KK2 = Roman?

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Red Bean
Apprentice

KK2 = Roman?

Post by Red Bean »

Here's my first attempt at converting a KK2 shield into a Roman one. It's not as wide as I'd hope though so I'm not sure if it'll work. Also, none of the KK2s are available in the U.K. yet, so I have no way of testing them. But do give some comments/feedbacks.

btw, I used Ramus's template, though I modified it a little bit :wink:

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

Hey that's really neat, good job :D

But maybe you should increase the contrast a bit (maybe darkening the red, or maybe lightning up the orange, or even making it yellow or white if history allows it :P ), because i think it looks clearer on the screen than IRL, especially when looked at from an angle.

If you take a look at all original shield designs, you can see TLC also uses good contrasting colors. Shouldn't be too much work i think :)

Anyway, good job 8)
Whatever you do, don't.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Why do I have a feeling that Lego will come out with its own Ancients theme......

*hopes to God/Allah/Yaweh that it happens*

Anyhow, if they do come out with a Roman Theme my Kahilawayans and Atlanteans will have a new civilization to pummel around. :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

JPinoy wrote: Anyhow, if they do come out with a Roman Theme my Kahilawayans and Atlanteans will have a new civilization to pummel around. :twisted:
And the vikings, don't forget them.. or rather, the norse (not that the kids would mind :P )

And they can team up with the celts and fight the saxons... *sigh* that would make enough fantastic castle lines for a decade :D
Whatever you do, don't.
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hi Teup,

Great fan of your viking stuffs (btw, have you seen my custom viking helmets? Click to go to my website if you haven't)!!

Now you will have to excuse my ranting. But you know? I used to have hope that Lego would come out with an ancient theme, too, but these days the more I think about it the more I think it's unlikely. The reason is that Lego is ultimately a children toy and its managers seem to agree with this (hence the rainbow knights). And I just don't think Roman and Greek stuffs will be very popular with kids nowadays. If you don't believe me, just go into a toy shop, how many Roman/Greek action figures do you see? I see he-man, military stuffs, and playmobil apparently has a viking line, but that's it. And don't say stuffs like "I think it will be popular" either, because ultimately, if you don't see them in a toy shop, that means the toy industry doesn't think it will be a popular theme. And Lego in the recent years, as we all know, is neither a trailblazer nor a risk-taker.

But heck!! We can have our dreams, right? :D

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Shield looks good! Although maybe you should redo it on Anthony's template, which seems to have a slightly better design.

Anyway, while I would like an ancients line, I would not care to have it any more than another medieval line. Why? Because most of my Lego is incorporated into MY world, and either medieval components or ancient components could fit without much difficulty.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

A good template - I'm not so sure about the color combination (from an artistic standpoint, once I can get some of these shields in bulk, I'll look into historical shields).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

Red-Bean: thats awesome!I can't wait to use it for my knights.
Do you have any Roman helmets for sale? If you do, are they made out of ABS, or sculpey?
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Very nice indeed.From my limited knowledge of the romans(and don't get me started on latin...), this seems quite accurate. Is a Roman helmet on the cards? Or a gladius?
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Latin, eh? I took a bit of that a few years back, I can recite the Pater Noster in Latin, but I don't know enough to call it a second language, even a 1 1/2 language.

But out of curiosity, what happens when Green Fox gets going on Latin?

Quid?
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

Marcus in atrium est :D

Anus :P

Well, that's about all the Latin i can remember from school :D

Red Bean: Yep I've seen your stuff, it's really neat, having a viking and a lego look at the same time :D
Unfortunately I'm gonna fatten my wallet first before I'll order more stuff..
Whatever you do, don't.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Thats a great template!
Alan
good times
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

Cool! I love the colors.
The blue bolts look very good against the red.
Good job! Any more planned?
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]