it to anyone who asks. With the password here, besides members, guests and spammers can access the account. I don't think that would be good, but it may be too late. Perhaps you can ask Brickshelf for a new password.

~smcginnis
Good idea I will try to change my password and I will pm it to you and HenrytheV, others you will have to ask.