^ Thanks guys. That was good fun and I'm stoked to win against such strong opposition. As one Outlaw has commented - "I'll give it to Loreos, they are the Kings of ship manufacturing."And now I have a special announcement - Our Noble Faction Overseer, Mark of Falworth, has granted me the honour of hosting the next Local Contest. I can see you're all itching to get building, so without further ado, I now announce LC VII open...
Loreos. The land of the sun.
Stretching for countless miles, the Great Loreesi deserts are an intimidating an obstacle as the highest of the Garheim peaks, the densest of the Lenfald forests, or the most stinky of the outlaw swamps. Many an outlaw has melted and Garheimian boiled in their boots trying to cross their vast shimmering expanses. Lenfels survive through the hospitality of their Loreesi friends, which is matched only in warmth by the sun. But how do the Loreesi survive?
To your character, the desert is like a second mother and survival is second nature. For this challenge, create a build showing your character quenching their thirst. It could be in a rowdy tavern, or an elegant coffee house, or beside a deep cool well, or in an Eden-like oasis.
Alternative Scenario for those all at sea - Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.
In the last challenge we saw our heroes set sail. I'd hate to get in the way of a good adventure, so if your story is now taking place on the high seas, then you are still in need of something to drink. Show your character obtaining their daily moisture at sea. Be it from well prepared rations, or an ingenious method of extracting it from the seascape around them.Rules
1. To enter you need to be a loyal member of the Loreos faction in LCC with a completed CIC. If you need to get this done go here http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21688"%20rel="nofollow">www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21688
2. Your build must be built of Lego. Custom string, cloth, stickers and a smattering of custom arms and armour are allowed.
3. Your build must show your LCC character and the Loreesi colours must be proudly flown - feel free to come up with an ingenious way of doing this.
4. Everyone loves a good accompanying story.
5. There is no size requirement or restriction. But bear in mind quality beats quantity and a minfig holding a cup (with nothing else) is not going to be seen as sufficient effort.
6. Your build must be posted in this thread by 31st October 2012, High Noon London time (that will be 11pm Sydney, 4pm Moscow, 1pm Paris, 8am New York and 5am LA)*.
7. The winner will be decided by public vote. In the event of an inconclusive vote I shall decide the winner (I'm not entering).
8. All participants making a suitable effort will receive 2 points and become eligible for their very own piece of Loreos. Just for joining in, I will send you a free parts pack from which you can build this mini oasis.
To get the prize you will need to send me a private message (pm) with an address. If you are a minor, please ask your parents if it's ok to give out an address. We don't want anyone getting in trouble, especially me! - Your address will only be used for sending this out and no record will be kept of it. Packs will be sent out after the competition finishes and the pm's then deleted. Royal Mail worldwide delivery is included in the prize. If you don't pm me an address, I'll assume you don't want any freebies and are only here for the glory - (my wallet salutes you). There is a limited number of mini sets available, but this exceeds the number of current Loreesi members. To ensure time for a high standard of building, existing members will be guaranteed a set. And all remaining sets will be allocated on a merit basis.
9. The winner will receive a whopping 6 points and the mini oasis if you wish. In addition you will receive the adulation and envy of all others, at least until the next LC.
Good luck and remember, you are building for the Glory of Loreos.
*I've just realised that I didn't check the closing date with Mark, so he may wish to amend this. I will make clear if he does!
EDIT - Mark has agreed the end date
- good I didn't want to work out all those times again - with daylight savings it was hard!