Fist of Everild

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme

What do you think of my attempt at chainmail ?

Really cool !!!
36%
It's ok....but I've seen better...
55%
That's suppose to be chainmail ?!
9%
Don't give up your day job....
No votes

Total votes: 11

Legolas
Foot Soldier

Fist of Everild

Post by Legolas »

Hello all,

I've just finished a shield and torso for another faction I'm working on and here they are:

ImageImage

Incase anyone is wondering, the markings on the shield are Dwarven.

Let me know what you think.....
Suggestions are always welcome....

--Joey
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hi Joey,

On the design itself, I think it's very well done with lots of attention to details, and I must say I like it. As a decal, however, my opinion is that I'm not sure it will work because once you shrink it down to minifig size, even if you can get a printer that's fine enough to print it, I'm not sure the human eyes will be able to grasp all the details, and the worst scenario is that both the fist and the runes will end up being little more than a blur. You may have to sacrifice some of the details if you want it to work.

After all, less = more. :wink:

R. B.
visit my website: www.redbeanstudio.net
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Like Red Bean, I agree that these look really good, personally I think they're your best yet, but in printing you'd probably loose the detail (compare with the size of the scalemail in KK1 and Black Knights).

Otherwise they look great, although I almost have to ask if the fist doesn't look too robotic.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I really like the shield and the torso designs, as others have said you might lose a bit in the printing. Other than that, I would have preferred to see the mail over a shirt rather than bare skin, I have always imagined dwarves more as underground dwellers, so that would be a chilly outfit in the mines. :wink: Still looks good though.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I like them both, but the shield is a little too fancy for my taste. Great job! :D
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"