Tournament tent (lego factory)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
draugaer
Apprentice

Tournament tent (lego factory)

Post by draugaer »

I got to thinking the other day that it would be fun to one-up the lego kit designers and try to create sets myself that are still resonably priced. I decided to use LDD because I would be able to check the price and people could even buy the set.

The first of my series: Tournament tent
Buy it: http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Pr ... 66480e1bc0

Better picture: http://factory.lego.com/modelPopup.aspx ... 66480e1bc0

piece count: 133
price $14.41

The sides open and close and I included an anvil and armor stand (with euro armor huzzah!) I would have put a knight with it, but the minifig choice in LDD is pretty limited.

I'd say its a pretty resonable price for a factory kit. I could have made it cheaper by not including the anvil and armor stand, but I wanted to mimic the classic castle sets which usually included accessories like that. Only problem is the directions are pretty odd- 58 steps for a 133 piece model- lol.

Like I said I want to do a series of castle sets in LDD. I'll probably have a couple of these cheaper sets with a $60-70 castle set to top it off 8)
off topic- Have the results from the chess contest been posted? I'm still pretty new here so I don't know how long the judging usually takes, and I'm eager to see the results. :D
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

Nice design, has the "classic" touch to it. I'm surprised at the price aswell. It's not the best in comparisson to an actual set, but it's wicked cheap for a LDD set. As for the instructions that usually happens. In an earlier version I created a smallish fort with about 300 pieces. I spent a couple days deleting and adding stuff so the instructions inlcluded the steps to remove pieces making the instructions 200+ long :lol: .

I'm interested in what else you'll come up with!

-Hob Took
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

That is a really nice little set and seems like a pretty good price for LEGO Factory.

I especially love the awning/canopy out front. The dagging is ingenious.
raidersofdays
Villein

Post by raidersofdays »

$23 AUD for me :(
Too much Lego, is never enough.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

It is very nice. I wish they had more stuff to select from, especially minifig and equipment. It does have a ncie classic feel to it.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Gomur
Apprentice

Post by Gomur »

I dug this. I put together my Knight's Challenge tonight and I'm feeling like my next project will either be a bigger version of a tournament or something along the lines of the Blacksmith's shop. I've got to try building more stuff on LDD. I love the idea of being able to buy something I've built digitally.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

But of course, it would be ten times better if they actually HAD Castle pieces. :roll:
CornLegoCorn
Freeman

Post by CornLegoCorn »

I like it! I recently tried to make something of the sort, but of course, it's hard to make anything "cheap" that is also good on LDD, mine ended up being 22 USD. Bye!

(runs of to build some brick horses on LDD)
Lamenting is the opening to the world of night.