Weekly Minifig Review: Bat Lord

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Danju the Clever wrote:Please, Ban this guy...
Danju,

Complaints about other members should be sent to admins with private messages.

Zampor wrote:COOL SET!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL!!!11
Zampor,

Posts in the Classic-Castle forums need to be constructive. Tell us why you think the figure is cool. If you do not have anything constructive to add to a conversation, do not post. Overuse of punctuation, emoticons, capitalization, chat abbreviations, etc will lead to warnings, post editing by admins, and possible banning.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

He reminds me of the bad guy from the first Beastmaster movie.
airborne trooper 2
Peasant

Post by airborne trooper 2 »

I have this fig. The helmet would look better if the face was different and if the helmet did not have bat wings on it.
May the brick be with you.
Come http://fbtsforums.informe.com/ join today.
Lord Bas
Serf

Post by Lord Bas »

I have at least a dozen of these, but I like him.

I think this is the strongest minifig character in medieval lego (at least untill Vladek and all those power rangers crap showed up).

He is a strong fighter and one of the few characters who could wield magic. These powers combined could destroy the other powerfull characters like the blue mage, the Black Knight, The Royal Knight's king etc.

From this point of view he is actually quite cool.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

I think that, although the hat is cool, he looks a little to kooky to be taken seriously as a true LEGO fig. I prefer Vladek, as he has at least a little bit of a more menacing, realistic get up.
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

Oops. I forgot to post on this.
I personally like this figure.
My brothers and I each got one or two, so I have quite a few black dragons and the figures. The figure itself is very cool, and if you turn the cape inside-out you have a good looking grey cape. After a few years they get ruffled and battered, and it makes the cape look even better.
For me, this figure means a lot to me.
It was my first "bat"
It had my first cape...
And my first dragon. All my green dragons belonged to my brother :)

9/10 (1 point of for the helm)
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I think the Bat Lord is a great figure, especially the when he came in the set that came with the black dragon. I purchased about 15 of these chaps, and Bingo! I've got an airforce. They are a great counterpart to all of my "happy" castle sets. Mopey, emo knights! What a concept! (I do dig the goateed soldier with the gladiator helmet from the Fright Knight line as well)

The face is great, the Frowny Lord of the Darkness who Takes Candy from Kids (tm) has made his way into many of my troops, but I have to admit that the coloring, the frown, and the Bat-Mace are great little touches to set the mini fig apart from the rest.

I give his Frowniness an A.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Cut off the bat wings and he looks somewhat like a knight.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

I really like parts of this fig, specifically the helmet. I love this helmet, and I am glad Lego "reprinted" it for Orient Expedition in grey. The bat wings, eye holes, and overall look of the helmet look cool. On the other hand, I don't really like the face. The frown looks stupid, and the moustache is too big in my opinion. The torso is okay. I find it works nicely for slave-traders and pirates.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Although I am much more of a fan of the old school, I gotta say that I love Fright Knights. I love the torsos, I love the bats, I love the faces, the weapons, all of that, this character is not an exception. I think they look way cooler than Vladek's taem, even if the scorpion is a cool emblem.
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

About the only thing I like about this minifigure is his torso, other than that it's not very good. I recently got a dark grey version of his helmet from bricklink and I was kinda dissapointed in it, only his face looks good in it.
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I like the colors they put into him,as well as the helmet not like other kinds.The cape looks good too.I like this minifig a lot. :P
I am.......a....Future Legend
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Yeah, it's a pretty good minifig. Unfortunately, I'm biased against him because his line started the downfall of the Castle theme. If only his helm had the wings going to the back instead of the side...
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

I used to have this figure, or my brother did. The cape was oblidorated and the head was chewed up. Anyway, I like this minifigure due to, not only the unike cape, but the fact that he seems to look like what I think a bat lord sould. If I could rebuild my destroyed minion I would.
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

I like the Fright Knights, though I don't, technically, have any of the sets. I could use twenty or so of Basil- replace the faces, and I'd have a good army.
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins