Do i trade?
Do i sell?
Do I use for MOCS
Do I keep in draogn hord?
Domino Gloria!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I think this castle will be quite valuable, in another ten years. Since many fans found these sets half off or more, the market is flooded. On the other hand, this is the largest black castle that LEGO has ever produced. The design is decent with a few exceptions (horse-a-pults, etc). So if you hang on to it for a few more years, it will likely sell in the $150-200 USD range.

Ben
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

good advice.
thanks mate!
Domino Gloria!
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

I am not sure whether lego castle sets actually increase in value over time.

For instance, I can buy used castle sets (ex/ 6085 or 6086) for around $100 right now on ebay, which was on par with their original price 20 years ago, minus inflation.

So, I am resigned to the fact that I collect castle sets for fun, not for pecuniary value.

My advice is, sell it if you don't like it, and keep it if you do. I have a Vladek's castle too, and I am keeping it b/c even though I don't like the figures, it's a Megablocks impressive castle.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

yes, but how much would an MISB 6086 go for?
Domino Gloria!
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I would say it would probably go for + $400 on ebay, its currently $900 for MISB on BL. Although you can't use that to model what the Vladek's Dark Fortress might go for. The reason being most people back then didn't buy sets just to resell them later on, so you have that low supply and high demand.
LEGO --- Impossible is Nothing.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

400 dollars? I have seen this set go on Ebay for under 80 new. If someone days over $900 they are either very wealthy or very.....

It really is up to you. If you want the pieces or if you liked the set keep it. You could always try trades as well.

If you want to look into it some here is BL on it. $60-200 seems to be this items range.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=8877

Cheers

R
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:400 dollars? I have seen this set go on Ebay for under 80 new. If someone days over $900 they are either very wealthy or very.....
He said that a misb 6086 would sell for $400.

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/6086.html

I doubt that Vladek's Castle will has as much appeal in the future as 6086. But a misb copy will certainly increase in value by 200%. With the exception of Dragon Masters and Fright Knights, most misb castle sets cost atleast double of their original msrp.

Ben
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Fair enough. I just have never seen anything of this... vintage go for anything like $900 on BL or anywhere.

R
The Shadow Knight
Archer

Post by The Shadow Knight »

I would keep it, because like architect said, it is the largest black castle that LEGO has ever produced. It has many useful wall pieces, and would be great for building black castles, keeps, guard houses, etc. Unless you don't like to build black buildings, I would keep it. :wink:
-May your winds be fair !
darthsantkuyl
Serf

Post by darthsantkuyl »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Fair enough. I just have never seen anything of this... vintage go for anything like $900 on BL or anywhere.

R
take a look at a mint yellow castle go for 1000 and much more on BL :shock:
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Darth,

Slightly different in vintage I'd say. Comparing a very rare castle that was made in the 70s with something that came out last year and is fairly common.

R