This is your chance to create your own LEGO theme! Build five (5) medieval style MOCs ("sets") in a unifying theme that mimic the standard price/piece tiers set out by official LEGO themes.
- You may only enter the contest once, and must enter 5 MOCs as your entry. Thou shalt not enter 6, nor will thou not enter 4, excepting that thou then proceedest to 5. 7 is right out.
- Each MOC (set) must meet one of 6 price tiers traditionally associated with LEGO sets: $5, $8, $12, $20, $50, $100.
- You may not enter more than one set per price tier.
- The piece limit for each tier will be determined by using the traditional $0.10/piece price point, which means a $5 should have around 50 parts.
- You are not strictly limited to the $0.10/piece limit, but your set may not exceed more or less than 20% of each tier's piece count.
- Because figs are expensive for LEGO to produce, and disproportionally increase the price of a set, 1 fig = 10 parts. This covers all weapons, armor, shields, and other accessories the fig is wearing. All other accessories and armor count as one part per piece.
- Baseplates count as one part, but you may not use more than the equivelant of 2 32x32 baseplates or one 48x48 baseplate in any one set. Use your better judgement - a $5 is NOT going to have a 32x32 baseplate and it will count against you if you include one.
- All 5 of your sets *MUST* be built surrounding a theme, in other words, they all must be related to each other in some obvious way. For example: each set deals with the ocean (fishing, sailing, port, etc.) or one faction is fighting another. Using the same color scheme throughout your sets does not count towards a theme (but coordination is always good).
- You may choose to use any theme you wish, excepting that it falls within the Classic-Castle.com definition of castle, being anything from the medieval era, including viking and ninja, up to the introduction of crude firearms of that part of the world.
- Your theme may be purely military oriented, purely civilian, or any combination of the two.
- You may include as much realism or fantasy as you wish.
- You may have some of your sets belonging to opposing factions (i.e. Forestmen vs. Crusaders) but all sets must include something from both factions. Please do not include more than two factions in your theme (civilians do not count towards factions).
- It is not necessary that you have all 5 sets built simultaneously, but you must have a picture with either all 5 sets included or digitally altered to include them all so that the overall theme can be viewed as a whole.
- Custom elements are limited to minifig and animals, stickers, and minifig and animal accessories.
- LDrawn entries are welcome but do not use high numbers of rare parts. Do not use non-existant parts (as in those parts that exist only in Ldraw).
***Submit entries by replying to the forthcoming entries post. Please only post one picture in this thread and link to your offsite gallery of other images.***
***Please limit posted images in the entry thread to 400x400 pixels. Larger images may be used for greater detail, but must be only linked to offsite, and may not exceed 800x600 pixels.***
***Larger pictures than 800x600 may disqualify the entry.***
Brickforge Custom Farm Animals (see below)
The special CC forum rank for one month of "Royal Engineer"
Fame and Glory
The special CC forum rank for one month of "Apprentice Engineer"
Inferior Fame and Empty Glory
Physical prizes (i.e. sets) may be announced later.
*EDIT - NEW PRIZE*
The Brickforge has graciously donated a small herd of their custom farm animals that will be awarded to the 1st place winner.
Prize consists of:
Black Bull w/ Horns (does not include saddle)
White Holstien w/ Udder
A $23 value! Be the first one on your block to own these really great farm animals - enter to win today!
If physical prizes are awarded, CC will ship the prizes USPS Priority up to $4.05 to anywhere in the USA. Winners outside the USA and/or where shipping is more than $4.05 will pay the difference.
The contest will begin at 12:00 AM / 0:00 (CC server time) August 1, 2007 and will end at 11:59 PM / 23:59 (CC server time) September 30, 2007
The Classic-Castle.com admins will decide the winner(s), and thus are ineligable to enter.
Winners will be decided using a simple voting system.
If you have any questions, please reply to this post and ask away!
Good luck and Leg Godt!
The admins reserve the right to change the rules, deadline and anything else regarding to this contest for any reason at any time.