CCCIX Misc Entry - San Kastel

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

CCCIX Misc Entry - San Kastel

Post by shmails »

This is an entry into the Misc. Category in the CCCIX and is the first part of a story I hope to continue throughout the contest.

THE MEETING AT SAN KASTEL

San Kastel, or the Oasis Keep, was built around an existing oasis and was meant as a rest stop on the way to and from the Crusades. Now it is used as the Crown Kings' retreat.

On this occasion, the King has summoned his most loyal Lords to discuss the intrusion of two new factions into their territory. With all of the focus taken up by the Vikings, Orcs, Bear Claw Clan, and other barbarians, the King has allowed these new factions to gain a foothold in the land that he once ruled supreme.

A radical new idea is proposed while jesting by the pool that may change everything!

Larger pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31157752@N ... 321690379/

Enjoy!
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Re: CCCIX Misc Entry - San Kastel

Post by soccerkid6 »

Very nicely built Castle! I really like how much detail you put into a rather small building. I look forward to seeing more entries from you.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Firstly, nice pun :P . Secondly, this is amazingly detailed for something it's size. It does a good job of conveying the feeling of abstract decadence. I love the windows, though I'm not quite sold on the rooftop garden. I look forward to the rest of the story, and good luck in the contest.
Back to the front!
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Thanks everyone! The rooftop garden is the oasis that they removed from the ground level when they made the keep. This keep is deep into the desert, and it is a little too hot inside on a day to day basis.
rapsmocs
Villein

Post by rapsmocs »

I like the recessed doors and windows and done nicely without arches. Nice contrast. The windows are different as well. Good job!
Hrvoje
Villein

Post by Hrvoje »

Seriously, is anyone besides me going to build vignettes for this category?

Your castle is beautyfull, and I love the idea about Oasis. Nice job.
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I've enjoyed your Bear Claw Clan theme in the past and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this next. I think my favorite part is the fountain with the water streaming out of the castle and the bubbles. Good luck in the contest!
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Hrvoje wrote:Seriously, is anyone besides me going to build vignettes for this category?

Your castle is beautyfull, and I love the idea about Oasis. Nice job.
It is called the Colossal Castle Contest! :wink: Thanks!

Don't worry nanuck, the story is heavily based around the Bear Claw Clan, the next entry should give more info. Thanks!