TRU Buy1/Get1 Half Off on ALL LEGO SETS

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

TRU Buy1/Get1 Half Off on ALL LEGO SETS

Post by Peppermint Pig »

One of the 'big' Toys R Us sales has just started. It runs week long, like usual.

Buy 1 set and get another set of equal or lesser value for half off. This sale applies to all Lego sets this time (AWESOME).
nanuck95
Court jester

Re: TRU Buy1/Get1 Half Off on ALL LEGO SETS

Post by nanuck95 »

For anybody living in the Midwest US that lives near a Meijer, they are running the same sale starting today as well. They usually don't have a great selection, but their prices are similar to Target and a little cheaper than TRU.
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

Yum yum, just picked up Tower Raid and Boulder Blaster for $44.48 before tax.

It's a bit of a challenge utilizing this sale, as you have to find two sets you want, that are similarly priced, and also don't have too much TRU markup. In this case there was only a dollar markup total between the two sets (Tower raid for 30.99), and the prices were only different by $4. So I got 22% off of MSRP.

I was tempted to go Peril in Peru + Soldier's Fort, but they are both $54, so even though you save $27, $8 of the savings is really just TRU giving back thier markup. (You end up paying $81 for $100 MSRP value, or 19% off MSRP)

As has been said before the best possible is 25% off, if you buy two sets of the same price with no markup.
"Nothing wrong with me. Not a frog. Nothing frog with me. I'm a respectabiggle . . . Reshpeckobiggle."

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew_raehl/]flickr[/url]
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Pity they don't carry the MMV, I'm really leaning towards getting a 2nd one.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

Here's our haul:

2x 6241 Loot Island 22.99 Ea

2x 6239 Battle Cannon 6.99 Ea

1x 8960 Thunder Driller 29.99 Ea
1x 3831 Rocket Ride 30.99 Ea

Compared to retail list prices, it was about $14 savings. Our sales tax is 7%. At best you are saving 25% before tax, so this is not the best sale TRU runs.

We always make a prep list so we know what to look for when we go in and how much they cost, what has a similar price, and we usually do a quick ranking as well so we just run down the options.

We're not going to gamble on getting a chrome vader, so we stayed away from those sets. :)

Rogue Shadow, Thunder Driller, and Cargo Plane sell at retail in our area. Boulder Blaster (one of those TRU 'exclusives') is also a good deal.

As you probably know, the impulse sets are priced absurdly at TRU. Despite this, they sell very well. The Battle Cannon is the same price as impulse, and yet you get a second fig and a cannon!!!