Collectible Minifigures Series Two

Discussion of general LEGO topics
kibosh
Apprentice

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series Two

Post by kibosh »

SevFalcon wrote:Thanks for the detailed breakdown, Merlin of Lego.

So it seems like the Pharaoh is the most difficult to find? Has that been the case across the board?

I ask because I haven't been able to find one, so just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same....
I agree the Pharaohs are tough to find. In the box I bought at Target, I only got one. In the big case I looked through, I only found 2 out of 120 bags.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I agree the Pharaohs are tough to find. In the box I bought at Target, I only got one. In the big case I looked through, I only found 2 out of 120 bags.
This both surprises and pleases me. First, with the insanity of people hoarding the Spartan, I didn't think many had recognized just how yummy the Pharaoh was. For the record, he is my favorite of this series and the one I am stockpiling but quietly. Third, well I didn't have any problem getting my hands on the number of them that I wanted which was 8. I didn't go out of my way to get them either. I suspect their pricing on BL can't be as high as it is for the Spartan. Last time I checked the lowest prices for Spartans were in the $5-$8 range...which...hey if they can get that money for them...more power to them.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Vycoul22
Villein

Post by Vycoul22 »

kibosh wrote:
davee123 wrote: WalMart has a different type of display case than other stores.
I stumbled across this totally by accident at Walmart. I took a different route than usually to the Lego aisle, through housewares, and there it was on an end cap. Still $1.99, too.
Wait, what? Housewares?! you mean like bowls and cutlery? Our, furniture and and vacuums? I looked around Wal-mart for at least one hour last night and I didn't find any minifigures. :cry:
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people may appear bright until they open their mouths.
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

Vycoul22 wrote:
kibosh wrote:
davee123 wrote: WalMart has a different type of display case than other stores.
I stumbled across this totally by accident at Walmart. I took a different route than usually to the Lego aisle, through housewares, and there it was on an end cap. Still $1.99, too.
Wait, what? Housewares?! you mean like bowls and cutlery? Our, furniture and and vacuums? I looked around Wal-mart for at least one hour last night and I didn't find any minifigures. :cry:
I found them in the aisle with the plastic storage tubs.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I found two standard cases in the Super Target off the i75 in Knoxville TN last night. They were on the grocery side of the building near the snacks and candy. Looked through for "what I need" with my handy-dandy printed barcodes while the beautiful wife confirmed the identities with her Droid barcode app. Spartans, Pharoahs, Mimes, Mexicans, Disco Dudes, Vampires, Witches and Surfers! wOOt!
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
TheBohrok
Artisan

Post by TheBohrok »

Went to TRU yesterday and they had two picked-over boxes. Got a few of the ones I'm missing, but there were no Pharaohs or Spartans in either box. I've already got a pharaoh, but someone I know wants their own. Oh, well, maybe eventually.
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

Are more and more people finding these at Wal-mart? Or is Target, TRU and S@H still the main source for these?
kibosh
Apprentice

Post by kibosh »

I found one at Walmart, and had issues at two others. I took an empty wrapper with me, and scanned it at these stores, and the price came up. I asked employees for help, but when they looked in the computer, they said it was marked as "no mod" and said it means it does not have a dedicated location. I assume that stands for no module. So, these could be ANY where in the store. Explains why I found them by th storage tubs.
KarenJ
Foot Soldier

Post by KarenJ »

I found the Wal Mart figs in the toy dept, nowhere near the Lego aisle but by the back wall of toys, on an end cap, near the party favor/plastic snake/super ball/ etc area. Totally random.
Didn't get a spartan, but got a pharaoh.

When I went back, the dude with the scanner tried to check inventory for me but there was no bar code on the hanging display box.

Got plenty of ringmasters, though. I'd say I got more ringmasters than any other except Mexicans. I love the Mexicans!
Karen

Left dark ages Jan '07