Forest lookout

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
giellsworoth
Serf

Forest lookout

Post by giellsworoth »

This is one of my first MOC's. The lion knights have established a lookout tower in the forest. I'm looking for comments and suggestions on how to better my builds. Thank you!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20576337@N00/
-George-
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re: Forest lookout

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

For me, better lighting and shooting with a white background should make your MOC standout more. On the MOC I like the general layout; tower, cooking campfire, a tent for sleep and dark green plates for grass. The base of your MOC could be a bit thicker which would make the MOC as a whole more sturdy.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Blego7
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Blego7 »

The slanted pillars is a nice touch as is the foliage down below. ^Agreed though, a better background and pictures might be in order but its a great start.
rgurskey
Laborer

Post by rgurskey »

You might try adding a brick built tree. I find that LEGO trees are just too small to convey a true forest.
How many [url=http://www.librarything.com/catalog/rgurskey]books[/url] do you own?
giellsworoth
Serf

Post by giellsworoth »

Unfornately the the room is painted blue, and the room doesn't have good lighting. So maybe stratigally placing a lamp somewhere.
Tower of Iron Will wrote:The base of your MOC could be a bit thicker which would make the MOC as a whole more sturdy.
What do you mean thicker? like the pillars further apart?
Blego7 wrote:The slanted pillars is a nice touch as is the foliage down below.
I can't take full credit for this, i got the idea from Gringots bank in the Diagon Alley set, but i thought it would work great for a lookout tower. Thanks for the comments!
-George-
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I believe Tower meant thicker as in bulkier-wider. Personally I feel the size of the pillars/supports is fine.

In regards to the blue wall in the background, a piece of poster board or one of those project boards (like students attach assignments for a presentation to) work good to replace a cluttered background or one that has a color that is ill-suited to provide the proper contrast. One could also use a white bedsheet as well. Poster board is usually cheap, under a dollar and the project boards vary a little depending upon size and what it's made but I've seen them from $4 to $10.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.