Vikings Sets On Sale NOW on Amazon.com USA!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Count Blockula
Villein

Vikings Sets On Sale NOW on Amazon.com USA!

Post by Count Blockula »

Castles are kinda' like big, non-electrical stone spaceships that don't fly. Plus, you can stick your head out the window and breathe, and your eyeballs won't explode.
Kanduu
Laborer

Post by Kanduu »

Cool, I had forgotten that Amazon and TRU were the same. I wonder if it'll be cheaper getting it online. Hmm Thanks for the post.
"Go Pokes!" :)
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

YAY!
They don't have the long boat yet, so I may wait to order. But they're here, and the price on the fortress is much better then I thought it would be. :)
Kanduu
Laborer

Post by Kanduu »

I just noticed this description of the Wyvern Dragon:

"The Vikings are in big trouble! A monstrous Kraken has gotten caught in their sea nets and threatens to destroy their ship. Can you help the brave heroes defend themselves against this undersea menace? 112 pieces."

Looks like someone forgot they changed the design :). The prices do look pretty good, I wonder if Lego has finally had enough competition (the high piece count on Vladek's castle is also good), to start lowering prices. I'll buy more if this is a trend.
"Go Pokes!" :)
wizardnoob28
Apprentice

Post by wizardnoob28 »

these vikings sets have awesome price to part ratios. the fortress is 69.99 for over 1,000 pieces!!
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

wizardnoob28 wrote:
the fortress is 69.99 for over 1,000 pieces
Hold up! 69.99 Canadian or American??
If it is Canadian I'm going to be very happy. Plus that's an awsome price for that set!

Graynar
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Graynar wrote:Hold up! 69.99 Canadian or American??
American. And even if you add the extra $20 that Canadian sets usually get, that's STILL a great price in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike! I'm still gonna bite the bullet and wait a bit longer until they're released at S@H. Then I can get them along with the HP sets and the chess set. :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Yay! Guess I'll swing by TRU tomorrow to see if they are on the shelves.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

Soooo tempting to buy.. only 70$ for all that stuff... mmm must... think... hmm...

*Breaks down* I want the Vikings!
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

$69 US for 1019 pieces. MADNESS!!!

That should be about $99.99 for us folks up in Canada. I can hardly wait. Its too bad LEGO doesn't make more sets like this. The Vikings line puts KKII to shame.

Later.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

At the current exchange rate... if it's the same as it was last time I checked -- the Viking fortress will be about 91 dollars Canadian.

Not a bad price.. but I still think upwards of 30 dollars MORE is ridiculous, especially for such closely-related countries. Oh well. I certainly won't pay 100 bucks for it, I just can't afford to feed that much cash into my LEGO hobby. I'll wait until I find it for a bit lower.

Either way, I'm still not sure if I like the Viking sets or not. I'll wait until I get the wyvern set I ordered. In any event, I do agree that it's nice to see LEGO being a bit more reasonable with their prices. Good deal.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
Bloody Jay
Foot Soldier

Post by Bloody Jay »

I'd just like to say that $70 for the fortress is pure madness, it's an incredible set (got two for $90 and still don't regret one cent of it). Prices these days are seriously fantastic all of a sudden...
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

Two sets for under a 100 dollars? I think anyone would consider that a good deal. But in all fairness, the actual price would make it 140 dollars or so for both sets. You get a discount?
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Thanks for posting that. The sets are cheaper than I thought. Even though there is only one I'm really interested in getting, which is the 9.99 one, I thought they'd cost more.

But, in all fairness, did we consider shipping?
It's a Christmas Miracle!
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Damien wrote:At the current exchange rate... if it's the same as it was last time I checked -- the Viking fortress will be about 91 dollars Canadian.

Not a bad price.. but I still think upwards of 30 dollars MORE is ridiculous, especially for such closely-related countries. Oh well. I certainly won't pay 100 bucks for it, I just can't afford to feed that much cash into my LEGO hobby. I'll wait until I find it for a bit lower.

Either way, I'm still not sure if I like the Viking sets or not. I'll wait until I get the wyvern set I ordered. In any event, I do agree that it's nice to see LEGO being a bit more reasonable with their prices. Good deal.
Alas, only if it were true :cry: !

We Canadians will end up having to pay at least $99 for that beauty. LEGO pricing has very little to do with the exchange rate. Much like Canadians are forced to pay higher gas prices, we also must endure higher comparative LEGO prices.

Take a look at pricing at LEGO.com

examples (using a current exchange rt. of 1.1749):

4504 (Millenium Falcon) $99.99 US - $149.99 Cdn (CDN price = $127.99 US) (LEGO rt = 1.500)
10030 (Star Destroyer) $299.99 US - $399.99 Cdn (CDN price = $340.445US) (LEGO rt = 1.333)
7344 (Dump Truck) $29.99 US - $39.99 Cdn (CDN price = $34.45US) (LEGO rt = 1.333)
8877 (Vladek's Castle) $99.99 US - $139.99 Cdn (CDN price = $119.150US) (LEGO rt. =1.400)
8874 (Battle Wagon) $19.99 US - $29.99 Cdn (Cdn price = $25.53) (LEGO rt. = 1.50)

As you can see, LEGO pricing has nothing to do with exchange rates. Heck, when Shop @ Home started using Cdn currency, the exchange rate was hovering arround 1.25, yet LEGO sets most of their prices at an exchange of about 1.40. As you can see, LEGO setting Canadian prices for Shop @ Home was the worst thing that ever happened to us Canadians (LEGO wise of course :wink: ). Like gas prices, we will always pay more for our bricks.