Silly Question (regarding website building)

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Red Bean
Apprentice

Silly Question (regarding website building)

Post by Red Bean »

Hi all,

This is probably really silly. But my question is: if I type in "www.classic-castle.com", it will take me directly to its main page. I have recently registered my own domain at "www.redbeanstudio.net", how can I do the same with it so it leads straight to my main page? (which is at http://www.redbeanstudio.net/Frames.htm). Also, if you look at my LoTR minifig section you'll noticed some of the torsos and heads are available for download now. However, although the links are correct and the files are there, it doesn't work for some reasons. Any coders/non-coders able to give me some advises?

Thank you.

R. B.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

rename your homepage "index.html , .php, .htm, etc" :)

and btw, none of the sticker links work
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for answering. I have no idea why the sticker links don't work. I've double checked the files and the link and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them. I'll keep trying though, thanks again.

R. B.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I get a 404 whenever I click them :( :roll: And is there any chance of you ever making any Numenorian/Gondorian Swords/helmets? :P

Oh! one more question, Is your Faramir based on the movies or the books? It doesn't look like the movie one, but it does look like a cool idead for the body :)

And another thing, Could you also have the .jpg's available for download too, that way I can print large quanities of Soldiers ;)
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

Is this the correct link to the Aragorn Sticker? http://www.redbeanstudio.net/pdf/aragorn1.pdf

From the source code, that appears to be what the Image
is pointing to, but there is nothing at that address.

I am glad you are making these stickers available!
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hello,

I made them available in *.pdf because I thought acrobat reader is free for all to download and the quality is better than *jpg, that way it should satisfy pretty much everybody's needs. I am, however, still having problems with the codes. The link is correct and I can access the files via ftp; however, I can't get the webpage to work and the strangest thing is that when it's on my harddrive it works perfectly (on my html-editor). I'll keep on looking though.

All stickers will be available eventually, but it'll take some times because 1) I'm trying to sort out the codes for the website (which I'm no good at) and 2) I need to modify these torsos one by one to give them a better shape and fit. However, if there's any one particular design you'd like to see first, feel free to let me know and I'll do those first.

Thanks.

R. B.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I need the Wood-Elves, and just wondering, about how much is shipping to the US and how long does it take? (for like 10-15 weapons)
Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Ok. pdf download working now :lol:

Shipping cost for the weapons is actually cheaper now that they're being shipped from Hong Kong rather than the U.K. (where postal rate is quite high). The weapons are also quite light so for 10-15 weapons you can expect it to cost around $2-3 U.S. I'll get some elf torsos up next hopefully before this weekend ends.

R. B.
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

What program do you use to make these? Photoshop? Anthony seems to have had success making his torsos available through Photoshop and .jpg format. Photoshop files are especially useful because the layers allow colors to be changed easily.
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]