Harry Parter...?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Harry Parter...?

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I was looking at the picture of the awesome new Harry Parter sets I was wondering; where was the Shreiking Shack? That looked like the best parts pack of the new sets! :(
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I'd like the new HP sets very much if the grey pieces would be useful. But they are new-coloured. Bad luck, TLC.

And the new flesh-coloured minifigs look just unnaturally. Minifigs never looked like actual men due to their proportions, but it used not to matter at all because it was clear that those figs were of a cartoonish "nature".
But now there is a blatant disaccord between the unrealistic form of the minifigs and the meant-to-be-human-like colour of their faces. Looking at the new figs I'm about to puke.

Bye
Jojo

Last edited by Jojo on Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

The new Hogwarts castle is.....beautuiful. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. I'm sure the back is all open to play in it but the front looks very solid, so all it will take is two copies of the set and you'll have an enclosed castle. Straight out of the box! Look at all the brown arched windows! There also doesn't seem to be too many BURPs and POOPs in it either. It looks as if there is a new castle door as well, to me it looks to be a 1x4x10 door with the boards running at a 45 degree angle. Two Dementors! It seem TLG is not going to be as cheap with those figs as we originaly thought.

Sirius Black's escape looks better than in the pics we saw before as well. Now that there is a Hyppogriff in it, it's definately not portraying his escape from Azkaban but his escape at the end of the movie.

I wonder if the large 10xxx Hogwarts train is going to be a retail set or a S@H exclusive?

Oh, and JoJo, I'll trade you straight across. Your peach hands and heads for yellow ones.;)*seriously*:D
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

the movies are great!! the sets are great!!
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

Looking at the new figs I'm about to puke.
Me too.
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

I have to say that I am inpressed with the HP sets. The piece sellection is great, arches, doors (NEW BROWN DOOR!!), windows, tan, gray (new ugg).... I could go on.

I also like the train sets. This might be a good way to bridge the gap between my wifes love of model trains and my love for legos. Not sure how to integrate it into my castle world, but I am sure I will be able to.

The (flying horse, name??) is most inpressive and will be a nice addition to the dragons, crocs, and other animals. All in all, Time to start watching the sales!!

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I agree with everyone who has stated they like the new Harry Potty sets. These are definately the best yet!

The new colors had caused me to state that I wouldn't buy any new sets. However, I think I'm going to buy a couple of these sets because they are so nicely designed....