Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: September 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

So fair well for now, see you all in a week.
I know you told me but I still wasn't prepared for it. Thats sucks for us but not for you two :wink:

Have a great time at camp guys!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Hello there

Now that it has been announced that Viking sets are avalible in the US, when will it be deemed appropiate to start RPing them?

Thanks

Nick
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

SavaTheAggie wrote:"But I don't even know who you are..." Barahm whimpered. The Wanderer wrapped his arms around him tightly.

"My name is Kullvox, Barahm, and I promise no one will ever hurt you."
:shock:

Dude...

That has got to be one of the best plot twists EVER!! Rock On!

I should have known it. One of my favorite CCRP characters turns out to be one of my favorite Ikros characters!

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:Now that it has been announced that Viking sets are avalible in the US, when will it be deemed appropiate to start RPing them?
Yup. :D

To everyone else: I think my comp is fixed for now, so I might be able to tackle those new characters soon.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:
Now that it has been announced that Viking sets are avalible in the US, when will it be deemed appropiate to start RPing them?

Yup.
Hmmm...shouldn't we be a bit careful when a new faction as big and as powerful as the Vikings is introduced? There needs to be a bit of fore-thought here, other than "Yup, start making tons of Viking guys to run a around Dametreos!" ( :wink: )

That is, unless, the "mystery army attacking the Dark Foresters is the Viking army? Or are they Ikrosians? Gosh, my head hurts....
SavaTheAggie wrote:"My name is Kullvox, Barahm, and I promise no one will ever hurt you."
:shock:

:o
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Sir Kohran wrote:
lemon_squeezer2 wrote:

Yup.
Hmmm...shouldn't we be a bit careful when a new faction as big and as powerful as the Vikings is introduced? There needs to be a bit of fore-thought here, other than "Yup, start making tons of Viking guys to run a around Dametreos!" ( :wink: )
From discussions me and Nate have had, this is an issue that is still a little runny, but we might be expecting a new map :)

KP 2011!
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

we might be expecting a new map
Aha! I was expecting that. I even brain stormed acouple ideas of what could be done 8)
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote:

Yup.
From discussions me and Nate have had, this is an issue that is still a little runny, but we might be expecting a new map :)
The map's changing nearly every month. Couldn't we just keep the old one, for now? Still, I suppose it is necessary, as both the Vikings and the Shadow Knights need accommodating within the lands.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:From discussions me and Nate have had, this is an issue that is still a little runny, but we might be expecting a new map :)
Actually, don't bother expecting a new map, because there won't be one. There might be a new, updated map, but nothing NEW. No new lands, etc.

I expect all of you have already seen Nick's new post. Nick and I had a long discussion about how to introduce the Vikings. The basic storyline is this: The Vikings live in a land far, far away that Dametreosians can not travel to, due to lack of navigational charts. A small band of Vikings set out in conquest searching for new lands, but they get caught in a horrible gale. They are thrown off-course and all their charts are washed overboard. Battered and confused, the Vikings land upon Girald's Island, where they build a colony. This will be the Vikings home port for Dametreos. Vikings will not be able to travel from their land to Dametreos, and Dametreosians can not travel to Viking land. Think of it as the relationship between Dametreos and Ikros, except even less accessible.

This was done to keep matters simple. I know some of you might be dissapointed, but I'd rather not spend months and months building up how to introduce the Vikings, and go through all the trouble of making an "expanded" map.

The Vikings are a strange faction. Treat them like a combination of the Ninjas (a LEGO theme based upon a real culture) and Pirates (a nomadic sea-faring faction). And please don't shove the Vikings into the "bad guy" category automatically. Also, please keep in mind the new MNPC rules while roleplaying with Vikings. The Vikings are a faction, and therefore "wars" are not allowed. However, raids and the such like are permissible.

As to the matter of the "Leader" of the Viking king, I have come to the conclusion is it best that there is no leader. There will be many clan leaders within this Viking theme, like there are many pirate captains in the Pirate faction. None of these clan leaders will be MNPCs.

One final note: Nick, please remember to include the location and grid number in your posts. It is especially vital for us to pinpoint where the Vikings have landed.

Thank you.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Thank you for making this clear Nate.

Regarding Girard's Isle, that is a little tricky considering that it is "off the map". It would be -C/12, encompassing an area roughly of 4 squares.

Additionally, my post was a starter post - anyone, feel free to continue this, and I will play along correspondingly.

KP 2011!
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

I must say that I really liked that post, lemon_squeezer2 ;)

And you even used a swedish word in it :D
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

lemon_squeezer2 wrote:Thank you for making this clear Nate.

