black knights castle legend

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
FishRfine
Freeman

black knights castle legend

Post by FishRfine »

lego, why dont you re make 6086? every cc person alive would love you! the only ppl that wouldnt love you are those selling white dragon plumes on bricklink, and thats 3 people (the complete wheel) please lego, make us love you! we'll never complain about the jellies again!
Last edited by FishRfine on Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Re: black knights castle legend

Post by DNL »

that would be great!
FishRfine wrote:lego, why dont you re make 6086? every cc person alive would love you! the only ppl that wouldnt love you are those selling white dragon plumes on brickoink, and thats 3 people (the complete wheel) please lego, make us love you! we'll never co0mplain about the jellies again!
brickoink :lol:
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Brickwank.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Too bad they stopped the legend sets :( 6086 would have indeed made a great legend, and I'm sure everyone on this forum would buy (or want to buy) at least one.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

id buy 3 :)
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Due to random TLC policies like "no more legends" and "no more plumes", it seems unlikely.

However, I'd buy one if they did.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

PLEASE! Remake 6086... I want to get about 10 of those awesome sets! :D
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

rogue27 wrote:Due to random TLC policies like "no more legends" and "no more plumes", it seems unlikely.

However, I'd buy one if they did.
I would not say that these policies are random. Making many old sets likely was not very profitable for Lego.

For 6086 they would have to make the old ramp and pit raised plate which has not been used in many years. Other bricks and plates (such as the 6x10 red plate) are probably not in production. In addition, unique printing would have to be made for three torsos, flag, baseplate, three wall panels, three heads, two shields, and two bardings. Printing these pieces makes sense for a whole Black Knight's theme, but not so much for one Legend set. Of course they could still make a 6086 Legend, but they might not make a profit.

If the plumes mold wore out, I think that a new mold should be made. These elements add much to the castle theme.

Ben
FishRfine
Freeman

Post by FishRfine »

well, i no longer want them to remake white dragon plumes, because i just got some and if they do then they will lose value and i paid a fortune for them.
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

For 6086 they would have to make the old ramp and pit raised plate which has not been used in many years. Other bricks and plates (such as the 6x10 red plate) are probably not in production. In addition, unique printing would have to be made for three torsos, flag, baseplate, three wall panels, three heads, two shields, and two bardings. Printing these pieces makes sense for a whole Black Knight's theme, but not so much for one Legend set. Of course they could still make a 6086 Legend, but they might not make a profit.
I see your point, but what of other legends? the pirate theme of the legends must have needed lots of parts, like the masts, the hull, the sales to name a few, not to mention there are quite a few different designs of torso for the pirates.
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

lord azreal wrote:I see your point, but what of other legends? the pirate theme of the legends must have needed lots of parts, like the masts, the hull, the sales to name a few, not to mention there are quite a few different designs of torso for the pirates.
Lego can produce complicated old sets again like the Black Sea's Barracuda. I wonder if it was profitable because they had to bring back so many out of production elements and torsos.

What baffles me more is if Lego took the time to make this set, why limit the production run of a popular set? All of the effort went into making the BSB again and it sold out. You would think that another production run could have been made.

Ben
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

hmm perhaps Lego is finding it hard to surpress the legends and keep them as one off, special edition stuff, because everyone is buying the stock out, and its hard to stop it just being another line.
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day