New Castle theme - new roleplay?

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

New Castle theme - new roleplay?

Post by Sir Kohran »

Now that we have a new Castle theme for 2007, would more people be interested in a new roleplay? I for one would love to do the CCRP again.

- Matt
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Like a RP focusing only on that theme? I might be interested...

Maedhros, who never really liked having too much space to play with in RPs
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Maybe. I was just wondering whether the new theme might be enough reason to try again.

- Matt
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Well, as I´ve stated before I think these kinds of RPs are better suited within smaller boundaries and ideally in a group (think the Misfits)
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

im in :lol:
Riath Angel Sin, the soul reaping hexblade
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Glad to see some enthusiasm from you guys.

I think what we really need is a leader. Yes, that sounds corny, but I think it's true. We need someone like Nathan - someone willing to put in time and effort towards the upkeep of the roleplay; someone willing to sacrifice some of their own time for others. We need a guy to develop the lands and stories and characters; someone to give the roleplay a boost when it's getting lax; someone to basically hold it all together. Nathan was great at all these things, but eventually he couldn't continue, and I think the role of the leader is one that has been empty since he left. Sure, Mike did his best, but he himself admitted he couldn't involve himself that much. So overall, we need a new leader.

- Matt
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

nathan is???
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

sarous wrote:nathan is???
...Lord_Of The_Lego. He used to run the role play game.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
sarous
Foot Soldier

Post by sarous »

ohh! sorry i normal think in nick names
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Sir Kohran wrote:Glad to see some enthusiasm from you guys.

I think what we really need is a leader. Yes, that sounds corny, but I think it's true. We need someone like Nathan - someone willing to put in time and effort towards the upkeep of the roleplay; someone willing to sacrifice some of their own time for others. We need a guy to develop the lands and stories and characters; someone to give the roleplay a boost when it's getting lax; someone to basically hold it all together. Nathan was great at all these things, but eventually he couldn't continue, and I think the role of the leader is one that has been empty since he left. Sure, Mike did his best, but he himself admitted he couldn't involve himself that much. So overall, we need a new leader.

- Matt
I nominate you. Seriously.

As far as I can see, you posted as much as much as either Nathan or Formandecil. I think you'd be great at that.

Anyway, I'd be willing to give it a shot. I was pretty dodgy last time, but I'd be willing to put in at least one post a week.
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

I don't think the "leader" position should belong to one person alone. I think someone should be involved in the different elements of the roleplay. For instance, there is one person in charge of topography, another with factions, another with map, another with whatever comes up that we need. It takes alot of the responsibility off one person.

Hhhmmmm....I'd love to do another roleplay. I'll design a map if you guys tell me what you want on it (i.e. mountains, valleys, rivers, seas, etc.). Frankly, I've always wanted to do somthing like this.

In fact, give me a basic list of city names, natural landmarks, territory lines (which teritory belongs to which faction), and topography. I'll make a map worthy of the CCRP.
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I was excited about the new roleplay at first(Not this one, the one before that imidiately died). The problem is there is no limit. If we can limit ourselves to a certain ammount of pre-maped land I think we can roleplay better. Also we need a set leader. Every now and then he can setup some sort of extension and we could vote whether we want it. (Example: Witch Wella is new Necromancer's cousin and arrives with reinforcements) If we all agree to that idea then we can come up with a counter extension(The black falcons sail in). Another example: The leader(Of the roleplay that is)can say "Hey guys how about a creature invasion for a month or so?" Then we can vote: No, Yes, Trolls from mountain, Giant Dragon,Orcs etc. etc.

In order to have a good roleplay we need some flexibility but a focus on one specific faction. For example, we could have the crown knights but also have a smaller neighboring kingdom, say Crusaders. Then in order to allow some variety in plot we can have vikings along one coast to serve as outside of kingdom characters.

Another point, we need some sort of limit on the out-of-main-faction characters so that there aren't to many side stories that don't tie in well with the war.

If we have a smaller community then it will be easier for us to plan. We can discuss where we are going with our seemingly off topic characters. This way we can not only enjoy roleplaying on a personal level,but also allow one large story to unfold.

To go through with this we need a few dedicated posters as well as a leader with lots of time( We can vote on who also). I would volunteer except for lack of time. I would suggest Sir Kohran unless he also does not have time.Maybe we can split the job between two f us E and Kohran for example.

Again, to do this we need to make some descisions about leadership and rules. Map out a country(countries). Have some guys who can post at least one solid, I repeat solid post a week. That post can be divided into a few days or one large one in a shot but it has to go somewhere in order for the story to go on. Of course we can excuse you if you need a break but we need to keep it going and interesting.

I believe if we follow these ideas we will probably have a good time.

~Ziggy

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I should lead the roleplay if I made it sound like that. I think I have list of to dos if we want to start this though.
Last edited by ZIGGY! on Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Lamanda2
Merchant

Post by Lamanda2 »

I was really happy about joining the new Roleplay as well, it is really fun, but there just weren't many of us who were posting. But it sounds like there might be more participation (And fun) if we went with a roleplay more like the old one, and if that's the case I'm all for it!

I also second Ethan's nomination for you as a leader of this, you seem a perfect fit for the position. :)
Though I do like Lord Nev's suggestion about having several people as 'Leaders' rather than just one 'Leader'.

If there is enough interest in this to get it going I would love to help out in any way that I can.

~Amanda
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Lamanda]Bricks & Customs[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamanda2/]My Flickr[/url]
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

As per ypour question Ziggy. I was going to arrange the factions on the map in such a manner. Regardless of who the leader is, can I still design a map? Please?
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

I think we should wait to see who's going to be posting. Then we can all decide on what factions we are using, then you can design a map.

~Ziggy
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!