Regarding Girard's Isle, that is a little tricky considering that it is "off the map". It would be -C/12, encompassing an area roughly of 4 squares.

Additionally, my post was a starter post - anyone, feel free to continue this, and I will play along correspondingly.
I think that, there are more people one the island than only Girard and a bunch of Viks (Vikings, that is, no Viktors :wink: ), some time ago, Greenfox' char setted off to the west, too, perhaps the isle could be so big that it even spans the place were Jarvick (?) and co are. l_q2 posts about the isle of Girard mentioned a tropic weather, ideal for sea dragons :D .
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Actually, don't bother expecting a new map, because there won't be one. There might be a new, updated map, but nothing NEW. No new lands, etc.
Thats good. My idea for Vikings would be a cluster of islands somewhere on the northern side of the map.
I always wanted to get into a misfits style adventure where there's no real planned out plot or anything. Besides we have to get this new faction going! I'll happily tag along in whatever adventures follow. :wink:

Name Norbrik Ogbriksson
Age 20
Background Norbrik was the son of Ogbrik Serpent Slayer. His father hunted the great serpents of their homeland for sport. One day Norbrik and Ogbrik with several others pursued Nidhogg the Dragon. As it turned out, dragons are harder then sea serpents. Nidhogg slew most the men in the hunting party, Norbrik was the only one to survive.
Faction Vikings
Equipment sword, oval shield, hunting knife
Place in Hierarchy warrior
Other Information n/a
Looks Young Anakin face, red chainmail torso, black legs, black bullet helm
Class Secondary

My knowledge on Viking culture is alittle rusty, tell me if I do anything wrong :wink:

EDIT: C's changed to K's :wink:
Last edited by TheOrk on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

TheOrk wrote: My knowledge on Viking culture is alittle rusty, tell me if I do anything wrong :wink:
I don´t think so... but they name sounds a bit strange ;)
But I like the fact that you hid the word brick in it :D
But in fact Scandinavia is one of the few places where the letter K is actually used so Norbrik Ogbriksson maybe would have been better...
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Sorry to double post.

Captain Nomouth, you should register your character(s) here first.

And welcome to C-C, and welcome to the CCRP ;)
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Maedhros wrote:Captain Nomouth, you should register your character(s) here first.
That is correct. I have deleted your post and await your proper registration.

Here is you post, for safe keeping:
G-13 somewhere in the norodorok mountains

"So William, do you think we should live here?" Ethan said as he and his horse William made they're way into a large cave "we could live here for quite some time and be rather happy. What with all the edible plants outside and the fresh water in that lake in the corner there, we won't have to go back to civilization until I'm ready to make my dramatic appearance as... Well, I guess as a person who lived in a cave for a while. Anyways, we should just stay here until either some adventure comes to us or things calm down a little in Dametros. We should probably make camp before it gets late"

Later that night...

Ethan has set up his camp and was preparing to go hunting, he pulled out his magic bow and his skinning knife from his pack, strapped on his sword, and walked out into the dark. After a few minutes of silently walking through the forest he heard a rustling sound to his right. Peering through the dark he realized it was a full-grown male elk, taller than William and twice as strong it would make a good few meals if it were smoked and dried. Silently Ethan pulled out his bow and notched an arrow. He pulled the string back ready to fire, when suddenly he heard a huge roar. The elk bolted and he turned to see an enormous dragon standing only a few yards away from him. The dragon was twenty feet tall, a dark sapphire blue and it's back was covered in razor sharp spikes, each one gleaming white in the moonlight, it's teeth were a sickly green color and it's breath smelled like his mother's compost heap. Sir Ethan let out a bloodcurdlingly girlish scream "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh" he was about to run for what little chance of life he had left when after giving a large roar of surprise the dragon dropped to the ground in a dead faint. Ethan just stood looking dumbstruck at the dragon. "It can’t be dead, can it?" he wondered aloud. Then he realized that it's sides where still gently rising and sinking with every foul breath. Then Ethan did the foolish thing and went in for a closer look, that's when he realized that the dragon had been eating a small pine. This dragon was no meat eater it was a vegetarian. That explained the green on his teeth and the smell of a compost heap.
After thinking over what had just happened Ethan came to the conclusion that the dragon was safe. He took his drinking horn and poured its contents onto the dragons face. It slowly came to, and started to speak. P-p-please don't kill me, I don’t eat meat "how interesting" Ethan commented, "It talks using its mind." Well of course I do, I can’t be expected to use my mouth to cook, eat and talk...