About the door-keys

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Dada
Freeman

About the door-keys

Post by Dada »

Hello !!!

Excuse me if I put a stupid question but I would like to know if the minifigs of the door-keys on sale about S@H its of the traditional figs (with the arms which move, the head that one can remove...) or if they are in only one piece (the arms cannot be removed...) ???

Thank you
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

Door keys? If you are referring to the minifig key chains that S@H sells, then yes, they are traditional minifigs - to a certain extent. The head, headgear, and legs are all glued together. You can move the arms, hands and legs. You can also pull out the arms and hands, as well as the legs from the "hips".

Hope that helps
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

Yes, it is that.
Mmm... It is sad:we are thus obliged to use the minifigs such as they are (one not to make necromancians with torsos of Darks Mauls...)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The Keychain part of the fig is removeable. Twist the keyring screw around quite a few times(50 or more), then turn it the other way. The direction you start doesn't seem to matter. Once you have turned the screw both ways, you should be able to wiggle the screw out. Then you have a fig with a whole in the top of its headgear, head and torso peg. I usually switch out the head for a new one same with the head gear. Voila you can make those darth maul necromancians to your heart's content.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

You might be able to do better through Bricklink. Lego S@H lists the Darth Maul keychain for 3.99, this shop:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=67 ... ID=2204852
lists 5 for 2.75.
I was actually surprised there weren't more Darth Mauls on Bricklink as this fig was fairly available a couple of years ago in that little 3-pack with Vader and the Emperor. I got several of those 3-packs so I could convert the Mauls and Emperors to Nazgul:
http://www.ozbricks.com/bricktales/lotr ... ast01.html

Bruce