German Red Ghosts

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

The Blue Knight wrote: Maybe Jojo could trade his red ghost for a 375 MISB? ;^)
Sorry 'cause I dropin'in, but I saw Jojo's red ghost, and I wonder where it came from?
Was it available in some set :shock: ???

greetings from Serbia
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:
The Blue Knight wrote: Maybe Jojo could trade his red ghost for a 375 MISB? ;^)
Sorry 'cause I dropin'in, but I saw Jojo's red ghost, and I wonder where it came from?
Was it available in some set :shock: ???

greetings from Serbia
I think he got it from a flea market with other bulk lego. I think the theory is it was a 'test' for the ghost mould or someone in the factory cast thier own red ghost
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I split these two posts off to start a new thread. Do not apologize for going off topic. Start a new thread instead. People will respond.

Red was the old color used in molds to see if the mold had any cracks or damage. Some of this testing and mold production was done in Germany. By chance the peices made their way to a flea market where a few fans bought them.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

I apologized because I asked it in thread which wasn't about it at all. I guess it's OK...

For the red ghost, I supposed it's somehow like that...
But, by the fact it's so rare, nothing else special about this piece.
But I wish to put my hands on one :wink:

Greetings from Serbia
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

dJOLe_sk8 wrote:But I wish to put my hands on one :wink:
Join the club :D

I'm not sure why, but a lot of LEGO collectors (myself included) drool over this kind of LEGO peice - for me, it's half because it's a piece of LEGO history, and half because it's a red ghost... which could lead to all kinds of cool happenings in any LEGO Castle story.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

A red ghost?

Well, I missed this, but it sounds interesting. It looks like JoJo might have a spendy LEGO piece to barter with, or just keep to have a super rare item....
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
jamtf
Freeman

Post by jamtf »

I recently have been offered ghost shrouds in red, black and trans-clear. Sorry, but I can not and will not disclose the source in this forum since it was a special offer for a selected number of people. I turned them down at $250 for the 3.

Would you consider buying those parts at this price? They are rare of course and probably never offered again but I thought this was a lot of money for just 3 small parts that are selling for about $0.25 as a glow in the dark thing.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

WOW... red, black and trans-clear :shock:
Well, awsome items but 250$ is just too much unless you're very VERY rich...
It'll be nice for us to take at least one look at those for free :wink:
As I can see from pictures, our new ghost (from 10176) is some kind of trans-clear or somethin'...

Greetings from Serbia
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

jamtf wrote:I recently have been offered ghost shrouds in red, black and trans-clear. Sorry, but I can not and will not disclose the source in this forum since it was a special offer for a selected number of people. I turned them down at $250 for the 3.

Would you consider buying those parts at this price? They are rare of course and probably never offered again but I thought this was a lot of money for just 3 small parts that are selling for about $0.25 as a glow in the dark thing.
Do you have pictures of them?

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
jamtf
Freeman

Post by jamtf »

kelderic wrote:
jamtf wrote:I recently have been offered ghost shrouds in red, black and trans-clear. Sorry, but I can not and will not disclose the source in this forum since it was a special offer for a selected number of people. I turned them down at $250 for the 3.

Do you have pictures of them?

Kelderic
Yes, I do have pictures of them except I do not have the freedom nor the permission to share these. As I said, these were limited access items so I am not in the position to make these public.

Actually, the red one can be found on BrickLink. It's Jojo's.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

jamtf wrote:Actually, the red one can be found on BrickLink. It's Jojo's.
And here's the link for lazy ones: :wink:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=2888

Greetings from Serbia
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I'd personally say $250 is way too much... even if they are originals. If they are just custom made, and not originals from "way back when", then that is surely too much.

Although they are a great collector's item, I personally would want to go crazy on bricklink or buy a massive horde of some cool customs than just get 3 pieces of plastic... maybe I am not die-hard (and/or wealthy) enough though. :P

With all of this said, I do believe there are some who would pay this price.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
jamtf
Freeman

Post by jamtf »

ottoatm wrote:I'd personally say $250 is way too much... even if they are originals. If they are just custom made, and not originals from "way back when", then that is surely too much.

Although they are a great collector's item, I personally would want to go crazy on bricklink or buy a massive horde of some cool customs than just get 3 pieces of plastic... maybe I am not die-hard (and/or wealthy) enough though. :P

With all of this said, I do believe there are some who would pay this price.
Correct, the source told me he had sold a couple of the red and black ones when I wrote to him about these parts. Others did not proceed and kept thinking about what to do with them, like me. I finally decided not to buy since $250 could be spent in many different ways which are better in my opinion. Perhaps this decision is wrong and the parts might be quite valuable in a few years, but this is my choice of today and for that amount of cash, I'd rather get some wished for sets.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Yeah, with 250 bucks, I could buy the big star destroyer. Which is way better than a red ghost, however old and rare it is.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
dJOLe_sk8
Artisan

Post by dJOLe_sk8 »

jamtf wrote:Perhaps this decision is wrong and the parts might be quite valuable in a few years
Well, if nothing else, you should seriosly think about this point...
I would... :wink:

Greetings from Serbia