Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

TW Cruiser

Discussion of general LEGO topics

TW Cruiser

Postby architect » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:05 am

Recently I have been feeling a bit inspired to build... space. So I present my TW Cruiser. My challenge was to build a small ship out only the pieces from 7477 Dino Attack T-1 Typhoon. This is what I came up with:

The gallery:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=191857

Feedback and a little smack are welcome :wink: I probably will not be building much space stuff but I wanted to give it a shot.

Ben
Last edited by architect on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann

Postby eNiGMa » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:10 pm

This is really good, considering the parts you had to use. I like the way it spreads out as it gets closer to the back of the ship, and the Dino Attack color scheme works great for it, too.
Nathan Cunningham
Blog | Facebook | MOCs
eNiGMa
Justiciar

Postby porschecm2 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:40 pm

Ben, I like this. :) It's really kool, especially considering how limited on pieces you were. I like the unusual shape. Nice venture into space. :wink:

Cm2
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
porschecm2
Councilor

Postby Lord_Of_The_LEGO » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:56 pm

I'm doing brickfilms.

Tony's doing trains.

Lenny and Kevin's always been into space.

Now Ben's doing space!

What's next? Bruce and technic?? Troy and *gasp* bionicle??? :shock:

Anyway, cool ship. Blogged!
In the process of converting to Flickr.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells
Earl of Wells

Postby architect » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:18 pm

eNiGMa wrote:I like the way it spreads out as it gets closer to the back of the ship, and the Dino Attack color scheme works great for it, too.

The color scheme did work out well. I was playing around with slopes and the shape just came together.

porschecm2 wrote:Ben, I like this. It's really kool, especially considering how limited on pieces you were. I like the unusual shape. Nice venture into space.

Thanks! The dino set does have a good piece selection for space and snot. I probably only used 100 of the 605 pieces. The overall shape and small size are my favorite parts. The 1x4 technic bricks in blue bother me a bit, but I was limited and they aren't too visible.

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Now Ben's doing space!
What's next? Bruce and technic?? Troy and *gasp* bionicle???

Thank you for putting me on the blog
:D

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann

Postby ragnarok » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:17 pm

I like the smooth feeling that this vessel has and yet built with so few pieces. Another good point are the additional thrusters and the red pieces on the sides look to me like jet engines which make the ship fit for atmosphere flight. Last but not least the little background and picture editting on behalf of you really adds a certain flavor.

P.S. Not Bionicle...*snif, snif*... please!...*snif, snif*... have mercy!
ragnarok
Bailiff

Postby Remyth » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Nice cruiser! I like the smallness... or whatever that word is :lol: . I can't beleive that you could make that out of only one set. It is better than most of my space ships :oops: . Anywhosle, great MOC, for only being made of one set and everything(did you have any extra peices?)
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

Flickr
Remyth
Trade King

Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Postby architect » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:21 pm

ragnarok wrote:Another good point are the additional thrusters and the red pieces on the sides look to me like jet engines which make the ship fit for atmosphere flight. Last but not least the little background and picture editting on behalf of you really adds a certain flavor.

I was thinking of the thrusters for that. As a kid I frequently used the 1x2x3 inverted slopes for air intakes on ships and planes. It is a great brick for that. Photoediting sort of makes up for the poor photo quality. I need a better camera.

Remyth wrote:I can't beleive that you could make that out of only one set. It is better than most of my space ships. Anywhosle, great MOC, for only being made of one set and everything(did you have any extra peices?)

I have always enjoyed making subsets on the back of boxes and from scratch. It is very challenging because of piece limitation. But challenges often produce good mocs because you have to think out of the box. I think there were 500 pieces left over. Someday I may make instructions so everyone can make it. I think some of the elements aren't in ldraw yet.

Ben
architect
Baron von Ellermann
Baron von Ellermann

Postby smcginnis » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:50 pm

Great little ship, architect. I like the shape of it a lot. Hmm, all it needs now are a coupla guns, some mass-producing, and you've got a great on-board fighter for protecting your SHIP*.

~smcginnis

*For those of you that know nothing about LEGO space, that's Seriously Huge Investment in Parts.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

Free Rice
smcginnis
Justiciar

Return to General LEGO