Rate my Bridge and Wagon

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
lego fanatic
Peasant

Rate my Bridge and Wagon

Post by lego fanatic »

hello it's me again with another one of my creations please rate them 1 out of 10 give your full opinion please i don't care if you don't like it i want to improve it.

Thanks
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=257755
Last edited by lego fanatic on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

I'd be happy to rate it for you Fanatic, but there's no links contained in this message.

[Edit - Okay, now there's a link but it's broken. :( ]

[2nd Edit - Okay the link is fixed, but the folder isn't yet public. Perhaps posting deeplinks directly to the images? Otherwise I'll have to wait until the folder is moderated. ]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Well, I am not crazy about the wings on the bridge, though it is interesting. Looks like you were just making a wooden bridge and may be hampered by a lack of brown. If this is the case then, good job! a creative solution to a common dilemma. :D
The cart on the bridge is excellent, simple yet effective. Looks very medieval.
The war chariot thing is ok, but I have to admit I really like the skeleton "nailed" to the wheels. very very cool detail.
Overall - 7
Details - 8
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I really like what you done with the wagon. 8/10
lego fanatic
Peasant

Post by lego fanatic »

thanks everyone for the reviews any more ppl???
Sir Lancelot
Villein

Post by Sir Lancelot »

Not to be overtly critical, but the war chariot seems somewhat unrealistic or well-made. On a good day I would give it a 6/10. The bridge and wagon are well-made, however, and would earn an 8/10.

P.S. Sorry about my high grading levels, but a 10 and even a 9 are both highly reserved ranks.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

These look great. I like the skeletons on the wheels of the wagon (nice touch). I like your bridge too, but the ‘hand rails’ look a little flimsy (but it is hard to tell just from a photo).

I will give them a rating:

Bridge: 6/10
Wagon: 6/10
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

Ready for some constructive critisism? :D

I have never been a fan of the "pony-ear" SNOT technique, there's something about it that always looks a little too flimsy for me. The bridge has a very nice run-down look to it but I advise that you stick to one shade of brown, I'm not loving those wing pieces here either. The rails attached by one stud isn't that sturdy looking. One final note on the bridge - that wolf pack guy must be pretty fit to haul that cart up those stairs ;)

The Skeleton's cart is very imaginitive but looks very unbalanced, especially with those huge viking wheels - do they appear in any other theme? Once again colour is an important consideration, & getting a consistant scheme would improve this model alot.

I like the handcart the best. It's simple in design & the most LEGO set / realistic looking out of the three. Once again though the colour scheme needs to be refined.

I am quite aware that it can be a drama trying to build in a strict colour scheme when you have limited elements. Been there all to often, it's the curse of LEGO no matter how huge your collection is. However I think an important decision is to weigh how much an MOC is going to suffer from poor colour co-ordination & then attempt to work around it.
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Good job, Fanatic! I am not sure about the bridge. As others have said, it looks very flimsy. However, the cart on it looks very nice. As to the chariet, I really like the way the archer is on the raised platform. However, I think the wheels look way to big to be realistic.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.