A Long Overdue Farewell

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
Daimyo
Squire

A Long Overdue Farewell

Post by Daimyo »

Ladies (the very few of you) and Gents,
When I joined Classic Castle.com in February 2004, I had the intention of staying here forever, indulging in the Roleplay, drooling over fantastic MOCs, and socializing with those who shared the same interests as me.
Those days are over.
Ever since school started back (which normally would not hinder my fervent dedication to the roleplay and site,) I have been steadily drifting away from the people and things here, and the entire LEGO community in general. During this school year I have matured extensively, risen the ranks to become one of the most popular people in the school, made new friends, and found the self-image I am most comfortable with.
I have uncovered the mythic, mystical and prophetic poetry of Jim Morrison, philosophers such as Nietzchse and other Germanic contemptaries of the 1800s. I have found contempt in the self-appointed figure of authority, become angered by bloated greedy individuals who abuse power. I have become increasingly rendered speechless by the impulsive and flawed decisions made by the government.
I don't wanna sound crazy. I'm no teenage semi-anarchist filled with angst.
But this site no longer fits me, and I it.
So I must say, farewell.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Well, farewell thee...
Although I have a few things to say: The things you listed above don't really have changing power on Lego love, well maybe except for the maturity. Being 17 and a populer kid in the high school, I see no reason to leave something that I enjoy behind. But well, this's Turkey and Us may work in a different way. Maybe Lego is seen as a symbol of nerdism or something there, I really don't know. Well, you've made your choice, so walk away ye boy, walk away ye bow, and by morning you'll be free :D(I just felt like singing some Irish songs )

-Yankı
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: A Long Overdue Farewell

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Daimyo wrote:Ladies (the very few of you) and Gents,
When I joined Classic Castle.com in February 2004, I had the intention of staying here forever, indulging in the Roleplay, drooling over fantastic MOCs, and socializing with those who shared the same interests as me.
Those days are over.
Ever since school started back (which normally would not hinder my fervent dedication to the roleplay and site,) I have been steadily drifting away from the people and things here, and the entire LEGO community in general. During this school year I have matured extensively, risen the ranks to become one of the most popular people in the school, made new friends, and found the self-image I am most comfortable with.
I have uncovered the mythic, mystical and prophetic poetry of Jim Morrison, philosophers such as Nietzchse and other Germanic contemptaries of the 1800s. I have found contempt in the self-appointed figure of authority, become angered by bloated greedy individuals who abuse power. I have become increasingly rendered speechless by the impulsive and flawed decisions made by the government.
I don't wanna sound crazy. I'm no teenage semi-anarchist filled with angst.
But this site no longer fits me, and I it.
So I must say, farewell.
Farewell, then. Will you be selling your LEGO?

Though honestly, it sounds like you are accusing the rest of us of being immature, unpopular, blindly government-loving, non-poet reading, lacking in self-image persons who play with childish toys that you have outgrown.

Ah well, each to his own, I guess.

Regarding the RP: Do I have your permission to auto your characters, or do you want them Frozen, Killed or Retired?

Again, farewell.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Perhaps I sounded a little wooden above.

No, I'm not walking away from LEGO; I still enjoy and love it, but I am no longer compelled to do anything with it. I'm out of it.
No, I wasn't putting all of you down. Some of the best people I have ever known dwell here at C-C... some of the worst people I have ever known dwell here as well. But I am moving on, for two reasons other than the ones mentioned above.
1. I feel I have made a sufficient impact on the Roleplay, even if it is not widely recognized or praised so much as that of Nathan or Nik's.
2. I don't think I was really popular around here anyway, with my farewell being answered with "Are you going to sell your lego?"
I appreciate everything. I like all of you. I really like some of you. But I'm too different from what I was long ago, and I no longer have interest in this site or really LEGO. If something rekindles my fervor, perhaps I may return.

Nate, as for my characters, I will settle that when I post my Roleplay farewell post.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

-The Doors

Been there, done all that. Try to enjoy your "angry young man popular kids don't play with kid's toys" years. Those of us who enjoyed The Doors when Morrison was actually alive will welcome you back when you really mature. :wink:

Teasing aside, everyone makes transitions in life, and I wish your the best in yours. Just remember the golden rule: DON'T sell your LEGO, or leave it in your mom's garage ('cause she will sell it for you when you aren't looking).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Well, see you Daimyo, sorry if I screwed up Radjar, it's my fault that he isn't King anymore, it's my fault that Rosa left him, actually I totally screwed him up. if it's anyting good for you, he's at Hemlock.

