LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread *We've Moved!*

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Re: LCC - Garheim Official Faction Thread

Post by gurusql »

AK_Brickster wrote:The idea behind that is that it clearly identifies the build as belonging to Garheim. As long as you can work in the faction colors somehow, I think that is ok, but I really like to see a dark blue flag at least. If you need to build it into the base, that's OK too.

Does that make sense? If we reach a consensus that we don't want to require it, we can change the rules in the future. We were just trying to help build faction identity.
While I agree that there is not always a logical place to include it in the MOC, the rule of having it in the base removes that problem the majority of the time. I think that including the standard especially as we move farther into LCC and there will be characters traveling to other lands (if nothing else the Hero and Merchant Build requirements) it is nice to know that this a Garhiem MOC.

My opinion is to keep the rule in place, but I will be flexible with the majority. :)
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/40798201@N05/]Flickr[/url]
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Yeah, I think it makes sense to be able to include it into the base. I have already done this in a couple builds, though in those I have included a standard too. I totally see what you are saying with building a faction identity. Thanks for the replies.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Blaze Ryder
Peasant

Post by Blaze Ryder »

My entry for LC3: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22083

Two more views on my Flickr stream with more coming soon (unless I get busy and forget).
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

My entry for GC1. Sadly, I ran out of time, so I'm entering it as a free-build. (I guess 2 points are better than none!)

Link here: The Feasting Hall of Greng

EDIT:
I was also fortunate enough to have this MOC featured on the Lego blog, "The Brothers Brick" LINK TO BLOG ENTRY. (Thanks guys!)

Also, scores have been updated and deliberations are under way for the winner of LC3. For our next LC, I'm thinking of doing a seed-part challenge. What do you guys think of that idea? (please don't suggest any seed parts at this time ;) )
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I dropped the ball on both the current LC and previous GC and I apologise. Too much real-world tedious responsibilities getting in the way that I wont go into detail about. I am currently building something Garheim however! At this stage it's looking like a free build rather than it's intended LC3, but it will be submitted to the ranks eventually :)
konze
Freeman

Post by konze »

AK_Brickster wrote: EDIT:
I was also fortunate enough to have this MOC featured on the Lego blog, "The Brothers Brick" LINK TO BLOG ENTRY. (Thanks guys!)
Congratulations!
AK_Brickster wrote: Also, scores have been updated and deliberations are under way for the winner of LC3. For our next LC, I'm thinking of doing a seed-part challenge. What do you guys think of that idea? (please don't suggest any seed parts at this time ;) )
In my opinion this sounds very nice and difficult. Perhaps we need some time to buy these parts on BrickLink.
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

AK_Brickster wrote: I was also fortunate enough to have this MOC featured on the Lego blog, "The Brothers Brick" LINK TO BLOG ENTRY.
Congrats on being on brothers-brick!
AK_Brickster wrote: Also, scores have been updated and deliberations are under way for the winner of LC3. For our next LC, I'm thinking of doing a seed-part challenge. What do you guys think of that idea? (please don't suggest any seed parts at this time ;) )
Seed-part challenges are loads of fun especially if the part is common enough that people do not need to go out and get it the piece. I was in one back in Jan/Feb of this year on forbiddencove.com called the Pirates Part Plunder that required four builds one per week and used helmets, chairs, horse hitch and the 2x2x2 cone - it was great. I have include links to what I had done for everyone to see a few examples. :D
Athalus
Foot Soldier

Post by Athalus »

A seed part challenge would be sweet, but I agree thet it should be about a part that many of us have. Having to buy something just to be able to participate would discourage people from entering.

@Ak: Congrats on getting blogged :wink:
mitah
Apprentice

Post by mitah »

LCC - Lenfald - Ambassador to the North

Sir Alhan Henborough, High Ambassador to Garheim and the Lands of the North, is on a diplomatic mission en route to the Garheim Capital to ease tensions between Lenfald and Garheim - a result of the recent pact with Loreos.

LCC - Lenfald - Ambassador to the North

--

Maybe some of you fine Garhims would like to send an ambassador back to Lenfald?
[url=http://merlins-beard.com/board/8/lands-roawia][img]http://www.roawia.byethost7.com/files/?file ... -small.png[/img][/url] “Accept His Noodly Magnificence into your heart, into your soul, and ye shall forever be free. R'Amen.” – Ragu
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Very cool, Mitah. I'm sure one of our esteemed members will be willing to send a representative to your land.

Congratulations to Brother Steven on winning the GC! That victory puts us in the lead in the global standings! Well done everyone. All who participated should feel a sense of pride for helping us to accomplish this first-place finish!

Also, the winner and runner-up for LC3 have been announced, and scores have been updated. A new LC will be announced shortly.

Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
gurusql
Foot Soldier

Post by gurusql »

Congratulation to Brother Stevens for the GC win! :D It is excellent that we are in first for the global standings!

Also a congratulations to Konze for winning and Athalus for the honorable mention on LC3! Great jobs! :)

I am looking forward to LC4. :wink:
konze
Freeman

Post by konze »

Congratulations to Brother Steven for winning the GC1 ! (Now we are officially the best faction)

Yippie my first win! Thanks to everybody.
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Free build: To return the favor to mitah and Lenfald, I have made a creation to depict my chararcter, Leif Thorstein, on his way to Lenfald as a representative from Garheim. It seems Lenfald isn't as paranoid about outsiders as us Garhims are.

Moc thread is here.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Sniezka
Serf

Post by Sniezka »

Congratulations Konze! My hitch hiker picked the wrong time to hitch hike. I guess 2 points are better than none. :)
Courage is not always fighting .
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

Here's a new free build of mine, hope you all like it. :) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22116