Quick Review: My opinion on the new HP sets

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Quick Review: My opinion on the new HP sets

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

The Dementor minifigs are pretty well-done. Looks like a sickly green, one-legged skeleton with dark grey hood and a new cloak, which actually could be useful. Notice how the only facial features are the mouth.

Other minifigs: UGLY! The tan color makes it look like they are gonna puke and they’ve gone all pale. Holding my hand up in comparison, the skin tones are not realistic like LEGO wanted them. They look very bad.

Malfoy and Buckbeak set: Not much to see. The Hippogrif is cool, but Malfoy looks almost bald because of how close his skin looks to his hair.

Marauder’s Map: A few cool pieces, like the statue. Again, nothing really special. Why is Snape still glow-in-the-dark with grey hands? I thought the purpose was to make the characters look realistic, I don’t remember a glowing Snape! Probably because you can’t get any paler than the tan that the other characters are!

Lupin’s Class: A few nice pieces, such as the white horse armor and the tan stairs.

Sirius Black’s escape: A Dementor, Buckbeak, and some useful building pieces. The minifigs are the only things bringing this set down.

Hagrid’s Hut: Much better than the last version, a few of these would make an excellent castle village.

Knight Bus: No castle pieces. But that dog might be useful.

Small Hogwarts Express: Is there any change from the original?

Big Hogwarts Express: Pretty cool platform.

Hogwarts Castle: Cool. Has two Dementors, new huge door pieces, and a very big assortment of cool pieces in grey and tan. I’ll probably buy it if it’s $80 or under, even though I like the KKII castle better. This set is good because it’s not on a raised baseplate, but that also makes it look smaller. Useful pieces include:
Dementors
BAD’s (big awesome doors, OK, I’m not too good at making acronyms for LEGO)
Gryffindor shield
Light grey Lion Head statue
Lots of new grey castle pieces, including light grey “log” bricks. Good for stocking up.
Quite a few tan pieces. Very nice, I’ve seen grey castles and tan ones in real life.
A few useful torsos, including what looks like a blue version of the green Conquistador shirt.
Light grey roof pieces.
Two clocks, one big and one small.
From what I can see of the inside, it looks like there will be a few useful pieces there, too.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I am liking them over all. The new skin color though kinda...well it will the figs wont match.