7%
Imperial Artillery
13%

Total votes: 30

Napoleon
Archer

New Theme

Post by Napoleon »

I've been thinking about what the next pirate theme will be like, and came up with some ideas! This is what I would LIKE, emphasis on the like. This theme would be centered less on pirates and more on 18th and 19th century navies. It would still have pirates however! DavE came up with the name "High Seas," and I'll use that since it is the perfect name for it. :oops: It's just what I think would be awesome! I have even put a cheesey Lego catalog set description. :spin:

H.M.S. Invincible: $110.00 800 pieces. "This mighty French ship rules the waves with its six firing cannons and six swivel guns! Complete with armory and cargo area, this ship is ready for anything. Will the renegade pirates in their raft take over the ship, or will Admiral Dejavu and his men lock them in the jail cell? You decide!" This ship would have three midsections, two large masts, one smaller mast on the poop deck, and a triangular sail attached to the figurehead area(jib?). The ship's colors would be: dark brown hulls, black sides with red trim and red cannon portholes. It would be a scaled down version of the L'Ocean, which I saw on wikipedia. Figs: Admiral Dejavu, three blue-coats with new French style shakos, three French sailors, anonymous pirate captain, and three pirates.

Mariners' Boat vs Giant Squid: $80.00 700 pieces. "SQUID ATTACK! The fearless mariners are being attacked by a giant squid! Quick, help them fend off the beast with their firing harpoon launchers and working fishing net." This set would be a step in the right direction to civilian themed pirate sets. The boat will make older fans happy, and the tots will like it because of the Atlantis-like brick-built squid. It would have brown hull pieces. Figs would be: mariner captain, cook, first mate, 3 sailors.

Imperial Sloop vs Islander Catamaran: $60.00 500 pieces. " LAND HO! The brave French soldiers have discovered an unknown island! However, the islanders are not so happy about being discovered. Hop in King Kahuka's catamaran and fight of the invaders with the flick-launching spear throwers and catapult! Will the soldiers fire their two pull-back cannons, or make peace with the islanders and use the working crane to trade? You decide!" The sloop would have one mid-section at most, and features one mast with one large and one small sail. One triangular sail would be attached the front also. All sails would be white with blue pinstripes. Catamaran would be two attched brown canoes with an islander sail. Figs: revamped Lieutenant De Martinet, two blue-coat soldiers with new French-style shakos, two French sailors, revamped King Kahuka, two islanders, and one shaman.

Captain Ironhook's Predator: $50.00 400 pieces. "Get ready to pillage with Ironhook's ship, the Predator! This ship is ready to take on all comers with its three firing cannons and one mortar launcher. Pull the pin to watch the "battle-damaged" mast fall over, and pull out the captain's quarters to access the cargo area, complete with gunpowder barrels and crate of fish! Will Ironhook rule the waves for years to come, or will the British Black-cloak assassin end the Captain's career and steal his treasure chest ? You decide!" This ship would give the theme a much-needed boost in the realism department. The pirates had small, fast vessels that were always crowded. Look how ridiculously under-manned Brickbeard's Bounty is. This set would please AFOLs because of its details, the tikes would like it because of the playability, and parents would like it because of the cheap way to get their kid a pirate ship. It would have a black hull with one mid-section, white sides with black trim, one mast with a large canvas sail, and a large Ironhookish flag to attach to the back of the ship. Figs: revamped Captain Ironhook, first mate, two sailors, and one Black-cloak assassin in a rowboat.

Imperial Docks: $50.00 420 pieces. "The French have built a mighty harbor to defend their port town from every Islander, British, or pirate attack that could ever happen. With a lantern-carrying watchman pacing the docks, a soldier manning a cannon at the top of the tower, a fisherman's shack complete with table and bed, an office for Governor Broadside, and a kitchen with stove, these docks will give the French a safe place to stay, when not out battling their enemies. Will the French have a normal day at the docks, or will the British saboteur blow their port sky-high? You decide!" You couldn't go wrong with this set. It'd be great! Colors would be: maroon for the walls, white and brown for the trim and brown walls for the fisherman's shack. Like Soldiers' Fort,(which I own and love) it would be modular, but instead of just being able to swap it around, you could also stack it in various ways! Figs: revamped Governor Broadside, soldier with chef hat and new apron piece, watchman with new lantern piece, two French soldiers, fisherman, British saboteur.

British Outpost: $40.00 350 pieces. "ONWARD, MEN! The British have established an outpost on an unexplored island to prepare it for colonization.
Chop some wood for the campfire, defend the officer's cabin from Islander attack, or try to catch some exotic birds for the Governor's collection! Will the soldiers sleep peacefully in their two canvas tents, or will wild Islander war-whoops wake them up? You decide!" This set would be pretty interesting indeed. It would be on a large green baseplate that slowly transitions from green(grass) to tan(sand) to blue(water). It would feature several palm trees, two tents, and above all, a log cabin! :) How awesome is that?! It would also require the return of the Fabuland ax to best represent the wood ax. Figs: British officer, two British soldiers, two Islanders, one shaman.

