Do you like the Shadow Knights?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Yes, I like the Shadow Knights. I have about 70 of them and grouped together as an army, they look good. One of the better factions of the last 10 years.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
wizardnoob28
Apprentice

Post by wizardnoob28 »

wlister wrote:Yes, I like the Shadow Knights. I have about 70 of them and grouped together as an army, they look good. One of the better factions of the last 10 years.

Will
how did you get 70?????? :shock:
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

A two part question, a two part answer:

1) I do really like the Shadow Knights. They're one of the major reasons I don't totally hate the KK2 series (the other reasons being lots of armour for me to paint, and new visors).
As a new faction, the Shadow Knights are even cooler, and it would be nice to see variations on them, as someone else mentioned, but it's not totally necessary. But I only have about 5 or 6, simply because they come so few to a set.

2) I do like Vladek, except for his lame sword. The truly evil-looking Knight has been conspicuously absent from LEGO for the entire life of Castle (the Bat Lord was close, but he was more anti-heroish than evil). If the Shadow Knights redeemed KK2 - then Vladek made it worth buying. I have, two or three Vladeks, I can't remember. And I just love him. The quintessential Evil Knight.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Shadow knights are very cool. One of my favorite factions. I like them for all the positive reason that have already been mentioned. I only have two Shadow Knights, but I do plane to get more. I also own two Vladek's but I could really take him or leave him, you know.
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I like them too. I really like the helmet. And I think the coloring is really good for a bad guy. I have 6 I believe. And after having discussed them with another, I can't seem to get the vision of them vs the noble Black Falcons out of my head.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Graynar wrote: By the way: how did you guys get so many Shadow knights?
Chess sets :wink:

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Zinje
Serf

Post by Zinje »

kingkastle wrote:As for the Elite Shadow Knights I kinda like em, sure they look a little fat but I think this adds to the heavy armament look that they should have seeing how they are wearing heavy armor.
What do the elite shadow knights look like?
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

Zinje wrote:
kingkastle wrote:As for the Elite Shadow Knights I kinda like em, sure they look a little fat but I think this adds to the heavy armament look that they should have seeing how they are wearing heavy armor.
What do the elite shadow knights look like?
The ones with the speckled armor.
Zinje
Serf

Post by Zinje »

This one?

Shadow Knight

I thought it was a custom paint job hehe.
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

Zinje wrote:This one?

Shadow Knight

I thought it was a custom paint job hehe.
Nope. 3 come with Vladek's Dark Fortress, 1 (without armor) comes with the new 8802 castle wall, and the Vikings use the armor/axe aplenty.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

JoshWedin wrote:
Graynar wrote: By the way: how did you guys get so many Shadow knights?
Chess sets :wink:

Josh
Looks like Josh answered your question for me. :D I also bought 25 from a store on bricklink for less than $1.50 each. I believe I have mentioned the store a few times and this is not a Buy/Sell/Trade topic. Besides he's not selling full figs anymore.

I'll take some pics on Monday.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Tristram
Laborer

Post by Tristram »

I'm happy with my two Shadow Knights. If I get more KK sets, then all the better.

One of the reasons they appeal to me is the face. Until I got the King's Siege Tower, ALL of my knights had the classic smiley face only. I love that happy face, but the facial expressions on the new Lego mini-figs are very animated.

The helmet rocks, as does the basic color scheme. Add the classic weapon and cool scorpion on the chest, and I think this is a winner of a mini-fig.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I have about 7 shadow Knights and 5 Vladeks... I can't wait to get more of them too. Although I'm not fond of the good vs. evil storyline, I LOVE the evil faction that storyline has created (kind of ironic, heh?).

They are >almost< my favorite faction.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I like the Shadow Knights. They make for a good army of Hyksos, imo.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Zee
Villein

Post by Zee »

I like the fact that the Shadow Knights comes with black hands, makes the overall minifig looks very nice with them as gauntlets. I have 33 of them, with 24 coming from 3 Chess sets and the rest from other sets. The helmet is great together with the black euro armour for me to form up a heavy infantry unit. If the price is right, I sure wouldn't mind getting more of them. :D