On a 16x16 baseplate, or on a 16x16 base, create a series of 4 connected, castle-oriented vignettes that visually tell a story. The goal is to create a 'story' which can be viewed when the overall MOC is spun.
- You may enter twice, each individual entry consisting of the four connected vignettes.
- Each vignette is limited to an 8x8 base footprint.
- All four vignettes must be either permanently connected or able to connect together, and must be able to rest flush against or share 2 sides with its' neighbor vignettes.
- You may overlap your vignettes and/or the edge of the overall 16x16 base.
- Your overall entry may consist of a single 16x16 MOC with four vignetted 'scenes' each on an 8x8 footprint within, providing it tells a story.
- To tell your story, your vignettes must be put in a logical progressive order. You may move the story to the right or two the left, it is your choice. Your first and fourth vignettes do not have to relate to each other.
- You may repeat minifigs throughout the vignettes. However, if your story revolves around an object, that must be explicitly obvious.
- Do NOT write a story for your entry. You may title it descriptively, but the object is to visually tell a story.
- Please take at least one picture of each vignette, along with at least one picture of all four together at a distance (you should not be able to see the front of all four vignettes at the same time when connected).
- Castle-Oriented is defined by the acceptable themes able to be posted to the Castle MOCs forum. I.E. Castle, Ninja, KK2, etc. Roman, Greek, and other ancient themes are welcome as well.
- Custom elements are limited to minifig and animals, stickers, and minifig and animal accessories.
- Sorry, for this contest Ldrawn entries will not be accepted.
***Submit entries by replying to the forthcoming entries post. Please only post one picture in this thread and link to your offsite gallery of other images.***
***Please limit posted images in the entry thread to 400x400 pixels. Larger images may be used for greater detail, but must be only linked to offsite, and may not exceed 800x600 pixels.***
***Larger pictures than 800x600 may disqualify the entry.***
The special CC forum rank for one month of "Royal Bard" with the nifty "Champion" Logo
New MISB Set #5615 The Knight
Fame and Glory
2nd Place is the first loser.
The special CC forum rank for one month of "Understudy" with the nifty "Champion" Logo
CC will ship the prize USPS Priority up to $4.05 to anywhere in the USA. Winners outside the USA and/or where shipping is more than $4.05 will pay the difference.
The contest begins at the time of this post, February 1, 2008 and will end at 11:59 PM / 23:59 (CC server time) February 29, 2008 (This is a leap year, you know).
The Classic-Castle.com admins will decide the winner(s), and thus are ineligable to enter.
The Admins will pick their top favorite entries and create a 'Short List'. This Short List will then be put up for public vote to decide the winner.
If you have any questions, please reply to this post and ask away!
Good luck and Leg Godt!
The admins reserve the right to change the rules, deadline and anything else regarding to this contest for any reason at any time.