Dwarf's Mine set info please

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
kevblee
Gong Farmer

Dwarf's Mine set info please

Post by kevblee »

I'm sure it's been stated....yes I used the search button but had no luck....is this set discontinued? Or just out of Stock at Lego.com. I have not seen any since Jan at Target.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

It's supposedly coming back later this year when they release the rest of the 2008 sets. Sometime in August, but we don't really know yet... (or do we?).
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
FullNelson
Apprentice
Location: My head is floating in a far off land alone. My body is unfortunately stuck on Earth.

Post by FullNelson »

I got mine earlier and it is great (not to rub it in). I have heard though that it will be coming back later in the year to.
<iframe></iframe>
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

To echo Blue Monarch, there's been talk of a more wide-ranging re-release of the set. The first run was a Target (& S@H) exclusive, but should be coming later this year with the other new run of sets!
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

I actually read that it was going to make a comeback in February, but that obviously didn't happen.
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Mog wrote:I actually read that it was going to make a comeback in February, but that obviously didn't happen.
Well actually I have been daily logging into S@H to check the Castle theme and it DID come back in February, but it was cleaned out FAST.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

It is coming back!

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... n=473&d=70

Looks like the first edition lower pricing is gone, now it is $10 more. I wonder if the box art will be different.
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

hey cool! Its only 5$ more in Canada!

EDIT: now it says its not available :cry:
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

I've just bought this set (Beglium). It is amazing. I reccomend it to all of you.
Many details, many pieces.
Go on LEGO!
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
Brickule
Servant of the Secret Fire

Post by Brickule »

I got one in December, the big Troll isn't very posable (the most it can do is hit it's self in the head using it's club). The dwarfs are fantastic, and the Goblin/Orc guys are cool. I wish the other sets with Orcs were available in the US.
LordZode
Apprentice

Post by LordZode »

I bought this set on e-bay, it was a bit more then S@H but what can I say? It was sooo worth it. The dwarves are amazing, the set is completely unique and beautiful.

I know that not everyone cares for fantasy and some of the AFOL's like myself would like to see more civilian type castle sets. I erally do consider this a spiritual successor to Guarded Inn and Blacksmith Shop. This Dwarven Kingdom is more interested in mining and blacksmithing and their little kitchen - peaceful civilian activities. They have a couple defenses and 3 attackers, sure, but it is a quite al arge set taht is mostly focused on industry rather then yet another siege engine of some kind.

I am very very pleased with this set. :o
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

Let's hope the set comes back for sale later this year. All of the ones that are put up for sale on E Bay are very high prices IMO.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

I really hope they bring this back too. None of the stores I checked around here have it, although they have other Castle sets.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

LEGO has promised that it will return, but perhaps again it may be limited to specific retailers. Right now there is not much known, except that they said "It shall return!". I think the idea is that it may be like the Clone Turbo Tank and Police Headquarters sets that initially were released with light up featured minifigures and then altered for a later release. Perhaps LEGO will include the 2008 Orc/Troll helm instead? Another Dwarf? Or perhaps a simple package change? Or even none of the above? The photo and description on the LEGO.Com link I provided does not reveal any alterations, but when it was listed as "Coming soon!" on the official web address, the price for the US market was listed at $59.99. Even at that rate it's still a very good set. Those of us lucky enough to score them from US Target stores for the X-Mas exclusive price point of $49.99 I think got a great bargain. The final copy I picked up just a week away from X-Mas 2007 had the loose gold helm packed in with the other parts and accessories rather than loose, and there was no extra silver-winged helm in the box.
Bottom line is that LEGO intends to re-issue it this Summer 2008 along with the rest of the mass of Castle 2008 we have not yet seen on this continent.
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

Oh, it was only a US release so far? So that's why I haven't seen it anywhere...

Although why a Danish company gives all the best deals to Americans, I will never understand...