CCCVII Training a Knight - Bear Claw Clan

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

CCCVII Training a Knight - Bear Claw Clan

Post by shmails »

This is an entry into the CCCVII Training a Knight Category:

The Bear Claw Clan has decided in order to battle the crown armies, they must create their own knights. Gorang has created a set of test to push the page to his limits.

The first test is the Leap of Faith, in which the page must prove his bravery in from of one of his mentors.

After passing some basic bravery and loyalty tests, the page is brought to the training grounds to have his first Bog Riding lesson. The Bog is the Bear Claw's version of a horse, and is an integral part of a Knight's training.

The final step before becoming a knight of the Bear Claw Clan, the page must stand on the carpet of blood and recite the oath to Gorang himself.

Lots more pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31157752@N04/

Enjoy!
Crushmaster
Freeman

Re: CCCVII Training a Knight - Bear Claw Clan

Post by Crushmaster »

Those are pretty. :) I like it. It's obvious these guys aren't the good guys. :tasty:
God bless,
Crushmaster.
Christ is Lord and King! To Him I give all glory and honor.
Romans 10:13 - For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Luke 13:3b - Except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.
Want to talk about theology or something? PM me.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Crushmaster wrote:It's obvious these guys aren't the good guys.
And why would you say that? Seriously, what in this makes you think that? Just cause the characters are of a more exotic flavour? Please explain.

Nice MOC shmails. I really enjoy seeing a connection between all your MOCs with the Bearclaw clan. This one adds a whole new dimension to them. The throne room really catches my eye. It's built very solid and angular. It conveys the feel of the clan very well. Excellent job.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Busboy489
Groom Extraordinary of the Chamber

Post by Busboy489 »

Great Job!! I really like your idea for this category!! The fountains in the throne room scene are awesome!! :)
Crushmaster
Freeman

Re:

Post by Crushmaster »

Robin Hood wrote: And why would you say that? Seriously, what in this makes you think that? Just cause the characters are of a more exotic flavour? Please explain.
Well, they're fighting against the Crown Knights, for one. Two, a "carpet of blood" and good guys don't mix...
In Christ,
Crushmaster.
Christ is Lord and King! To Him I give all glory and honor.
Romans 10:13 - For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Luke 13:3b - Except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.
Want to talk about theology or something? PM me.
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Good and bad are about perspective. I consider these guys somewhere between Germanic Vikings and Gauls. They are angry, but that is because there land has been taken and their way of life threatened. They do fight the crown kingdom, and are fierce warriors, however they have a deep belief in honor and codes of conduct (like Klingons). The story of the Bear Claw Clan started last year with a peaceful scene of them relaxing in their mountain fortress, but things turned when Gorang was captured in battle and sold to the Crown King, who made him the central attraction and the coliseum. Since then, the clan has been out for blood!

Just a little backstory, enjoy!
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

I've really been enjoying your Bear Claw Clan MOCs. They have a very unique flavor to them, and I am a total sucker for custom factions. My favorite is the bog-riding scene. Those spiky hurdles look plain old nasty! Hope he keeps his balance! I also like the small, tall (how's that for an oxymoron?) trees in the background. Very, very well-crafted MOC!

Build on!

~Voran
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I'm really liking the Bear Claw Clan series you've been working on. The story is great and the MOC's are even better. I liked the throne room scene the best out of the three you made for the contest, the details aren't overbearing, but they really fill it out nicely and make it interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have next.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Crushmaster wrote:Well, they're fighting against the Crown Knights, for one.
And that fact makes them bad how exactly? I think I missed the rule that states Crown Knights are de facto good guys, and any one who opposes them is bad. Moving on.

@shmails. Love the whole back story, as I said before. I also find your positioning of the Crown Knights extremely intriguing, as I put them in my universe in a similar place.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I've really been enjoying your Bear Claw Clan MOCs. They have a very unique flavor to them, and I am a total sucker for custom factions.
I agree, I love this set of MOCs. I seem to recall also that the first time I saw one of these figures was in last year's CCCVI. It was Gorang, a custom figure entry to the contest and now a staple of an ongoing set of MOCs. Oh and nice job on the knight-in-training torso. :)
NewRight
Peasant

Post by NewRight »

Neat entry!
I love the level of detail on all of them.
Good luck in the contest.
|[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/newright/]Flickr[/url]|
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

This is rad. Love the cliff dive. :D
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]