About your goodbye, I have that kind of things to, I'm 14 years old, pretty popular, I have many friends, but they don't bother at all that I still have LEGO. i understand your point, you're 4 years older than me, but, ah whatever, whom I kidding, you ain't comin' back. :(

BYE!!! :cry:
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Sir Drake wrote:Well, see you Daimyo, sorry if I screwed up Radjar, it's my fault that he isn't King anymore, it's my fault that Rosa left him, actually I totally screwed him up. if it's anyting good for you, he's at Hemlock.

About your goodbye, I have that kind of things to, I'm 14 years old, pretty popular, I have many friends, but they don't bother at all that I still have LEGO. i understand your point, you're 4 years older than me, but, ah whatever, whom I kidding, you ain't comin' back. :(

BYE!!! :cry:
I didn't know he wasn't king anymore... but things will return, I sure. I have read your posts and you certainly do him justice. Keep giving him edge, nobility, gallantry, and warrior fierceness.
I will return someday.

Of our elaborate plans, The End
Of everything that stands, The End
No safety or suprise, The End
I'll never look into your eyes again.
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

Well bye for now, i know you will return to this place someday. And when you once get old you ill have something to tell your grandkids.

I would have vritten you a poem but its in Norwegian ang hard to translate (i made it)

Bye for now. Erik
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
You are special,
We'll miss you! :P
Have fun being Mr. popular, and don't sell your legos!
So long farewell
(Some Austrian word) Goodbye!
Goodbye!(With a lower tone) :lol:
You know, the Sound of Music song.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Woa, dude. I leave, you leave. Looks like it's begining to be a trend. Well, not quite. I still love LEGO though.

Back on topic: I hope you fare well in whatever you do. Just rememer, the Force will always be with you. :)

Farewell my good friend.
Space rocks.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I'm sorry to see you go man.

I know how you feel, I too had to give up LEGO for time restrictions for a while. Highschool life is can be quite busy, even for the nerds like me. :wink:

I hope that you will keep in your mind LEGO and that maybe someday you will come back.

If I were you, I'd let a younger sibiling or cousin be the steward of your collection, mabye you can help plant the seeds for their AFOLdom. Or just tuck them away in an easy to reach place...just in case you get the urge to build.

I await your return friend,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Sounds like the symptoms of Advanced Dark Age Onset, or ADAO. Treatment includes in indulgning your youthful pursuits while they still have appeal (and believe me Mr. Popularity, it will wear off in time), retaining all legos in a safe place, and avoidance of excessive Nihilism. Prognosis; You'll grow out of it. Some of us have been through this before, ADAO will moderate over time.

And don't worry, Morrison can make sense to anyone, until you mature more than he did. You will "Break on through" and gain Dark Age Remission, AKA rediscovery of FOL status. Contact a physician should your brain squirm like a toad.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Been there, done all that. Try to enjoy your "angry young man popular kids don't play with kid's toys" years. Those of us who enjoyed The Doors when Morrison was actually alive will welcome you back when you really mature. Wink
I couldn't have said it any better myself... heh heh heh... funny how it's only after you've left something like lego and lived in the "real world" (especially the working world) do you realize how important and cool something like Lego truly is... :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Not particularly good at conveying emotions and suchlike, I'll say goodbye.

Anyways, while I do recognise your points, I have never been at a point where I've considered LEGO a "lifestyle" or even a "hobby"*, and I don't really see why acceptance in a higher rung of the social ladder would require you to abandon LEGO, as it is a "hobby", and that is where I assume it stays. I myself would rather keep with what I do, rather than drop it all for social acceptance.
(hoping that makes sense!:D)

Those of us who enjoyed The Doors when Morrison was actually alive will welcome you back when you really mature.
I enjoyed Apocalypse Now, does that count? :D

*sweet Games Workshop. Sweeeeeeeeet Games Workshop...
Aviah102
Laborer

Post by Aviah102 »

WOW. Moving up on the social ladder? Sounds like that social group is a little to cool for the lego world. I do not know you, but i also do not know why you felt it necessary to explain all the philosophies that have made you a new person. It seems that with this farewell and introduction to a new you, you have passed a bad image on the people who are still interested in lego. I do not appreciate it, but maybe i read the message wrong. Oh well, farewell. Good luck finding yourself.