defunct story creation (and more)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Felix
Serf

defunct story creation (and more)

Post by Felix »

Hello everyone,

I had been planning a short story for the Classic Castle Story Telling Contest, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. I'm currently moving and starting a new job*­; I'll likely not be able to get my lego-room together and active for a few months.

Anyway, here is a concept MOC for the antagonists of the story. The layout, length, and story-telling would have been similar to my Tale of the Green Wizard story from a few years back. I probably will do the story eventually, but the contest makes for a nice deadline to build for. Left on my own, it could take years.

On a side note: In the past I've been asked what style I go for and thats always an odd question to answer. My fantasy creations aren't inspired by history per se. I like the amalgam-ish style of D&D Forgotten Realms. As a result, I tend to avoid tudor and timber, in favor of domes and colored stone. Not that anyone really cares, but when I made the Snow Castle layout people kept asking me where it was supposed to be-- to which I answered "Its fantasy... its in a fantastical place." :P

Felix

*I'm moving to Tampa to teach at a small college.
Mike Viper
Archer
Location: At home practicing my singing, building, or hanging around with friends.

Post by Mike Viper »

Wow, I may not even enter the contest now! Looking good man. I like how you used flippers on the Gungan ride. Creative. Can't wait to see the rest.
I ow it to wunztwice for directing me here.
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

I like the colour scheme and the Oriental feeling which is flowing from these figs. The Imperial Guards look great as desert warriors.

BTW, I saw your Snow Castle layout and I wonder how you made that furry MOC in the last pic? :D I'd love to have such one myself.