Sneaky peak at Castle's future

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:I cannot wait for some of the first elf sets to show up! I remember seeing the first dwarves and orcs in 2007.... it was awesome!

R
Out here in the US of A the theme has nearly stagnated to a "remember when LEGO made Castle?" state simply because almost nothing new has surfaced, or will come until Summer. You all are lucky enough in Europe to have available to you plenty of Castle to choose from.
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

This worries me a bit. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely interested iin seeing elves, but the fact that they're the only species we haven't seen makes me think Lego will end Castle after 2009...
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Moon Cheese,

I doubt you have that to worry about. Castle Lego has been going with few reall stops since before I was born. It could happen but doubtful.

R
Moroder
Apprentice

Post by Moroder »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Moon Cheese,

I doubt you have that to worry about. Castle Lego has been going with few reall stops since before I was born. It could happen but doubtful.
I believe he was talking about the current line for the theme, but I wouldn't be so sure. The new line is so popular!
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

MoonCheese wrote:This worries me a bit. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely interested iin seeing elves, but the fact that they're the only species we haven't seen makes me think Lego will end Castle after 2009...
the understatement of the year! :D i am sure castle will not end in 2009. it is so strong in sales it just impossible.

there's also a lot more they can do with this theme. just take a look at the recent moc forum and see what fans came up with. i'm still waiting for them to make a gryphon, a stone golem (or any golem for that matter). both preferably brick built but i am receptive to something similar to the large duploish dragon and the duploish giant troll. there's also balrogs, the elementals, minotaurs, taurens, lizardmen, kobolds, gnolls, etc. just so many fantasy races to do. just one new race a year will keep the theme alive for years.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Well let snot forge the human factions. I would not be surprised to see horse lords at some point!
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

That would be very cool if they loosely based the selection over the next couple of years on the Lord of the Rings. They're close so far with dwarves, elves, trolls, etc.

I would LOVE a horseman theme!
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Well let snot forge the human factions.
:shock: Ewww!

I hope castle does well enough in sales that Lego would consider a "UCS" large scale castle. That would be nice.
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

RebelRock wrote:
timber_wolf899 wrote:Well let snot forge the human factions.
:shock: Ewww!

I hope castle does well enough in sales that Lego would consider a "UCS" large scale castle. That would be nice.
i saw that :D ...and after some creative analysis, i think it read:

"well lets not forget the human factions."

since castle parts are now in the template, yeah...i think UCS castle is quite possible. :wink:
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

natelite wrote:since castle parts are now in the template, yeah...i think UCS castle is quite possible. :wink:
That actually makes sense in a way that it gives me hope :D
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

unfortantly in the pick a brick they don't have any swords or helmets just cross bows
if this is off topic ignorit
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
MoonCheese
Freeman

Post by MoonCheese »

Hopefully, Lego will eventually put every brick they make in Pick A Brick, although I have a feeling they won't.
Danielas
Steward

Post by Danielas »

it would be nice also if they did that with LDD
God Bless. Danielas

Procrastinators Unite!!!!

(tomorrow)

Proud soldier of Classic-Castle. As in, I fight against the Legion of the Aggie.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I think they would like to put them all on PAB- think about how all the new instructions have numbers in the for ordering info. Lego knows they will make money on this and my guess is it would be another source of constant sales for them.

R
davestadel
punctuation patrol

new lego elf minifigs

Post by davestadel »

I got the magazine , and i have forseen the future. I think that its pretty sweet that there might be elven castle figs. If those sets come out, im gonna buy what i can right away! :lol: :D