British Inn: $30.00 300 pieces. "When the British soldiers get tired out after battling the pirates, they always go to the local Inn to rest, eat, and spend their coins on various precious artifacts. But, wait, Captain Ironhook is coming to town! Will the soldiers be able to protect the owner's safe containing valuable treasures, or will Ironhook and his bunch make too much trouble for the Brits to handle? You decide!" This set would be built in MMV style, with dark green walls and black trim. It would be two-stories tall, and feature four beds, two desks, a safe, a bench, and a shelf with various bottles on it. On the outside, there is a wagon holding Ironhook and his ruffians. Figs: Two British soldiers, two pirates, Captain Ironhook, and Inn owner aka old guy with a tri-corne and cane.

Islander Camp: $22.00 220 pieces. "The pirates have attacked the Islander warriors' encampment! Hurry, fight them off with the spear-throwing statue, trap door, and alligator pit! Will the warriors be able to defend their home, or will the pirates carry off their sacred golden statue? You decide! Goes great with British outpost!" This set would be fairly good, and who dosen't want a golden minifig statue? It would have a hut for the warriors, a campfire, and a pin you can pull to send the pirates down a chute to the alligator pit. Figs: "stone" statue, "golden" statue, two pirates, two braves.

Imperial Artillery: $10.00 100 pieces. "The French are moving their cannons to a distant siege, but British soldiers are ambushing them! Will the French win the battle, or will the Royal Navy get two more cannons? You decide!" A simple $10 set, not too little or too much. It would have two Cannons with cart, a horse, and a few barrels. Figs: two French soldiers, one British soldier, one British marksman with top hat.
Last edited by Napoleon on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:27 am, edited 11 times in total.
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fans/index.php?]TeenLEGOFans.com![/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/55680977@N04/]My Flickr![/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: New Theme

Post by Bluesecrets »

This is nice, but it belongs in dear lego. I am moving it for you.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Napoleon wrote:Try to come up with a good name for this, I can't!
"High Seas"?
"Seven Seas"?

DaveE
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

Thank you, Bluesecrets! :D I wasn't sure, so I posted it here. :oops: I am glad you like my two cents.
davee123 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:Try to come up with a good name for this, I can't!
"High Seas"?
"Seven Seas"?

DaveE
Spot on! Great idea! High Seas it is!
"There are two powers in this world, the sword and the pen; and in the end the former is always conquered by the latter"- Napoleon Bonaparte

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/Teen_LEGO_Fans/index.php?]TeenLEGOFans.com![/url]

maniac29
Peasant

Post by maniac29 »

Don't know how to say this, but the new theme is awesome. Can't post pics here because of policy, but visit eurobricks to see them! They are awesome! If you want, just P.M. me and I will send the link. :wink:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Bluesecrets wrote:This is nice, but it belongs in dear lego. I am moving it for you.
Actually it is better in General Lego. Dear Lego is reserved for castle and medieval theme requests. Pirate discussions are better in General LEGO and our sister site, www.forbiddencove.com

Thanks.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

I don't mean to clutter up this site with pirate discussions, :wink: but I'm not quite old enough to join Forbidden Cove. :( I wish they had the same age requirements as Classic-Castle. I love all the no-cussin' rules here, it makes the site so much more healthy. Pirates and castle are tied as my favorite themes, so it's sad that I'm too young to join both Forbidden Cove and Classic-Pirates.

Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

Well, here is the post for the second year of my dream pirate line. Hope you like my ideas!

H.M.S. van du Hawk $110.00 950 pieces. "The Dutch have commisioned this ship to raid French and Spanish waters and do battle with the treasure-stealing pirates. Admiral Van du Brick has cornered the scurvy pirate, Captain Woodleg, and is trying to blow the pirate's sloop out of the water. Will the Hawk destroy the boat, or will Woodleg live to rove the sea yet again? You decide!" The Hawk would have two brown midsections and two masts, black sides and blue trim. The sloop would be the equivalant to a twenty dollar set, with new smaller hull pieces. This would be a good set, because you can have ship battles with one set. The Dutch would require a new flag, and (after looking at the real naval flag), I think an orange flag with a white Iron Cross would be a good LEGO-ish generic flag like the other soldier flags of the pirate theme. Figs: Admiral Van du Brick, three Dutch soldiers with printed tricornes and orange coats, three generic sailors, Captain Woodleg, and three pirates.

