Dwarves's Welcome at Castle Ortun

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Dwarves's Welcome at Castle Ortun

Post by Remyth »

Hello everyone!

Another entry from me. I was going to be for the fortifications category at first, but as it developed, it turned out that it needed to be bigger. Therefore, it shall now be entered into the miscellaneous category.

The backstory to this MOC: For many hundreds of years, there has been great friendship between the dwarves and the Crusaders. During a great famine, they were estranged from each other. Now, six wondering dwarves are welcomed with great delight by the men in Castle Ortun.

[Pic=Link]

Well, that's jsut about it. Off to try to scrape out another entry or two for the contest...

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

it looks great!
it's nice that everything is tiled, well done.
i like the rock and the entrance hall.

DNL
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Tom you have completely outdone yourself on this masterpeice of a creation.

Kudos mang! :shock: Don't strain your back too much building. Your photography is sharp too.
Last edited by LORD DOOM on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

really like the detail in this! one day i might actually get of my arse and build a castle!
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

that is totally awesome
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Excellent job, once again. This is a great castle, a lot of excellent wall details and great depth. Adding depth to my walls has always been one of my weakpoints, and I really envy your talent in this department. Best of luck in the upcoming contest!
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

DNL wrote:it looks great!
it's nice that everything is tiled, well done.
i like the rock and the entrance hall.
Thanks! Glad you like the rocks - they were a pain.
LORD DOOM wrote:Tom you have completely outdone yourself on this masterpeice of a creation.

Kudos mang! :Shocked: Don't strain your back too much building. Your photography is sharp too.
Thanks, Micah! Luckily, I did not strain my back. BTW, Chris is the one with the sharp photography.
lord azreal wrote:really like the detail in this! one day i might actually get of my arse and build a castle!
Thank you! You should build a castle, they are tons of fun, and peole around here seem to like them... :roll:
FishRfine wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

that is totally awesome
Yay! I got a really big, long wow! Thanks!

[quote"Spongey"]Excellent job, once again. This is a great castle, a lot of excellent wall details and great depth. Adding depth to my walls has always been one of my weakpoints, and I really envy your talent in this department. Best of luck in the upcoming contest![/quote]

Thanks! It is a strange feeling, knowing that someone envies you... Thank you very much indeed!

In Christ,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

lord azreal wrote:really like the detail in this! one day i might actually get of my arse and build a castle!
Yeah... but everytime I see a castle like this I know I have big shoes to fill and never get around to building one!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...