The Return of Castle in 2007 (?)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
LewsTherin
Peasant

Post by LewsTherin »

This is just Awsome i cant wait till these are released im gonna have to buy a lot of them.
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Post by xbloodyfangs »

:shock: I'm definetly getting all of those sets (except for the ogel fortress thing).
BreadMan
Archer

Post by BreadMan »

Recluce wrote:
4. A NEW SCYTHE CLIP-ON PIECE?!?!?!
Its the same as the curved sword. Looks like there is a clip on the end of the handle, you can see it on the one the skeleton in the bottom left of the big castle pic is holding.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I want these sets!!!

Still, Im hoping that they add yet another human faction. Skeletons are cool, but you can still have an undead army without the use of skeletons...

Walking-corpses is one thing...
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
daggerblood
Laborer

Post by daggerblood »

Wow! I love how all of these sets are looking. Hopefully they'll come out soon. On the skeleton arm thing, it looks to me like it rotates at the elbow?
[url=http://nikolaus.xtronics.com]My website[/url]
~Nik
Sir Brithead
Apprentice

Post by Sir Brithead »

Being that I am the only AFOL who bought KK2 EVER and I did in fact like them, I really have no problem buying ANY lego Castle.

I guess I am easy to please or I love Lego.

I am very excited looking at all these pictues. My wife will probably Kill me when I buy these all many times over. I like the New heraldry a lot. The shelids, swords accesories al look great. The Helmets are terrific. I like the Skeletons and bad guys etc. I like it all. Lego has done a good job and remedied most of your complaints about KK2. This is great news.

The only problem is we have to wait for them.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Ahh, new pictures. They all look awesome!!!! On the last picture, the Euro Armor looks like Chrome! The drawbridge looks rather useless, though since in has a wall around it. With prototypes this close to being finished, I don't think we will have to wait for Summer for these to come out.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DS9
Laborer

Post by DS9 »

so far i see, it might be nice for new parts. im not going to say if its good or not. picture is to small and its only 1 so far. but what i see on that picture when i enlarge it, i do see some nice things. old-school helmets that looks really like shiny armor (instead of the purple shiny-ness from the viking theme), new shields (skelleton army), new minifig heads, new types of skeletons, skeleton horses, looks like the weapons might be shiny aswell now (which is good for the metal parts but not good for the wood etc), new weapons (and some weapons where we as fans had hoped for).

I also see a new type of shield on the knight castle, front side, both towers (3 point shield that is a little longer then the orriginal, looks like its white/purple with a golden lion). I don't like the windows (though), they seemed to have used train windows without the glass in it. that doesnt look oke, might be an alternative, but doesnt look right. looks like the flags of the knights castle are hold by some new kind of brick, which might just be a great add-on.

so far i see, it wont be old-school. that might be a bad thing. but there are some things that are good.
Crazy.. i was crazy once.. once they put me in a round room with a dot in the corner i liked that dot i counted that dot... one.. one..one..one ..it drove me crazy!! Crazy?!? I was crazy once!!
Jacob C.
Councilor

Post by Jacob C. »

These are looking really good!
Since these are prototypes, I just hope lego doesn't make any drastic changes for the worse.
Hopefully lego aims high and improves these sets even more.
I like the viking torsos chosen for these sets, they are the best viking torsos. If lego decides to change the torsos, I just hope they have very good designs, otherwise I'll be mad!

It is great to see that lego is moving further and further away from KK2.

One suggestion:
-I would like at least one crown shield in the 7090 set
(this is the little army builder set we've all been asking for)
I'll probably buy 10 or more of this set.
(lego if you're reading this...at least one crown shield please, thank you!)
[url=http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Majhost Gallery[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=RabbitSpook]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Sir Brithead wrote:Being that I am the only AFOL who bought KK2 EVER and I did in fact like them, I really have no problem buying ANY lego Castle.

I guess I am easy to please or I love Lego.

I am very excited looking at all these pictues. My wife will probably Kill me when I buy these all many times over. I like the New heraldry a lot. The shelids, swords accesories al look great. The Helmets are terrific. I like the Skeletons and bad guys etc. I like it all. Lego has done a good job and remedied most of your complaints about KK2. This is great news.

The only problem is we have to wait for them.
Well, guess what... you're not the only one.

I bought them because I liked them for the parts they provided me. :D LOL!

Im using their parts especially the armors for things like: Ossai warriors.

And as for 2007 Lego... I have plans for them as well. :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I can't wait for this series. The Scythe is a winner in my eyes.

I wish the dark forces got a... larger fortress I guess. Or somethign that looked like a fortress to begin with.

Great to see the old visors again, and I like the look of the "good" guys as it were.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

After reading most of this thread (too long to read it all). I too am simply impressed with the return of what appears to be “normal” castle characters and elements. I do like the skeletons, and overall the people at Lego have come back to what castle collectors want. So if this is not some elaborate hoax – well done Lego. I look forward to buying lots of Castle sets in 2007.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

g2 wrote:After reading most of this thread (too long to read it all). I too am simply impressed with the return of what appears to be “normal” castle characters and elements. I do like the skeletons, and overall the people at Lego have come back to what castle collectors want. So if this is not some elaborate hoax – well done Lego. I look forward to buying lots of Castle sets in 2007.
I agree. The switch back to "mainline" or "normal" castle is nearly over a decade overdue IMHO. These proto-types look more and more promising with each new wrinkle. I don't care for the heraldry. The crown over (what looks like) quartered purple and gold doesn't work for me. The colors I do like very much though. Looks like you've got a winner here LEGO that the community is buzzing about. Well done.

BTW Have we set a record for biggest thread yet? :wink:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

do my eyes decieve me or is this a four walled castle???

If so i'm buying two right off just to support the principal!!!!!!!!

a four walled castle, man how great it is to see that again. Wasnt the nightlord's castle the last one we had? Or am i missing one in there?
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

BTW Have we set a record for biggest thread yet?
No, there's a lot of other big threads floating around. The biggest and most numerous are in the gaming thread.
a four walled castle, man how great it is to see that again. Wasnt the nightlord's castle the last one we had? Or am i missing one in there?
I don't own it, but I don't think it had four complete walls either.