H.M.S Destroyer $90.00 750 pieces. "The British are sailing for war in their newest frigate, the Destroyer! The British sailors are busy using the fishing rods, while Admiral Woodhouse and his men load the four cannons and get ready for their next battle. Will the French jollyboat take over the ship, or will Woodhouse sink them and their plans? You decide!" The Destroyer would have two black midsections with the lower part being white. It would have two masts with white sails, black sides with yellow trim, and a detailed Capn's quarters with a table and turkey. The jollyboat would require the return of the highly sought-after Adventurer boat! It was kinda like an enlarged version of the regular rowboat. Figs: Admiral Woodhouse, two redcoats with regular shako, one redcoat officer with bearskin hat, one redcoat sailor, one French officer, two French soldiers.

Dutch Naval Base $100.00 1800 pieces. "Off the coast of South America, a Dutch Base supplies the merchant and war ships with everything they need, from bananas to barrels of rum and boxes of valuable cargo. Unfortunately, the French have sent some of their best troops to over-run the colony and raise the French banner on the lighthouse. Pull the pin to empty the boulder trap and send its stones down on the invaders, push the rod to trigger the trap door on the dock, and fire the pull-back cannons at the French troop carrier! Will the Dutch hold on to their sea-side base, or will the French claim it and push the Dutch out of the Americas? You decide!" This set would be like MMV, only bigger and better! It would be built on a raised baseplate and have tons of authentic details! The French troop carrier would be a medium-sized brick-built boat with a plop-down front,(kinda like D-day boats) would have no sails, would have 6 oars, 6 benches, a position for an officer in the back, and could hold 12 soldiers.(Some sold seperatley) The lighthouse would be built kinda like the one in Mrs. Puff's Boating Academy, only more realistic, and would have a stronger-than-normal light-brick. In addition, there would be two MMV style buildings, a fishing shack, lots of fortifications sprawled everywhere, and a small government building where the soldiers could stand guard and man three cannons. There would be LOTS of cargo and stuff, including my idea of using red "Viking" theme horns as spices.(They look like peppers) :D This set would mainly just make adult fans happy because of the high level of detail. Figs: Three civilians, two Dutch infantrymen, one Dutch drummer with new drum piece, one Dutch officer with printed bi-corne, one Dutch sniper with new dragoon helmet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon and Wild-West theme rifle in brown, three French infantrymen, French flag-bearer, and one French officer with printed tri-corne and a fancy new torso.

Dutch Camp $210.00 2750 pieces. "The Dutch are going to war against France, and the soldiers in the Dutch Camp are ready to take the Frenchies head-on! Ready the artillery train, load the muskets, feed the horses, and stack the boxes of provisions in the cattle-pulled cart! The French are closing in on the camp, so will the Dutch survive, or will the French overtake them before they can get to the battlefield? You decide!" This set would be the first-ever UCS battlepack! It would feature two MMV-style farm buildings, one small MMV-style saloon, three IJ-style tents, one cow, six horses, Tons of racks with spare backpacks, muskets, and caps, a giant chrome town bell, barouque-style water fountain, two new sheep figures in both white and black, and lots of little details.Figs: Dutch General with fancy printing, 4 Dutch dragoons, 7 Dutch infantrymen, one Dutch artillery captain with bearskin hat, town crier, 4 French Swiss Guard, 1 French Napoleon look-alike, 2 French Cuirassiers, and one French sniper with rifle and a new, smaller shako.
Last edited by Napoleon on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sir Zeppelin
Foot Soldier
Location: On the battlefiels, performing my duties as a foot soldier.

Post by Sir Zeppelin »

No pirate line is complete without a couple of big ships! I really like what you've described. LEGO should hire you to write their box descriptions; you'd do a good job!
Here comes the orator! With his flood of words,
And his drop of reason.
- Ben Franklin

[url=http://legotales.webs.com]LEGO Tales[/url] [url=http://castlelandgroupstories.webs.com]Castleland Group Stories[/url]

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi/]My Brickshelf[/url]

Enjoy writing LEGO castle stories? Check out [url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World/]Castle World[/url]
knight howdy
Laborer

Post by knight howdy »

i'm happy someone finaly put the dutch in.
just one flaw.
i don't like the name of the ship...
H.M.S beatrix.
that's the name of our queen,i rather see a new and better name.
oh and some more sets for the british.
anyway you got some great idea's.
So....you think you can build with lego.
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

Thank you very much! I couldn't come up with a another name, so I will take all Dutch-sounding name advice. More Brits are coming! :wink:

Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

I like this idea. Maybe some Revolutionary War (American and French) sets. Not really Pirates, but fits the theme I think. History meets Lego. :)
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

I am sorry I haven't updated the Dutch-centered theme, I've been really busy! I will update it this weekend! :D See ya then!

dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Personally.
If there was going to be a new pirate theme. I'd like to see a new Port royal type set with docks to unload cargo, a tavern, couple of houses, a guard house and general people kinda like a Medieval Market village ... but piratey.
It gives the pirates something to attack and something for the governors/imperial men to defend.
Napoleon
Archer

Post by Napoleon »

Woah, I can't believe you asked for the MMV-style port set! :oops: That is what my next addition is going to be! :)