Theed Palace Chamber (Interior pics added 9/29)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
ACPin
Reeve

Theed Palace Chamber (Interior pics added 9/29)

Post by ACPin »

Click this for more interior pics...

Click this for more exterior pics...

It's been a long time but I finally managed to get the pics for it. Maybe if I take away all the SW minifigs and replace them with castle minifigs, then it could pass as a fantasy castle of sorts. Enjoy!

AC
Last edited by ACPin on Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

Very cool indeed :D

Too bad the pictures are all so small :|
Whatever you do, don't.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

It's cool, but I agree the pics are small.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: Theed Palace Chamber

Post by LEGOFREAK »

ACPin wrote: Maybe if I take away all the SW minifigs and replace them with castle minifigs, then it could pass as a fantasy castle of sorts. Enjoy!
Very Nice AC.
I like the looks of this a lot. I wouldnt classify it as a "castle" fantasy or not, but a true Palace. :D
Now maybe if you put an emperor and empress and some foppish nobles hanging about.... :D

Freak
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Very well detailed. You've obviously spent hours on this. I'd love to see it repopulated with decadent medieval figs.
ACPin
Reeve

Post by ACPin »

Teup wrote:Very cool indeed :D

Too bad the pictures are all so small :|
Thanks. I'm not sure if you're referring to the bottom pics which are just thumbnails that you click on to view the larger pic on another window. It should show the pic which is the same size as the main pic shown on the page. If that's not the case and you're actually referring to the size of the main pic, all pics have been resized for faster downloading and also saves bandwidth. It is much bigger as you can see compared to the minifigs.
Luís wrote:It's cool, but I agree the pics are small.
Thanks and see my previous response about the pics.
LEGOFREAK wrote:
ACPin wrote: Maybe if I take away all the SW minifigs and replace them with castle minifigs, then it could pass as a fantasy castle of sorts. Enjoy!
Very Nice AC.
I like the looks of this a lot. I wouldnt classify it as a "castle" fantasy or not, but a true Palace. :D
Now maybe if you put an emperor and empress and some foppish nobles hanging about.... :D

Freak
I've used as a reference one of the DK books on TPM which shows the Theed structures that were based on actual palaces. There's probably just a few things that I have to modify like the lamp posts to give a true castle feel. Thanks.
Formendacil wrote:Very well detailed. You've obviously spent hours on this. I'd love to see it repopulated with decadent medieval figs.
It took over a month doing this a couple of hours at night and the design was based on a previous moc Theed Palace Hallway.

I'm planning to do just that but it will have to wait awhile since I've got the work table filled up with a SW moc.

AC
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

this looks awesome man! After you put some castle guys in it and change a few things you could have a medieval place of sorts(maybe?) Post pics with castle guys in the moc.
Space rocks.
TheCastle
Peasant

good job

Post by TheCastle »

yeah its not really a castle but it is medievily reallated and the archy on that is wicked. here is many Tan castle/buildings at the moment and you have done a great job of it.
The Castle
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

This is a very nice set, and with a bit of touchy up here and there I believe you can set up a palace with medieval feel.
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
ACPin
Reeve

Post by ACPin »

forester3291 wrote:this looks awesome man! After you put some castle guys in it and change a few things you could have a medieval place of sorts(maybe?) Post pics with castle guys in the moc.
I do intend to mod this to give it a true castle feel complete with the minifigs. But it will take sometime to do it and I'll post when it's done.
Man of Iron wrote:I agree with LEGOFREAK in saying that the palace doesn't really classify as castle. I think it looks more like a large Victorian house. But anyway, I think ACPin did a really nice job. :)
Yeah, it not a castle per se but leaning more on the palatial structures. Thanks.
TheCastle wrote:yeah its not really a castle but it is medievily reallated and the archy on that is wicked. here is many Tan castle/buildings at the moment and you have done a great job of it.
Thanks a lot! Good thing I got several UCS Yodas on sale to build it.
MaxiVisVires wrote:This is a very nice set, and with a bit of touchy up here and there I believe you can set up a palace with medieval feel.
Yes, in due time it will be done.

AC
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Excellent! I envy those with bricks to do this. The detail is subtle, but we Legoers can deeply appreciate the difficulties involved. It may not be striclty castle, but I'm glad you showed us.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Master Blobicus
Apprentice

Post by Master Blobicus »

Too bad the pictures are all so small

Looks cool, but I can't see it that well
could you tell me before you go back in time, I was talking to a robe on the coat rack for 20 minuets before I releized you left!
ACPin
Reeve

Post by ACPin »

The Blue Knight wrote:Excellent! I envy those with bricks to do this. The detail is subtle, but we Legoers can deeply appreciate the difficulties involved. It may not be striclty castle, but I'm glad you showed us.
Thanks and that's why I stockpile when the clearance sales are on. In this case the UCS Yodas were BOGO 50% off.
Master Blobicus wrote:Too bad the pictures are all so small

Looks cool, but I can't see it that well
There's more pics of the interior added to show the details.

AC
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Awesome new interior pics man! They add to the coolnes of the moc.
Space rocks.