Black Knight Fort Entrance

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Deviet
Peasant

Black Knight Fort Entrance

Post by Deviet »

The Entrance to a small Black Knight fort.
For a bigger picture, see my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/deviet/4716569683/)
OverLoad
Steward

Re: Black Knight Fort Entrance

Post by OverLoad »

Very nice overall, but there are a few things you might want to consider changing. That tree next to the building on the right appears out of place, maybe try a different way of making the tree look more bulky and plant like? And the mottling could use a few more shades of gray, because to me, they look like a pattern, which isn't very Castle-ish IMHO.

Overall, nicely done. I really like the water and bridge. :D
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Nice Moc!! I like the little bridge and the shape of the turrets. Mottling doesn't look bad and the tree is perfect as is. Does the wooden door/gate open? I'd be tempted to swap out the yellow pebbles with tan (if you have them) and add some texture in the water slightly, but looks good as is. After viewing your Flickr, I'd encourage you to post more of your Mocs. :)
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Funnyham
Laborer

Post by Funnyham »

Quickblade22 wrote:Nice Moc!! I like the little bridge and the shape of the turrets. Mottling doesn't look bad and the tree is perfect as is. Does the wooden door/gate open? I'd be tempted to swap out the yellow pebbles with tan (if you have them) and add some texture in the water slightly, but looks good as is. After viewing your Flickr, I'd encourage you to post more of your Mocs. :)
Seconded. I particularly liked the giant bird, which was perfectly scaled, and have no criticism for your other works. Hot stuff!
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.
Deviet
Peasant

Post by Deviet »

I'm working with quite the limited color palette. I would also change some of the things you guys said, but thats for the future :)
No the gate doesn't open, it was my initial idea to do this, but I let it slide.
Quikblade: I was planning on posting my future MOC's here on CC yes :)

Thanks for the comments guys !
Tycho McKorley
Artisan

Post by Tycho McKorley »

I think you've captured the overall aesthetic of the Black Knights Lego line quite well while at the same time scaling it up to a more "adult" size. Was that your goal?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Tycho123]My Brickshelf Folder[/url]
Deviet
Peasant

Post by Deviet »

Thx Tycho !

Yes, the goal is using my favourite themes in a more harsh, mature medieval/fantasy universe.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

Funnyham wrote: Seconded. I particularly liked the giant bird, which was perfectly scaled, and have no criticism for your other works. Hot stuff!
where bird?
anyway the spot between the bridge and the towers/gate is well detailed. i agree with quickblade that the water is a bit flat.
i also like the motteling.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Funnyham
Laborer

Post by Funnyham »

Referring to his Flickr pages...there is a MOC of a giant bird, hence my talk of said giant bird...
A MOC a day keeps the doctor away.
Green Knight
Serf

Post by Green Knight »

In my opinion, the turrets where the best done. The vegetation looks really good but thy to add more detail on the moat.
My sword cries for your blood.