Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

He's making a list, checking it twice...

Discussion of general LEGO topics

He's making a list, checking it twice...

Postby Athos » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:02 am

Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Postby DARKspawn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:08 am

Gallery not yet public - But I really like your elf, especially the scroll tile - where did that come from originally?
DARKspawn
Lord

Postby Athos » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:21 am

especially the scroll tile - where did that come from originally?

That's from the Durmstrang Ship.

Steve
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Postby DARKspawn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:30 am

Thanks, Steve! Next stop, Bricklink!
DARKspawn
Lord

Postby Remyth » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:56 am

Nice. Lovely little elf, good santa, and nice background and 'props'. Not much else you could want.

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

Flickr
Remyth
Trade King

Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Postby kelderic » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:05 am

The problem with being Santa, is that you can't make Legos, which by looking at your list, you know all the kids want. On topic, that is a nice MOC. I like the elf, although I'm not much for the way you did Santa's hat.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Postby Athos » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:29 am

I'm not much for the way you did Santa's hat.

That's the official lego Santa hat, though... :D

Steve
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Postby Recluce » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:34 pm

I do like Santa's head. Perfect, with his little eyes and glasses. Better than the standard smiley, this really DOES make it an identifiable santa.
Recluce
Landlord

Postby SavaTheAggie » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:57 pm

Mission 12-24 shall be designated a night launch originating at zero degrees latitude. The Simple Launch Egress/Ingress Orbiter Vehicle, or SLEI-1, is designated for use on this mission.

SLEI-1 is powered by eight secondary and one primary RNDRs. The RNDRs are fueled by organic accelerated tinder. The Mission Commander shall assume the roll of Systems Command, Launch And Unilateral Support or SCLAUS.

At launch minus 58 minutes feed valves RNDR-1A through RNDR-9A are opened by the External Launch Vehicle Support personel.

At launch minus 43 minutes, ELVS personel, under the direction of the mission SCLAUS, insure that all manifested cargo is loaded aboard and secured in the cargo bay.

At launch minus 14 minutes all feed valves are closed, and the 8 secondary RNDRs are manuevered into predesignated locations forward of SLEI-1 parallel to the X-axis. The installation of the secondary RNDR is followed immediately by the installation of the primary RNDR in the extreme forward X-axis position.

At launch minus 11 seconds, the SCLAUS commands the illumination of the red RNDR-1 launch light. The commander then manually pulls the RNDR Activation Initilization Geonorms, or RAIGNs, which initiates liftoff.

At launch, SLEI-1 is targeted to the apex of the launch window porch, and at launch plus 15 seconds, retargeted to the azmuth of the glide slope wall.

At launch plus 37 seconds the digital autopilot is engaged, and the vehicle is upmoded to the Dash Away All mode. At this point, the SCLAUS verifies that all mission launch parameters have been successfully executed.

If lights are green and go for the mission, the general command is then issued by the mission commander: "Merry Christmas to all, and to all an uneventful rest period."

--Tony

P.S. I know it has nothing to do with LEGO or Castle, but I thought it was so neat I had to find an excuse to post it (no, I didn't write it). By the way, great MOC! Santa is really well done, but the Elf is perfect.

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Postby wunztwice » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:03 pm

kelderic wrote:The problem with being Santa, is that you can't make Legos, which by looking at your list, you know all the kids want. On topic, that is a nice MOC. I like the elf, although I'm not much for the way you did Santa's hat.

Kelderic

Hehe, when I was a kid I think that was what solidified my dis-belief in Santa, the fact that I kept getting Legos that he couldn't make...

This is a great little Vig, I love the figs and I find it funny that the elf is checking the list while Kringle is working on the toys.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? My Bricklink

My Flickr!
My Brickshelf!(not updated...)
<><
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Postby DARKspawn » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:36 am

Who says Santa can't make LEGO, he's given me LEGO for Christmas for the last 30 + yrs! I am sure he has a special factory & a legal agreement with LEGO.

Actually maybe there is a realtionship between Kjeld Kristiansen & Kris Kringel !

Or not ...
DARKspawn
Lord

Postby Athos » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:21 pm

Gah! My thread got spammed! :shock:

Steve
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Postby g2 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:05 am

That is great. I too love that elf. I think that I will be creating something similar for my castle towns-folk.

And of course there is always a bike for Christmas, for someone. - Job well done.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Return to General LEGO