Fall of Constantinople-1453

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Fall of Constantinople-1453

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

Diorama about the Turkish siege of capital city of Constantinople. The Ottoman forces put pressure on the walls of Constantinople, great cannons bombarding the walls day and night, and troops trying to breach the walls. Defenders, both Byzantine and Geonese and Venetian Italiens push the limits of defending the city, tones of Greek fire being poured on whatever or whoever tries to cross the great walls. Details include custom troops, all being thought on, deadly cannons, greek fire and many more for you to find out..

Deeplink
Deeplink
Deeplink

Brickshelf Gallery
Mocpages New :!:
Flickr New :!:
Last edited by Ebu Deyyus on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Cool! Your figs are all pretty well detailed, and the MOC is full of some good action. That cannon is huge though... is that how big they were? Wow! :shock:

The walls look well-decorated, and quite imposing indeed. I also like the crumbling look you gave them where the cannon had struck. Good sense of chaos and action all at once.

I just read a fiction book that talked about the fall of Constantinople, so I enjoyed seeing your MOC come right as I finished it - good timing~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Very nice, one of the best I have seen yet!

P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Sir Fredric
Serf

Post by Sir Fredric »

I am lovin that cannon.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Excellent MOC. I love the huge cannon, as well as the solidity of the wall. A very imposing MOC.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I love the originality displayed in the Castle, the action is really awesome, I like all the different weapons, but I wish there was a little bit more uniformity when it came to how the figures looked.
doc069
Bailiff

Post by doc069 »

Well done.

At first I wasn't sure about the walls being so 'studdy', but after a second look, and a bit of imagination, they give the walls a textured look.

My favourite element is the fire pouring out onto the battle.

Lee
"Rules are for the obedience of fools. And the guidance of wise men (& women)." Sir David Ogilvy (1911-1999)
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

Thank you all for your kind comments! I am glad you liked it.
ottoatm wrote:Cool! Your figs are all pretty well detailed, and the MOC is full of some good action. That cannon is huge though... is that how big they were? Wow! :shock:
Yeah, the cannons were indeed very large,the largest of them 8 meters long, and with a diameter of 2,40 meters.(dont ask in inches or feet=))
..but I wish there was a little bit more uniformity when it came to how the figures looked.
You see, both armies consisted of many nations(defender;byzantines,italiens,catalans,cretans etc; attackers; turks,arabs,kurds,balkan nations) so it is hard to achieve an uniformity. Still i believe, with the helmets and caps i achieved a limited uniformity.
Last edited by Ebu Deyyus on Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Man, that's one huge cannon. I can only imagine the devastation it would cause, especially at that range... :shock:

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

forgive me, its diameter is 2.40, not its radius.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Ebu Deyyus wrote:forgive me, its diameter is 2.40, not its radius.
Either way its still huge and really close to the wall. Honestly, I hadn't read that post, so I was just going by the pictures.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Athos wrote:Man, that's one huge cannon. I can only imagine the devastation it would cause, especially at that range... :shock:

Steve
That's what you would think, however I believe that it actually took so long to reload those cannons that the byzantines would actually have rebuilt the entire destroyed area by the time the cannon was again ready. This is a beautiful MOC, the walls are very obviously Byzantine, the cannon is splendid and the janissary's look incredibly realistic. The only thing that would be even cooler would be if the turks had just broken in, and you could have the byzantine emperor throwing off his cloak to join the fight. :D

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
HeartOfDarkness
Reeve

Post by HeartOfDarkness »

Quite a cool MOC. It pulls off studded walls very well.

As an aside, the cannons actually had to be packed with loam before it could be fired. Usually it would take about a day for said loam to set.
Ebu Deyyus
Freeman

Post by Ebu Deyyus »

Thank you all again.

@Athos, normally the cannons wouldnt be placed so close to the wall, but i had to because of baseplate limitations, and usually the cannons could not target well and they wouldnt hit the walls too often.
Also, the cannons could be fired at most 7 times a day.

@Emp. Jus, i have thought of adding the emperor but people would probably not understand who he was so i gave up the idea.
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

What an awful, brutal, disgusting, and down right pitiful MOC. It's got no chance!*

*Note I only say this because I know its ten times better then my entry and it will beat mine by a VERY long ways. :wink:
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]