Huntress Airship

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Felix
Serf

Huntress Airship

Post by Felix »

The Huntress

Aloha! Been working on a few big projects, but I took time out to play with the new Jabba sail barge.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Ah, yes. I saw this on Brickshelf yesterday! I absolutely love the balloons/bubbles underneath! Well designed, it flows well and is one of the more believable airships I've seen. I like the sails from the set, they've been incorporated well.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

This is a very cool airship. The shape is very unique, it definitely says 'airship', not ocean ship. The blue bauble-things are a cool propulsion/levitation device, and the Jabba sails work really well here. I'm guessing this is only a light raider, since it doesn't look like it could hold a whole lot of loot. Maybe it's just the photography, but the old brown/redbrown mix doesn't seem too clashing here. One more thing. Are there interiors for the cabin and forecastle?

~smcginnis

Edit: Forgot to mention, I love the figs too. The Jayko shields really work with air pirates.
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
Felix
Serf

Post by Felix »

smcginnis wrote:I'm guessing this is only a light raider, since it doesn't look like it could hold a whole lot of loot. Maybe it's just the photography, but the old brown/redbrown mix doesn't seem too clashing here. One more thing. Are there interiors for the cabin and forecastle?
Yes, the ship is meant to be small and fast; able to catch up with larger, lumbering cargo airships quickly. I had imagined that this ship was made in a particularly advanced kingdom but was stolen by these pirates.

The brown and redish brown doesn't look so great, but the tan detracts from the contrast. The same can be done with bley and old grey-- as long as you have a bright color next to the two pieces, the two different greys will appear closer to the same.

Thanks for the kind words.
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

Thanks for the tip! I really like this MOC, what are those blue bubbles though,(WHat peice)?
The figs are great as well but I really like the whole design of htis creation.
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

smcginnis wrote:The shape is very unique, it definitely says 'airship', not ocean ship.
I like that too. Does it have a belowdecks?
Last edited by E of Alshire on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I would like to see a picture of it from the front, I didn't see one of those shots in the folder.

Also, love the custom crew, they add to the flair of the ship.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Airships belong in the General LEGO forum. I will move it there.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Felix
Serf

Post by Felix »

Recluce wrote:I would like to see a picture of it from the front, I didn't see one of those shots in the folder.

Also, love the custom crew, they add to the flair of the ship.
Costum fig gear rules! :wink:

I added a picture taken of the front. It'll be up after moderation. There is room to detail the interior of the back section, but I havent done any detailing.
ZIGGY! wrote:...what are those blue bubbles though,(WHat peice)?
The figs are great as well but I really like the whole design of htis creation.
Thats a canopy that came in one of the alpha team sets. It might have been in other sets as well. I'm not sure-- I bricklinked a bunch of them back when I was building Sea Monkey stuff.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Beautiful design. It looks like a real flying ship would look. Thanks for sharing it.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Dunechaser
Councilor

Post by Dunechaser »

Great work, Felix! The bubbles lend it a great magical feel, and I love its swooshy, swoopy shape. :D
-Andrew B.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunechaser/]Flickr[/url] | [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com/]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Memory
Serf

Post by Memory »

This has to be one of the most organic-looking airships I've ever seen. It's great. I would have preffered a regular picture or two, though.
Dancing space potatoes? You bet!
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Kinda an odd airship. But it still recieves 100%
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Chiefwanabigmac
Serf

Post by Chiefwanabigmac »

Im a big fan of this ship because in the castle genre Im a fan of I include magical airships and floating things. Not so muhc steampunk... but it could be sonidered steam punk with out the steam...

So i likes it... i give you props..
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”
~Charles Manson
g2
Sir Postsalot

Re: Huntress Airship

Post by g2 »

Felix wrote:...Been working on a few big projects, but I took time out to play with the new Jabba sail barge...
I don't blame you. Jabba's Sail Barge would be an awesome set to be distracted by. :D