Collectible Minifigures Series Two

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Re: Collectable Minifigures Series Two

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Blueandwhite wrote:This is actually why a limit makes perfect sense. Given that LEGO is a children's toy, providing wealthy adults with the opportunity to buy an unlimited number of these figures helps ensure that the target demographic is yet again left out in the cold. The bar codes already make it nearly impossible for a young child to walk into a store and acquire a Spartan by blindly rummaging through the box. Purchase limits are likely in place to prevent adult collectors from ruining the experience for younger buyers.
I understand and generally agree with your statement but I also believe that the onus is on the company to produce enough of a product if they really want to make sure their target consumer isn't left out in the cold. I also think it's the AFOL that is putting so much emphasis on the spartan, I've been shopping for figs three times with kids around and what they were really looking for was surfers, vampires, witches and weightlifter. Of course what is popular is a often a regional thing but that's what the kids in my LEGO store and Wal-Mart were looking for. It totally blew me away to hear what they were looking for.

The collectifigs are an interesting look into some of the workings of TLG. If they can produce and sell a single minifig with exclusive printing, new elements or elements not seen in production sets for an MSRP of $2 it makes me, and a lot of other AFOLs, think that I'd/they'd be willing to pay another $2+/-* per retail set to get a couple more minifigs.

*I'm imagining that of the $2 for a collectifig, 15%-20% of the cost is all the packaging, shipping and that black baseplate. Just a guess.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
porschecm2
Councilor

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series Two

Post by porschecm2 »

Target is now stocking Series 2 figs in the Halloween aisle.

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

porschecm2 wrote:Target is now stocking Series 2 figs in the Halloween aisle.
It is also worthy to note that they are only $2 at Target as opposed to $3 at TRU and there is no limit. At least where I looked, they are also not in the standard boxes, but just loose on the shelf and it took me a few minutes to find them. I went to two different Targets tonight after work. One had already been cleaned out, the other had maybe 15 or so figs left. I managed to find 4 of the remaining 7 I need for a complete set.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

My, by proxy, haul:

2 Skiers
4 Mexicans
1 Witch
1 Pharaoh
1 Pamela Anderson
1 Disco Man
2 Karate Men
1 Surfer
1 Spartan

Anyone want to trade for a few mexicans?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I thought I'd let you all know that Target just bumped the price of the Minifigure Series Two in the Halloween department to $2.99.
They were (still) out of stock, but they were resetting the prices and they told me that this should be a company wide price change.
Booooooo.

So LEGO.Com is still the best price option, if not the best way for a selection.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Count Blacktron wrote:I thought I'd let you all know that Target just bumped the price of the Minifigure Series Two in the Halloween department to $2.99.
Are the polybag Atlantis & World Racer sets still 2.99$?
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Username wrote:
Count Blacktron wrote:I thought I'd let you all know that Target just bumped the price of the Minifigure Series Two in the Halloween department to $2.99.
Are the polybag Atlantis & World Racer sets still 2.99$?
Yes they are.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

I found some at Target today as well and can also confirmed that they're now $2.99 :?
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

I had to stop at Walmart tonight on my way home from a meeting and the toy pallet that was going to be put out tonight had been pulled from the back. On it was a case of figs. I almost missed it because of the different style box from what I have seen.

I went ahead and got them all because there are 4 other people that I am buying sets for other than myself. Plus I have a few scouts that I work with that got burned by Lego when they ordered 5 from series 1. It is a set of twins that that saved and ordered 5 and when they got them there were 4 ninjas and one of something else.

There were 121 in the display 14 spots with 8 bags and 1 with 9 bags. I am of the opinion that there should have been 15 sets of 8.

Here is the break down

Weightlifter.......12
Explorer............8
Mime...............13
Disco Man..........4
Cop..................7
Pharaoh............3
Lifeguard..........11
Mariachi...........10
Ringmaster........7
Martial Artist......5
Diva.................4
Witch...............4
Skier................10
Surfer..............6
Dracula.............8
Spartan.............9

Hope this helps
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Merlin of Lego wrote:I had to stop at Walmart tonight on my way home from a meeting and the toy pallet that was going to be put out tonight had been pulled from the back. On it was a case of figs. I almost missed it because of the different style box from what I have seen.

I went ahead and got them all because there are 4 other people that I am buying sets for other than myself. Plus I have a few scouts that I work with that got burned by Lego when they ordered 5 from series 1. It is a set of twins that that saved and ordered 5 and when they got them there were 4 ninjas and one of something else.

There were 121 in the display 14 spots with 8 bags and 1 with 9 bags. I am of the opinion that there should have been 15 sets of 8.

Here is the break down

Weightlifter.......12
Explorer............8
Mime...............13
Disco Man..........4
Cop..................7
Pharaoh............3
Lifeguard..........11
Mariachi...........10
Ringmaster........7
Martial Artist......5
Diva.................4
Witch...............4
Skier................10
Surfer..............6
Dracula.............8
Spartan.............9

Hope this helps
Two things:
1. Just the facts, ma'am, and
2. What?
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Count Blacktron wrote:2. What?
WalMart has a different type of display case than other stores. The LEGO stores and Toys R Us (possibly Target too?) all have a single box of 60, but WalMart has more of a vertical display with small nooks for groups of minifigs. I saw a picture, and I think it's something like 5 rows, 3 columns for the WalMart displays. Anyway, he's saying that he found one of these displays at WalMart, bought the whole thing, and is reporting the breakdown of figures.

DaveE
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

davee123 wrote: WalMart has a different type of display case than other stores.
I stumbled across this totally by accident at Walmart. I took a different route than usually to the Lego aisle, through housewares, and there it was on an end cap. Still $1.99, too.
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, Merlin of Lego.

So it seems like the Pharaoh is the most difficult to find? Has that been the case across the board?

I ask because I haven't been able to find one, so just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same....
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

SevFalcon wrote: So it seems like the Pharaoh is the most difficult to find? Has that been the case across the board?

I ask because I haven't been able to find one, so just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same....

Not for me. I've got five of them without even trying.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I found a couple, but it took a lot of looking.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]